Thread: San Francisco School

San Francisco School

Hi Everyone

I am very interested in studying 8 step. Does Master Shyun still teach at the San Francisco school or did he move out of the area? Are there any other options?

take care

You are welcome up here in Seattle if you like. Careful asking about Shyun around the boards!!!!
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Hello acuboy,

It is to my understanding that Shyun Shifu does have schools in SF that are lead by his instructors, but not Shyun himself.

Another option, which I personally would recommend for you, would be to make the trip down to San Jose and study with Chang Shifu. He is now accepting students, so this is a rare oppurtunity to study with a down to earth instructor who studied directly from Grandmaster Wei.

I've travelled from San Diego to visit Chang Shifu. Making the trip a little south of SF is a very small obstacle for you to overcome based on the returns you would get from studying 8 Step with Chang Shifu.

Best Regards,
    M.Dasargo

I am not related to Master Shyun in any way or form.

I just want to mention to you Jake that it is not cool to promote your own school, and then in the same breath subtley 'dis' another school.

Respectfully,
    BBK

BBK
    Who "dissed" anyone? I simply said be careful asking about him on these boards!?!? Get your panties unbunched dude.
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Jake,

Reread your post. You implied that something wasnt right about Shsyun.

It sounds like you harbour some kind of negative feelings towards him. Otherwise why would you make that kind of comment?

Talking downward to people with comments like, 'get your panties unbunched' is disrespectful and degrading only to yourself.

Respectfully,
    BBK
    Last edited by bungbukuen; 11-10-2006 at 10:22 AM.

I was refering to trolls such as yourself who flame all sorts of crap about Shyun and anyone else that does not see things your way on KFO! I do not know him so how could I have any negative feelings towards him?
    I have a hard time getting lectured to about respect from someone that does not even use their real name when acting holier than thou!

Bugger off,
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Hi Jake,

The original post was about Shyun in Sanfransisco. You came in, gave yourself a nice little promo for Seattle (?), and then made a slighted remark.

Because you use your real name Jake does that give you the right to behave in a dis-respectful and rude manner?

As I said treating people like that only reflects poorly on yourself.

Cheers,
    BBK

BBK
    Good. I presume I will not have to bother with someone such as yourself wanting anything to do with me then!!
    Couldn't make me happier!

Cheers
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Jake,

The original post was about Shyun in Sanfransisco. I thought it was strange that you came in and promoted yourself in a completely unrelated region, and then make an off remark about Shyun. That was uncalled for.

And you still have yet to explain why 'people have to be careful about asking about Shyn around the boards'.

I have not heard a single negative thing about him, except from you.

Regards,
    BBK

Smile

Hi acuboy,

Anyone instructors that are solely teaching and promoting 8 Step Mantis like master Chang, master Shyun, master Wu, master Zuo, their other classmates and their students, etc are many options.

From my research, 8 Step Praying Mantis system is a great style and have been growing and spreading during the past many years.

I recommend you checkout different instructors and then you can decide who will meet your needs as to your goal in studying 8 Step.

I wish you all the best in your journey.

Acuboy, as Michael mentioned my shifu is no longer teaching in S.F after the school burned down he sold it to his students and moved to L.A

He has some students in S.F and a school in cupertino but depending on what level you are you may not want to waste your time and again as Michael said seek out Shifu John Chang. Good luck in your search
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."