Why are you ignoring this question?

Chan Sifu is still in Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    Why are you ignoring this question?

and you are................?

4. Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Exactly! Thanks for the support!
    Flying Monkey sent me several PMs asking me to post info on the style I practice. I was reticent to do this because of the nature of some of his posts I had read here. Still, I posted a generous amount of information on our style. I specifically said what I would not post. He has ignored my desire for privacy. I have no desire to post my personal information, nor the personal information of my instructors on an open forum.
    I have seen far too many flame wars at this website. I don't care to be a part of any.
    When I began martial arts back in the late 60's people were respectful. You didn't pester instructors for information they were unwilling to give. You didn't pester your elders either. We worked on a basis of common courtesy.
    I know instructors from three other lineages of Monkey style who will not post on this forum for the same reason I give little information.
    If you look at the people who are pestering me for information you will see they do not give their name, current location, or any personal information. So why should I give personal information????
    I need no one at this site's blessing or approval for what I teach or how I learned. Only my students have a right to this knowledge.
    Last edited by MonkeyKingUSA; 12-03-2006 at 11:21 AM.

MonkeykingUSA and Abel

I am Richard Morris. I am 30. My style is TSPK. I currently live in Osaka Japan. I am an English teacher. My teacher's are Sigung Chan Sau Chung and Sifu Chan Kai Leung. I going on my seventh year of being in TSPK. Before TSPK, I studied other monkey styles. However, they seemed incomplete or made-up. I also studied a little Tang soo do, TKD, and other Kung fu styles.

I didn't ask for credit card info. I only asked for your teachers name. Now, I am the bad guy for asking a question.

Now it is your turn.

Too little , too late. So we are supposed to jump because you ask? BS on that noise.

Who died and made you the Monkey lineage nazi?

Wow, now I know your name and how little you actually know. Now I care even less to answer you.

So the answer is, "and you are.........?" Nobody special.

What is wrong with inquiring about lineage?

8. Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    What is wrong with inquiring about lineage?
    The Xia,
    There is nothing wrong with asking about lineage. However, if someone says that it is a private matter. It should be left at that.
    In the past I have freely given out that type of information on the Net. Past instructors and their families did not like being pestered by strangers who wanted to "verify" my information. Now only my students get this information.
    As I tell my children, "If someone has not sat in our home and eaten at our table, they are a stranger".

Richard,
    Thank you for the information! My name is Richard A. Tolson. I have been in MA for 38 years, and Monkey style for about 30 years. I have had the priviledge of studying three styles of Monkey. Nu Hou Quan is the style I have chosen to teach.
    Oh, and I work in the medical profession.

BTW, this will be my last post in this thread. Those who are interested in talking about or comparing Monkey techniques or theories can PM me.
    Regards,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Too little , too late. So we are supposed to jump because you ask? BS on that noise.

Who died and made you the Monkey lineage nazi?

Wow, now I know your name and how little you actually know. Now I care even less to answer you.

So the answer is, "and you are.........?" Nobody special.
    You are the biggest d!ck on this forum. When MonkeykingUSA shared his monkey history, what negative thing did I write? I did not write a thing. I just asked who his teachers were. When many others and I asked you about your style, we get a smartass answer or no answer at all.

The "I know but I am not telling is played out, Abel."

It is a thread about monkey styles. You claim to know it, so why don't you share?

You are the biggest d!ck on this forum.
    No, I think you have me beat on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    The Xia,
    There is nothing wrong with asking about lineage. However, if someone says that it is a private matter. It should be left at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel
    Exactly! Thanks for the support!
    Flying Monkey sent me several PMs asking me to post info on the style I practice. I was reticent to do this because of the nature of some of his posts I had read here. Still, I posted a generous amount of information on our style. I specifically said what I would not post. He has ignored my desire for privacy. I have no desire to post my personal information, nor the personal information of my instructors on an open forum.
    Apparently, english teachers in other countries aren't required reading comprehension and retention to earn a degree.

You are NOBODY to press anyone here for information. As far I'm concerned you are an upstart student of a student of a student that thinks WAY too highly of himself.

