Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Mr Punch's Brand Spanking New Blog

Went to gym.

Free weights area had changed. I changed, envisioning more machines and the typically useless **** you get in Japanese gyms (maybe elsewhere too).

Found it's twice as big as it was, AND it has a big fat spanking squat rack!

Happy.

See ya.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Discovered wave loading.

Broke three previous plateaued PRs in three sessions training (six days) - squat, bent-over row, dead.

Admittedly, could barely lift my kit bag on the next session... I think the three seshes of PRs and working to failure hit me harder than I thought, and I don't really think my current average of five hours sleep a night really constitutes a 'recovery period' as such, but still.

And loving the squat rack.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Now.

I
    Am
    Hard
    !

I
    Am
    Teh
    Deadly

How y'all doing?

Update

As some of you know (it's in this thread too) about three years ago I couldn't lift my arms or my head or tie my own shoelaces. The quacks gave me painkillers and told me I'd never be able to do any exercise again. I chucked away the painkillers and looked up a load of stuff, including asking a lot of stupid questions of the likes of GDA, Sanjuro, Oso and the usual gang on here, and buying a book a still strongly recommend, New Rules Of Lifting by Alwyn Cosgrove and Lou Schuler.

Two days ago I cleanly quarter squatted 160 kgs for two reps. I weigh 79. It's only a quarter squat but I can see myself going ATG with the same weight before the next couple of months are out. I am largely pain free.

Just thought I'd pop in to give y'all an update and a big thank you for everyone who's answered my stupid questions, and of course KFM and the shaolin temple.