Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Yang Jwing-Ming's kung fu retreat?

KF,
    I really don't see it, sorry. If you are ever in Chicago, you are more than welcome to prove me wrong.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    KF,
    I really don't see it, sorry. If you are ever in Chicago, you are more than welcome to prove me wrong.
    Do you have a school? If so, what is the address?

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Because it is hard to kick someone there when they are using open guard and kicking back at you... try it sometime.

Reply]
    Oh really? How about you lay down on your back, spread your legs, and then try and stop me Pal...

Really KF, that has got to be the dumbest thing you have ever said.......
    Hell RD, wimins been stopping you that way for years.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

No, no school. I am just sort of on my own at the moment.

Do you know any good people around here?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Hell RD, wimins been stopping you that way for years.

Reply]
    LOL!!!

For the Women:

+ = & a

I just got this YMAA press release

http://ymaa-retreatcenter.org/news_e...retreat-center

We are announcing the last chance to apply to become a disciple of Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming and a student of the YMAA Retreat Center. After this applicant pool, there will be no more students accepted into the program. Deadline for applications is May 31st. The 10-year program began in Sept 2008.

Please mention this in your community and pass on to anyone who may be interested. Thank you.
    If you didn't get the chance to read my article on this, check out Dr. Yang and his Disciples in our 2009 January/February Shaolin Special. Also check out our May June 2009 for the first article by one of Dr. Yang's disciples, Fundamental Martial Arts Conditioning: Jumping by Jonathan D. Chang.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

wait wait wait wait

$500,000 ???

not ever happening.
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

San Shou has more rules (more restrictive) then UFC

UFC more rules then Vale Tudo

Vale Tudo has groin and head stomps (and un-successful groin and head stomps) vs open guard.

Good feeder-tournaments in Hawaii with less restrictive rules then UFC seemingly. Inoue Brothers etc. There used to be a skinny black fighter in those old DVDs that ended many cage fights with crazy jumping stomping flying techniques. TKD guy, Wasn't very good really, but unorthodox and loved to stomp heads.

etc, you guys are funny. Iron fist gets an 8 from me.

strike!

yang jwing ming is greedy >
    grrrr

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Havoc in Honolulu!

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    yang jwing ming is greedy >
    grrrr
    lol, to be sure he is a "business and money first" kind of guy by most reckonings.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol, to be sure he is a "business and money first" kind of guy by most reckonings.
    haggled fiercely with me 15 years ago over a few $ on some books he was trying to fire-sale at a tournament...

i see his taiji application on youtube, another of those doing qin na softly videos

whats with so many taiji masters turning simple block punch into some complicated kama sutra qin na?
    Last edited by bawang; 04-16-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

On the retreat - sounds like he didn't get the response he anticipated and is still trying to get students to join.

And on the crotch stomp on downed opponent - anyone think about grabbing the feet THEN stomping the crotch?

I think too many peeps are stuck thinking inside the box, especially when there are no pesky rules to get in the way of having your way.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

if everyone pitches in one of us can go...

I just realized that I am reading a book by yang jwing-ming, and it maight not even be the book I was looking for ...