Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Luan Jie Video??

18, sorry to say this bud, but I am the greatest and biggest asswipe. I even have an award next to my desk! Yup, I am pretty proud of that one.

bungbukuen,

please STFU.

Sincerely,

Me

BBk is right, Jake brought up Cottrell's DVD. That would make him the subject of the 'asswipes' sentence. It's not semantics - he DID make the change.

ThreeH had the same problem with MiHouTao this thread. Darn that English language.

So come on, if y'all going to do the usual thing and break down into the fools, asswipes and stfus, at least answer the juicy bits. What about that business about Tolson over at MQ? If you comment, do you get kicked out for dissenting the regime also?

Redfish.

I wasn't following the problem until I saw this thread so I checked it out at MQ and it looks like it's been resolved. Just an unfortunate misunderstanding that blew up into a big mess from what I see.

So, back to What's up with the Luan Jie Video??

Yao

You were in Tampa yesterday, did you ask 18 Elders about it?

Maybe start another thread about the other things going on, not directed to you Yao Sing.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Actually, it didn't come to mind while we were talking.

Heard you were down a couple weekends ago. I was down in Venice that weekend.

Maybe next time I can meet you guys for lunch or something.

lanjie video

back to the original thread.

as soon as i find out a date i will let everyone know.

here is a short clip of master shr performing part of lanjie at a demo:
    http://tainan.colugo.org/luanjie%202nd.mov
    Last edited by 18elders; 11-22-2006 at 02:26 PM.

Originally posted by Lu Bu

Please STFU.
    Hi Charles – seems the sensitivities are running high for you. No need to take things so seriously and really no need to make such derogatory remarks. The only thing you proved is that you are capable of lowering yourself in a public forum.

Originallyposted by Yao Sing
    I wasn't following the problem until I saw this thread so I checked it out at MQ and it looks like it's been resolved. Just an unfortunate misunderstanding that blew up into a big mess from what I see.
    Yao Sing...seems a lot of people have taken interest in this thread. Views are almost at 1,500. On the MQ thread views for the DVD topic have almost reached 5,000. Jake even felt compelled to bring it up on this thread. 18Elders did not mind when he braught it up originally, so it is too late now to back out. Sorry 18Elders, that was your decision.

As for Sifu Cottrell, is sounds far from beign resolved. The video is not out, and he said himself that his personal and business ventures have been misaligned. My initial reaction is that if it was not truly a risk to Sifu Cottrell, and he had in fact taken care of all of the little details, then he would have cared less what Tolson had to say about it.

What did Tolson actually say, and what do you guys think?

Rgds,
    BBK

So are you saying it's not resolved? Is someone holding out for a percentage of the sales?

I work in the film industry and usually these things are taken care of in writing ahead of time. Since this is Steve's first attempt maybe he missed something along the way.

The thing is do the parties involved want to work towards unity and spread the style or keep the fragmentation? Is it such a bad thing that someone makes a few dollars for all the work he put into the gathering?

I doubt he'll be getting rich over this DVD.

I don't know the inside story so maybe I'm missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by bungbukuen View Post
    Hi Charles – seems the sensitivities are running high for you. No need to take things so seriously and really no need to make such derogatory remarks. The only thing you proved is that you are capable of lowering yourself in a public forum.

Sensitivities? LOLOL XD Not anything here to be sensitive about. Unless of course by "sensitivities" you mean "irritation", then you're probably right.

Taking this seriously? Don't worry, I actually find it nearly impossible to take anything you say seriously after the trolling you've done. And I certainly have no need to take anything here as seriously as you personally seem to.

STFU isn't a derogatory remark. It's a command, like "go get me a glass of milk" or "slap that old lady". Here, for you, is the definition of derogatory:
    de·rog·a·to·ry /dɪˈrɒgəˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri/ Pronounciation[di-rog-uh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] adj. 1. Disparaging; belittling: a derogatory comment.
    2. Tending to detract or diminish.

And, honestly...lowering myself in a public forum? Hahaha, coming from you, that's rich. Hello pot, meet kettle.

I asked (yes, asked, hence the clever usage of the word "please") you to STFU because you are neither contributing to a thread about a Lan Jie Video nor putting anything really worthwhile into the thread. If you want to fight with someone then by all means, be my guest. Just take it to private messages where it belongs. Especially after people have asked you to stop. It makes you look somewhat childish.

Sincerely,

Lu Bu

Nicely put Lu Bu! I like your command of the English language.
    Cheers,
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Charles,

I take it back. You aren’t sensitive and I apologize. In fact you have a great sense of humor and being able to make it about yourself really demonstrates that you a big person. I mean the whole Freudian innuendo you made about ‘Go get me a glass of milk’, ‘Please STFU’, and, ‘Slap that old lady’, all nicely placed in the context of an English grammar lesson was hilarious. I am glad you are not irritated, over sensitive, or carry any childhood baggage. Three Harmonies, you just hang in there big guy. Peace.

Yao Sing, Redfish,

People always get greedy and stupid when it comes to money. Even talking about it on this board seems to make the natives restless. But you are right that we do not have all of the pieces of the puzzle right now. I would also be interested to know what the terms of Sifu Cottrellss understanding was, and two, what Tolson said exactly on the MQ forum for him to get roasted like that.

In all fairness, considering Sifu Cottrells track record this last year in the honesty department and the disciple incident, it is also entirely possible that he fabricated the whole thing about Tolson being against him. The only thing I ever saw that may have irritated Sifu Cottrell was that Tolson was translating more WHF works than him and posed some healthy competition???

Rgds,
    BBK

............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:”........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

bungbubuttfuk

listen you ball-less asswipe, i asked to return to the thread of the lanjie video.
    Obviously you lack any kind of respect or you would stop your BS.
    Why don't you post who the fuk you are you chicken****.
    Obviously you don't have anything to contribute so i ask all of us not to reply to him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 18elders View Post
    listen you ball-less asswipe, i asked to return to the thread of the lanjie video.
    Obviously you lack any kind of respect or you would stop your BS.
    Why don't you post who the fuk you are you chicken****.
    Obviously you don't have anything to contribute so i ask all of us not to reply to him anymore.
    Clearly 18elders has got this respect thing down.