The previous thread may be gone, but that doesn't erase memory. You've already called what I do " video store" monkey". So I have even less interest in indulging your petty whims.

To borrow from todays crime vernacular, you are no longer a "person of interest". I couldn't care less if you knew who I was or what I practiced. Just as I, and quite a few others, don't care who you are and what you have to say.

Since day one you've come on here with a cock of the walk attitude. Frankly, its pathetic.

Have a nice day, buh bye. Don't let the cyber door hit you on the cyber ass on the way out.

Mocca-mocca su su Ama!

Kuso shinezo!

( a few choice words from our friends at http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/index.htm) NSFW!!!!
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 12-03-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    No, I think you have me beat on that one.

Apparently, english teachers in other countries aren't required reading comprehension and retention to earn a degree.

You are NOBODY to press anyone here for information. As far I'm concerned you are an upstart student of a student of a student that thinks WAY too highly of himself.

The previous thread may be gone, but that doesn't erase memory. You've already called what I do " video store" monkey". So I have even less interest in indulging your petty whims.

To borrow from todays crime vernacular, you are no longer a "person of interest". I couldn't care less if you knew who I was or what I practiced. Just as I, and quite a few others, don't care who you are and what you have to say.

Since day one you've come on here with a cock of the walk attitude. Frankly, its pathetic.

Have a nice day, buh bye. Don't let the cyber door hit you on the cyber ass on the way out.

Mocca-mocca su su Ama!

Kuso shinezo!

( a few choice words from our friends at http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/index.htm) NSFW!!!!
    It is funny you feel that way. Years ago, I pm you a you told me you like stirring up trouble. I just have a passion for my style.

**** of the walk? Show me the post. If you were refering to the old monkey thread, I was just stating my experience in monkey kung fu as a whole. If you felt I was mistaken. You could have stated examples. There are many post where you are being a C0CK. All one has to do is look at any debate you had with Knife or Ross. Many times, what you write doesn't make sense.

As for MonkeykingUSA, he is choosing not to tell us where he learned monkey. Did I write that he is a fake because of that? No. I just think it is strange. If I walk into a school and ask "where did you learn this" or "Who was you teacher?" And the person said that it was a secret. Warning lights would go up. You know if it was a different situation you would agree.

No. I just think it is strange. If I walk into a school and ask "where did you learn this" or "Who was you teacher?" And the person said that it was a secret. Warning lights would go up. You know if it was a different situation you would agree.
    Yes, if I went into a school.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Internet questions do not equal a school.

Wow. Uhmmm did you miss this part?

In the past I have freely given out that type of information on the Net. Past instructors and their families did not like being pestered by strangers who wanted to "verify" my information. Now only my students get this information.
    He explains why he doesn't give info on the net. I don't understand the problem.

I find it interesting that no one in boxing, wrestling, BJJ, judo, etc minds telling you who their coach was.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Quote Originally Posted by godzillakungfu View Post
    Yes, if I went into a school.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Internet questions do not equal a school.

Wow. Uhmmm did you miss this part?

He explains why he doesn't give info on the net. I don't understand the problem.
    No. I did not miss that part. Asking who taught you is not trying to verify his kung fu. You forgot that this is a forum to share. It can also be for getting to know someone. A lot of kung fu cats wear their sifu's name like a badge of honor. It seems strange to hide "who" taught you or where you learned something.

No. I did not miss that part. Asking who taught you is not trying to verify his kung fu. You forgot that this is a forum to share. It can also be for getting to know someone. A lot of kung fu cats wear their sifu's name like a badge of honor. It seems strange to hide "who" taught you or where you learned something.
    I forget nothing. There is no rule that you must share information.
    You add more to this forum than is necessary.

It is a discussion forum nothing more nothing less. People choose to share and they choose what they share.

I asked Sifu Abel where he learned his monkey. He gave me a smart alec answer "my teacher."

Cool I just leave his lineage alone.

Others I have asked have been forth coming.

If he had a bad run in with internet people, it is silly to give out information.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise. He did give his full name which, goes a long way in my book.