Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Yang Jwing-Ming's kung fu retreat?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    those people arent even training hard. they still have fat meat after 2 years of full time training. theyre soft as tofu. its rediculous

traditionally what do you look when choosing a disciple?
    no fat people, no light skinned (chinese) because they never tasted hard labor, no shifty eyed people, no weak and frail people, no showoffs

what does yang jwing ming look for?
    no poor people
    LOL!!!!!

are you serious though? they should be in great shape with 2 years of full time training.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

when i was training for 2 months in summer vacation my face looked like a skeleton. same in the winter last month.
    when i got lazy and stopped training for 1 week i look like his chinese disciple in the video. because a small layer of fat came back. his disciples dont look like they trained hard at all. maybe they did push hands 6 hours a day.

when u stop training and ur fat comes back it also makes your face look soft. his students look nothing like full time kung fu people in china
    Last edited by bawang; 01-14-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

imo the true test is if any of his disciples enter a professional fight contest and do well after their discipleship. without fighting to prove he made real MA masters out of them, there will always be that question regarding real skill
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i read his website it says theres only 5 students left after 2 years
    i doubt even one will finish the 10 years

if they trained in china (for 10 times less money) they wouldnt last one month

i read his website it says theres only 5 students left after 2 years
    i doubt even one will finish the 10 years

lol, how many did he start with and does he get to keep the 100k if they bail early?

i dont remember man sry, it was a thread two years ago. i dont remember if its 100k upfront or 10k a year

how dare you not remember everything.

i know some poor kung fu people who taught freely; theres a guy whos been working at chinese restaurants for 30 years in poverty and showed me basics of taijiquan and qigong. when i have money, i will find him and bow down and make him my second father and give him enough to live a good life. (im serious here)

another taiji guy, who charged me 200 dollars a month then taught me zero nothing then his cult students try to stop me from talking to him because he is so revered i dont deserve to talk to him? fuk his mother

I don't like to be negative but 2 things,

1. I agree with bawang, people talk alot of trash about shaolin but those guys probaly are training 1000x harder than what yang is having his students go through. You can see it when you're there. The skinny scoweled faces, sun burned skin and amazing kung fu btw, i met a canadian that was there for 3 years and he looked the same.

2. Yang didn't train in a full time program like this. he learned part time from his sifu while he went to school, eventualy comming to america and earning his dr. degree. To me him saying that students need to go through this program(that he didn't) to attain his knowledge is the height of ego. Very cultish

After building this retreat and students dropping out he probally isn't making much money, but to me it seems like his motivation is more to stroke his own ego.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

The people that go will have their own mind eventually and that is all part of learning.

I agree with Shaolin Dynasty (and more) but because i am working hard at not shattering other people's rice bowls or perspectives, I'll leave it at that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    The people that go will have their own mind eventually and that is all part of learning.

I agree with Shaolin Dynasty (and more) but because i am working hard at not shattering other people's rice bowls or perspectives, I'll leave it at that.
    *edit*
    because every session shows me how much more i need to work. and it's been a lot of trips around the sun already.

oh, you'll be hot shit as a younger practitioner, but you will then refine your practice. You will not be actively fighting as you age and you will likely be imparting what you know to someone else eventually.

and still, you'll be working out and recognizing in your practice where structure was wrong, or power issuance wasn't there, or how your will collapsed and you couldn't finish that set.

Someone said "Show business is a heartless and cruel bitch."
    Martial arts practice can be as well. lol

everything that's incorrect, that you work to correct, and can not immediately do so, is what is known as -eating bitter-.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    that's cuz they don't have real toilets.
    I wouldn't last two days there.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    that's cuz they don't have real toilets.
    I wouldn't last two days there.
    thats just horse stance training!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post

Training Hours
    Monday - Friday:
    (33 hours/week) x (39 weeks) = 1287 hours/year = (12870 hours/10 years)

Lecture Hours
    Monday - Friday:
    (15 hours/week) x (39 weeks) = (585 hours/year) = (5850 hours/10 years)

Meditation Hours
    Monday - Friday:
    (6 hours/week) x (39 weeks) = (234 hours/year) = (2340 hours/10 years)
    Um, when do they get personal time? That sounds like 12.8 hours per day of crap to do. Sleep for 8 hours, and that leaves 3.2 hours for things like eating and having fun. That's more than a work day.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

with the huge mountainload of money theyre paying him and all the supposed hard training, his students look unusually happy
    Maybe it's a facade.

Cults do that.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.