Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: On Behalf of Grandmaster Doo Wai

Ahh - now they are responding on their forum to the posts we make here......

really sad. And yes, Dr. Harout did invite us over there mr Bak Fu Pai.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    Ahh - now they are responding on their forum to the posts we make here......
    Of course, like most cults, they only feel safe in their own little world... where they can delete anything that shows them for what they are....

but if they aren't posting here, mission accomplished
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Ross, since you have access to info that most here don't, have you investigated if Bak Fu Pai is currently taught anywhere in China, if so where, and who teaches it? I've been told that it is taught in China, but there's no way I could get newspaper articles or any other written proof. If I did get it, I wouldn't be able to read it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    By the way, I was in Shanghia in Dec 2001. That's when the case happened. The Miao family is located in Zhou Shan island which is south (south east?) of Shanghai but north in Ningpo. China does not have it's legal database on line like the US, but getting the info isn't impossible....
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

I think all the evidence you need to make an educated opinion on Doo Wai and his BFP is his straight sword performace (gag) and his "interesting" forum Honestly, if there is some BFP in China, we can only hope it is NOT like what they are doing, for the sake of humanity

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Ross, since you have access to info that most here don't, have you investigated if Bak Fu Pai is currently taught anywhere in China, if so where, and who teaches it? I've been told that it is taught in China, but there's no way I could get newspaper articles or any other written proof. If I did get it, I wouldn't be able to read it anyway.
    A simple Google search only turns up links to Doo Wai, his students, and his disowned students. All of them are in the United States. I have found nothing from outside of the US. If there is Bak Fu Pai in China, they really seem to keep quiet about it.

Of course, I could be wrong, and I would be thrilled for Doo Wai or his students here to post a link to a school in China. Or answer some of the questions posted in this thread. However, I suspect that is simply wishful thinking on my part.

ok, I hate to even post, since I have like less than a half dozen posts and will be instantly looked upon as a Doo Wai "follower", I looked at the videos, everyone of them I slowed down with Quicktime, all seem fairly rigged you can see lines at the top of the coconut. We have a TKD "master" here in my town that breaks bricks with his forehead, and they are not "rigged" but he refused to spar with my sifu's old sifu. My point is, who gives a crap what he can break or if he can beat up on one of his students, they will only do what he has taught them and should be predictable to him, right? My sifu would kill me in a fight, his proof is in fighting another style or on the street. Personally I agree with pretty much everyone else here........he is far from a grand master....but that is just my opinion,
    and BTW why would you start a d@mn thread only to not answer the d@mn questions....L0z3r
    ------------------------------
    When your hand is extended withdraw your anger,
    When your anger is extended withdraw your hand.

I found this
    Gene Wai Doo, MD
    1380 Lusitana St Suite 1007
    Honolulu, HI 96813

does that count?

all this reminds me of a song

"Wai Doo fools fall for bak fu......"

Thumbs up

OMG lkfmdc,
    that was freaking funny!

Thanks for the effort, but I have no interest in proving or disproving anything about Doo Wai. I've got my own personal opinion, as does everyone on the forum. I'm just asking about the style, Bak Fu Pai. And in regard to BFP, so far I've only seen people's opinions, and no one doing any actual research. No one even bothered to watch Doo's form in slow-motion.

One interesting thing however, I've heard lots of people say the 5 Elder history (which is in the history of many arts in some form or fashion) is from the Evergreen Chronicles, while I've always considered it more likely that the author of the Chronicles got it from Triad folklore. Then Ross not only tells us Miu Hing was a real guy, but that his descendants are known in China, and where they are. Who would of thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    A simple Google search only turns up links to Doo Wai, his students, and his disowned students. All of them are in the United States. I have found nothing from outside of the US. If there is Bak Fu Pai in China, they really seem to keep quiet about it.

Of course, I could be wrong, and I would be thrilled for Doo Wai or his students here to post a link to a school in China. Or answer some of the questions posted in this thread. However, I suspect that is simply wishful thinking on my part.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

I really don't want to get involved in the Doo Wai controversy. You say "if there is BFP in China...", and that's really the extent of my interest. Since you found Miu Hin's ancestors, I was hoping you'd be able to find out if BFP is taught in China or not, if so where, and by whom.

I think all the evidence you need to make an educated opinion on Doo Wai and his BFP is his straight sword performace (gag) and his "interesting" forum Honestly, if there is some BFP in China, we can only hope it is NOT like what they are doing, for the sake of humanity

I didn't really go out and find one of Miu Tin/Miao Tian's ancestors, I was just married to one previously.... you know, one of those Chinese that I met once

Question

Oddly enough - or not - none of the links work on those websites......

-David

China does not have it's legal database on line like the US, but getting the info isn't impossible....I didn't really go out and find one of Miu Tin/Miao Tian's ancestors, I was just married to one previously.... you know, one of those Chinese that I met once
    You say it's not impossible, but I bet it'd be pretty darn near impossible for someone who doesn't read Cantonese. I mean you do read and write like 5 dialects of Chinese, and you can't even get it. lol.

This may be of interest concerning "White something or the other...."

http://www.pakmei.net/articles/article.asp?ID=13

I've seen Doo Wai as a young man on video, offering to sell the complete Pak Mei system for only $30,000. According to the video, only he had the right to do so, and he went on to do some demos with whom I believe are Lacy and his other cohort, who's name escapes me. Whatcha bet, somebody ripped somebody off???

Same stuff, flailing arms, no footwork, no power, and I bet, he can't even do it the same way twice....

He can talk some talk for sure...I know some good people who got sucked in, most realised it eventually.