Thread: Southern Short in Fort Worth, Texas

Southern Short in Fort Worth, Texas

I've already talked with a few of you privately and i know there are more out there who lurk.

in a nutshell, i love boxing but i miss kung fu.

i'm looking for a southern short style that's not wing chun in the fort worth area of texas (including dallas, arlington, irving, etc).
    i understand that there are no established non-wing chun southern short schools up this way.
    anybody know of anybody who trains (sifu or not)?

fyi- houston's a good 4+ hour drive from here and is the equivalent of a NYC person trying to study in Baltimore. Even Dallas and plano are over an hour drive each.

anyway, thanks in advance
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

i'll be in HK by friday, and if i can come up with anyone who teaches anything Hakka in Texas, i'll let you know!
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

sweetness

you're awesome, thanks
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Hmmm......its been awhile since I've been in the Dallas area, so bear with me in terms of distance and directions here. Have you by chance maybe checked out that little chinatown shopping center area in Richardson (I think it was??) where the Hong Kong Market Place is? I know or coulda swore I saw a bulletin board with all kinds of private services, and I suppose maybe its possible someone might be teaching privately and put a card or ad up?

Richardson's about an hour away, but next time i'm down that way i'll check out that bulletin board. i'm assuming you mean near the Mei Hua supermarket? Or maybe that bubble tea house?

Umm.....well, like yeah, wherever this place is:

http://www.hkmkt.com/location.html

I remember it being in a shopping center and I think there was a small little strip mall off to the side with the bubble tea store and some other stores. The mei hua supermarket doesn't ring a bell, but i'm sure its near the area too.

Hope this helps and good luck on your search.

I'm only 2.5 hours North of you if you ever want to mix it up sometime.