Thread: Reptilian Brain Mode

Reptilian Brain Mode

Hello @ all,

I've read about the Reptilian Brain Mode (RBM) in Erle Montaigue's "Death Point Striking"-Book and, as I am new to this stuff, I have some questions.

First, assuming I am in the RBM and no one is there to whom I can recact to (empty room, training to get in the RBM) - what will happen? Will the RBM fade out after some minutes or must there be some signal or something to "wake me up"?

What does it looks like if one fights while in the RBM? It is like an uncontrolled art of fighting or are the movements target-oriented to cause damage on vital parts of the body?

If I've understood it correctly, the target of the fighting in the Reptilian Brain Mode is to internalise the momments of some kind of newer-fighting-style so deep that it can usesd in the RBM - but does this really work? Or is it better to act in the RBM-fighting-style as it was planned by nature some thousand years ago and switch, after one have access to the "newer brains", to an advanced style like Dim-Mak or another?

Thanks for your help!

Tightrope Walker

Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Greetings..

RBM? this is someone's contrived description of certain aspects of natural human behavior.. RBM is not a specific mode that is switched on or off, it is a marketing ploy that some people will buy.. There is no specific area of the brain marked "reptilian", it's a notion that some folks have concerning activities that are similar to reptilian activities.. That a particular area of the brain activates whenever these reptillian attributes manifest is not indicitive of a "reptilian" brain, just another aspect of our own human brain.. Earle is not opposed to sensationalism, especially if it attracts interest and $.. for some people there may a certain alure or romanticism in referencing reptilian, but.. in the end, it is a distraction from the pursuits of our own nature(s)..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

I think Earle might have read something about the triune brain and then got confused about what it meant. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triune_brain should give you an idea.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Quote Originally Posted by tightrope walke View Post
    Hello @ all,

I've read about the Reptilian Brain Mode (RBM) in Erle Montaigue's "Death Point Striking"-Book and, as I am new to this stuff, I have some questions.

First, assuming I am in the RBM and no one is there to whom I can recact to (empty room, training to get in the RBM) - what will happen? Will the RBM fade out after some minutes or must there be some signal or something to "wake me up"?

What does it looks like if one fights while in the RBM? It is like an uncontrolled art of fighting or are the movements target-oriented to cause damage on vital parts of the body?

If I've understood it correctly, the target of the fighting in the Reptilian Brain Mode is to internalise the momments of some kind of newer-fighting-style so deep that it can usesd in the RBM - but does this really work? Or is it better to act in the RBM-fighting-style as it was planned by nature some thousand years ago and switch, after one have access to the "newer brains", to an advanced style like Dim-Mak or another?

Thanks for your help!

Tightrope Walker

Despite what the skeptics might say this is a valid tactical approach. You might need to read some of Erle's other works such as this one:

http://www.taiji-qigong.co.uk/Free_T...20Violence.pdf

He tells you how to get in RBM. If you can get in then you can get out. RBM will help with any type of fighting style. It doesn't have to be Yang TaiChiChuan.

As far as techniques go, the more gross the better. I like the push, elbow strike and shoulder strike that are the trademark of Chen Village Taichichuan.

You might want to see if you can get a copy of Bruce Siddle's "Sharpening the Warriors Edge" to help you distill what works under stress.

Thanks to all for your comments - looks like I have to get a deeper insight into this :-)