Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need computer help again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    I keep getting an annoying little popup from my system tray that says "Your computer is infected, Windows has detected spyware infection, click here to protect your computer from spyware"
    This sounds like adware trying to frighten you into buying their software.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    See, here is the thing, it pops up in a little bubble as if it is part of windows itself. It's the same little bubble that pops up from the system tray that tells me there are updates for Windows. Clicking on that one takes me to Microsofts site, which useually tells me have a hacked install of XP (I really need to have a talk with the guy I got XP from, I wonder if the trunk of his car gives refunds?), and won't let me do an update anyway but......
    This sounds like you have a bootleg OS. So you actually have 2 problems.

Apparently I do. It's weird though, I have a backup disk, but I have the codes for it and all, and it runs just fine, without problems that I can see.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a