Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Sihing

Happy Birthday Sihing

Happy Birthday Sihing!
    Hope your training is going well and that is the reason we have not seen you around for a while. It should be getting pretty cold around your part of the world now so keep practicing and be sure to put all the candles on your cake to keep everyone warm. Happy birthday and be well always.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Today is James Roller's B-day??
    I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenceofidaho View Post
    Today is James Roller's B-day??
    yep L boogie !
    Happy old @ss man day bro
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

Hey James,

I hope you're having a great one.......

-L
    I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

Best wishes

Hello,

Wishing you all the best and many, many more in the future.

Happy Birthday!!!!
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Hey James,

I hope you're having a great one.......

-L
    Ditto. Hope you're holding down in Ont!

Best,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Thanks Guys.

I just got back from the family Bday party at Boston. Had a good time with the family and now it is time for rest as I stuffed my self with some good fetticini, lol. I did pretty good tonight too, walked out of there with some extra $$$ and a pair of slippers..

Hey Tony,

It's just now starting to get cooler but there is no snow on the ground and it's still above 0 deg Celcius (32 F for our American friends) on most days so I'm holding out for much more of the same. I hate the winters here, and it doesn't matter how long you have lived up in the great white north, cold is still cold.

Been training pretty consistently with the training partner, gettin together on average at least 3 times a week, and teaching twice a week on the weekend with a small group of guys, so been pretty busy with stuff, with not much time for posting. Things are coming along okay. My understanding of the WSLGL method is much better than what my body can do, so it's catch up time for me. Plus my training partner spent a couple of weeks in LA recently and can now feed me my lunch if I'm not careful at all times. He came back totally different and with lots of structure and knowledge it was unreal.

We may be gettin together with a ex golden gloves boxer and another guy that is a purple or blue belt in BJJ soon to trade some knowledge and train. I'm lookin forward to it as it is always cool to share and learn things at the same time. I'll update you all when that happens.

Thanks again guys, it is much appreciated.

James

Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
    My understanding of the WSLGL method is much better than what my body can do, so it's catch up time for me. Plus my training partner spent a couple of weeks in LA recently and can now feed me my lunch if I'm not careful at all times. He came back totally different and with lots of structure and knowledge it was unreal.

We may be gettin together with a ex golden gloves boxer and another guy that is a purple or blue belt in BJJ soon to trade some knowledge and train. I'm lookin forward to it as it is always cool to share and learn things at the same time. I'll update you all when that happens.
    This all sounds so awesome.......

It's always great to have quality people in your primary art(s), as well as other arts to help your training move forward.

-Andrew Nerlich

This all sounds so awesome.......

It's always great to have quality people in your primary art(s), as well as other arts to help your training move forward.
    Well apparently the local MMA club is doing very well with the popularity of TUF on spike TV. They did two articles in the local newspapers profiling the instructor and his school. They are associated with Royler Gracie, and he was up here recently for a seminar and had nothing but great things to say about the club. They compete regularly with their guys winning in some cases. I would really love to try it out honestly, but right now the time is just not there. With work, family stuff's and personal training at the gym and with the VT, time is precious, so I put it where the priorities lye. So if the opportunity comes around that one of them can come down to us I will grab at it. Plus playing with a good boxer can only be fun, right guys... I'll have to stock up on the advil for after though. Maybe I can get some clips when it happens and post them up.

James

james,

happy b'day dude, have a good one

and man if you got a regular thing going working your material with a partner thow in some time with some boxers and bjj guys your **** is gonna take off big time !!

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see ya soon!

Hey James,
    Happy Birthday!
    Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I've been out of circulation lately, but I'm pleased to see that I'm not too late to wish you all the best.

Cheers,
    Bill
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Thanks guys. It is very much appreciated.

Hey Jon, I'm lookin forward to the opportunity to getting together with the guys from the other clubs, it should be fun while at the same time a learning experience for all involved.

J

ChangHFY Guest
    Happy birthday sihing,

I hope your birthday was awesome!

take care,
    zach

James,

You're in good company. I just realize that David Peterson, Bruce Lee, and I all have our birthdays celebrated just a few days after yours. I do believe that all Sagittarius are natural WCneers.