Thread: AWESOME You Tube find SC clips galore!

AWESOME You Tube find SC clips galore!

Somebody may have already posted these, but I figured I'd post these.

This guy posted some great stuff

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ashwix
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

So what thoughts do you have after seeing those clips, Merry?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

1. I'm as impressed with SC as I have always been.
    2. Good grappling looks a lot alike the world over - all of this is recognizable to me.
    3. That "common language" so to speak, makes it intelligible to me. That is, if I see something that I think is a bit unusual, I can at least understand what I am looking at.

Importantly, I think it shows the difference between people who can grapple and people who THINK they know what that entails. SC people (provided, like anybody else, they train properly) know how to grapple. If you're a CMAist and hard over about doing Chinese styles, and have no other grappling, go learn some SC because I'm 90% certain that if you don't have it in your background, you only think you know about grappling...
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

sc is cool.

I'd like to see more of it that doesn't involve using the clothes to get the leverage.

no gi so to speak.

all the sc ive seen in comps and on clips involves extensive use of grabbing the clothes to set the hooks.

I kinda gravitate more to a GR way of setting the hooks into joints and voids (armpits, back of joints, natural impressions)

for using clothes, the kungfu i learned has that as well.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You mean they have Judo in Beijing now? LOL! No way! I wonder if the Japanese have training tools like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3eb740pyiE
    Last edited by Faruq; 11-05-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ashwix

He had just demostrated the following principles in a single move:

- Timing (when to execute your move),
    - Opportunate (how to recognize an opportunate),
    - Angle (which angle to apply your move),
    - Force (How to generate your force),
    - Balance (how to maintain your own balance).

As far as the SC jacket, it serves 2 purpose:

- Force your opponent to fight (it's hard for him to run away if you grab him), and
    - Protect your opponent when he fell (you can pull him when you throw him so his head won't hit the ground).

You can consider the jacket throwing as "winter ski slop combat skill" and no jacket throwing as "summer sand beach combat skill". Both has it's value.

How to create a chance to get a hold like this without being kicked or punched by your opponnent is not shown in this clip. That the difference between traditional SC and combat SC.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-05-2006 at 05:10 PM.

I wonder if the Japanese have training tools like this:
    I know that bands and straps, such as the one in this picture, are used quite often.

Dunno about the weighted pole bit though.