Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need computer help again!!

Need computer help again!!

I keep getting an annoying little popup from my system tray that says "Your computer is infected, Windows has detected spyware infection, click here to protect your computer from spyware"

But when I do, the little popup just closes.

I ran Norton antivirus, and several spy, and addware removers, and it is still there.

Also, since this got on my system, my fire wall has been blocking neumerous attempts from some outside source to access my computer.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 11-15-2006 at 12:15 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

What adware/spyware removers did you try and what browser do you use?

I used Spybot, and Ad Aware.

The browzer i use is Explorer, except for my tradeing, I use Firefox for my charts (But still e-mail myself the chart codes out of explorer due to the cut and paste issue with Firefox).
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

that little pop-up is spyware. the new thing is spyware programs that pretend to be anti-spyware programs. do not click on files like that. they just download more malware onto your computer.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

oh i almost forgot. i found the name of the program that i used to get rid of the same problem on my computer. download sumthin called spyware doctor from cnet.com

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

----- FuXnDajenariht

----------- Yes -- what he said !
    "The moon is not affected by the baying of wolves" - TenTigers 6/29/06
    佛山

lol.

RD, im surprised you're still able to get a net connection at times.

lol. you clicked on it? dude! #1 cardinal rule is don't click on that stuff!

also, surfing russian girkl dating sites is a really really bad idea. .ru sites reek of viruses, trojans, adware, spyware and so on.

keep away from them!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol.

RD, im surprised you're still able to get a net connection at times.

lol. you clicked on it? dude! #1 cardinal rule is don't click on that stuff!

also, surfing russian girkl dating sites is a really really bad idea. .ru sites reek of viruses, trojans, adware, spyware and so on.

keep away from them!
    Bah! Whats a little computer virus in the face of true love?

lol i guess it is less harmful than catching real viruses from the barflies in town.

oooorr.... you could end up tied up and gagged in some bald fat guys basement...

Ooooooooor, I could end up with my soul in a Doll!!!

See, here is the thing, it pops up in a little bubble as if it is part of windows itself. It's the same little bubble that pops up from the system tray that tells me there are updates for Windows. Clicking on that one takes me to Microsofts site, which useually tells me have a hacked install of XP (I really need to have a talk with the guy I got XP from, I wonder if the trunk of his car gives refunds?), and won't let me do an update anyway but......

For the Women:

+ = & a

My, what a tangled web we weave...
    "The moon is not affected by the baying of wolves" - TenTigers 6/29/06
    佛山

I may just delete, and reinsall windows. I have my drive partitioned with Windows only on the "C" drive, for just such and occasion.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Sounds like you downloaded the WGA update and it discovered you have a bootleg copy.