Thread: Any Taiji Mantis, Northern Mantis or Plum Flower in Shanghai?

Any Taiji Mantis, Northern Mantis or Plum Flower in Shanghai?

I am looking for either a Plum Flower Mantis, Taiji Mantis or Northern Mantis instructor in Shanghai. I wouldn't mind learning 7 star, but the one 7 star school I found doesn't take anymore students and I haven't been able to find anyone else. I heard there is a small group that practices plum flower mantis (or was it taiji mantis?) on the Bund in the mornings (maybe I am mistaken, that's what I heard though). I don't care if it's private or group instruction, as long as it's mantis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in this matter. I am a long time fan of mantis and I still practice it (northern mantis that is) every day without fail.

Please feel free to private message me with any info.

Thanks in advance!

-Sam Tripp

Hi Sam Tripp,

I dont know if this helps but I came across a Mantis teacher by the name of Li Dalin in the Mantis Cave. It says he one many wuhsu competitions and teaches QXTL in Shanghai. If I am not mistaken I also remember hearing somewhere that that he taught at the Shangahi Ching Woo. Might be something worth checking out.

Good luck,
    BBK

Sam

Yes, there was an older Inside Kung Fu article about a Mantis tour of China. I remember it talked about Li Dalin teaching at the Jingwu.

I know that area very well, at the crossroads of Dong Baoxing Lu and Sichuan Bei Lu.

Let us know what you find.

Redfish.