Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Monkey Kung Fu Styles

1. Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Ginosifu and monkeykingusa, is your style just a combination of shaolin kung fu, seven star mantis, and fu jow pai? I got this impression from the description of the angry monkey video series on Ginosifus site. However, Monkey king Usa's description sounds like there may be more to the style than just aspects of those three arts. Thanks in advance.
    Phantom,
    Yes, there is also southern Monkey kung fu. I have seen a tape of Patrick Hodges performing a set from it.

Ginosifu, Gino Belfiore, is one of my students who teaches in Richmond Heights, Ohio. No, Seven Star Mantis and Fu Jow Pai have nothing to do with our style. Since, we have only the three monkey sets in our style, Gino felt that the other sets would be good forms for someone with no Chinese martial arts training to learn before beginning Monkey style. Though we are now removing these sets and updating his curriculum. However, his webpage has not been updated yet.
    Btw, Gino is an excellent martial artist with about 80-100 students at his school. Read his bio page to see his many accomplishments!

Hello,

Master Chow Keung's HK student has uploaded another video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkcoHgszlro

This one is "Lin Wan Jerng" or Continuos Palm, I am almost certain it is a Pek Kwar form... Hope you enjoy...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Sow Choy View Post
    Hello,

This one is "Lin Wan Jerng" or Continuos Palm, I am almost certain it is a Pek Kwar form... Hope you enjoy...

Joe
    Yes it is. I have seen two forms in that form.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sow Choy View Post
    Hello,

Joe
    Joe,
    Is this the same form that is featured in one of Chan Kai Leung's Pek Kwar videotapes?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    Joe,
    Is this the same form that is featured in one of Chan Kai Leung's Pek Kwar videotapes?
    No it isn't.

Thumbs up Great video Sow Choy!

Chow Keung demos are always a great watch. He has excellent Jing.

Hey that was very nice how old is that Sifu??? The moves look similar to some of the moves that are in my forms. I'd have to say he was doing more Peck gwa than monkey suff.

But what do I know Rich is the leading authority on Di Sing.

Yeah, that was a Pek Kwar form. It looks like two Pek Kwar forms mixed. It could just be the fact that I just don't know the form he is doing.

FM I don't understand isn't this guy in your Sifu's camp???

Master Chow Keung just turned 60... he is fricken awesome... and he can fight...

he is great with weapons and knows how to use the techniques... we spent alot of time developing spear, in a way similar to fencing... was incredible...

The form is not mixed... it is Pek Kwar Lin Wan Jerng, Pek Kwar Continuos Fist... the reason I am sure is I was there and asked him... And was like when you gonna teach me that one... lol...

Really the guy is right out of a shaw bros movie... he has flawless form and can back it all up... almost like pulling a chinese soldier from the old days out of a time machine... he also served in the vietnamese war, in the viet army who was our allies...

Also he is one of the Monkey Kings Champion fighters that took on the Thai boxers back in the 70's... His shins, arms, ribs and even face can take strong hits... He has showed us their version of Ngan Gong or conditioning training... Sick...

If any of you have the chance to train with him or the Monkey King... take it... Great people, great skill...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    FM I don't understand isn't this guy in your Sifu's camp???
    Yes, he is, but I don't know all of the forms and variations. For example, my Pek Kwar I & II are slightly different than what they teach at the Vancouver school.

Master Chow Keung just turned 60... he is fricken awesome... and he can fight...

he is great with weapons and knows how to use the techniques... we spent alot of time developing spear, in a way similar to fencing... was incredible...

The form is not mixed... it is Pek Kwar Lin Wan Jerng, Pek Kwar Continuos Fist... the reason I am sure is I was there and asked him... And was like when you gonna teach me that one... lol...

Really the guy is right out of a shaw bros movie... he has flawless form and can back it all up... almost like pulling a chinese soldier from the old days out of a time machine... he also served in the vietnamese war, in the viet army who was our allies...

Also he is one of the Monkey Kings Champion fighters that took on the Thai boxers back in the 70's... His shins, arms, ribs and even face can take strong hits... He has showed us their version of Ngan Gong or conditioning training... Sick...

If any of you have the chance to train with him or the Monkey King... take it... Great people, great skill...

Joe
    yes I agree he is ausome an at the age of 60 he moves a lot better than a 20 year old.

MonkeyKingUSA

Who are your sifu and sigung?

Joe
    Interesting info on a great martial artist Sow Choy. I think we should make a "stories" thread for the Tai Shing Pek War guys.

15. Does anyone know how many Tai Shing Pek Kwar instructors there are in the world currently? Is the Vancouver school still open? I have been unable to find current information on a school there.