Thread: Anniversary Celebration in Brazil

Anniversary Celebration in Brazil

Dear Mr. and Ms.,

Brendan Lai Gongfu Institute from Brazil completed 7 years of continuous activities. We will have a family party in close december with Lion Dance and Gongfu Demo and all of you here are welcome.

Short history: Ph. D. Brendan Lai came to Brazil in 1999, 2000 and 2001 and he was unique graduated disciple from late Wong Hun Fun Sigung to teach in Brazil. It is good to share that what Lai Sifu taught in Brazil is an opportunity for hundred people to have an idea from how complex and interesting is Northern Praying Mantis and that we need a whole life of training to feel a little from this system.

Thanks for my senior classmates from US in special Master Tony Chuy and his students from Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute, NY, for teach me and help Brazil to get a piece of their own experience in Northern Mantis foundation.

For my Sifu, thanks for teaching about life, respect, courtesy and mantis and this 7 years are just the start for a life...

Best wishes,

Samuel Mendonça
    Last edited by Brazil Mantis; 11-22-2006 at 10:42 AM. Reason: I forgot to sign
    黎達沖巴西北螳螂武術學院
    Samuel Mendonça - Chief Instructor
    Brendan Lai Gungfu Institute - Brazil
    www.brendanlai.com

Congratulations Samuel. Long life to you and your school!

BT

Thanks a lot, Mr. Tunks! I wish same thing for you and your school in Australia!

Regards,
    Samuel Mendonça
    黎達沖巴西北螳螂武術學院
    www.brendanlai.com

Perhaps some day I will get the luxury of travelling to Brazil to meet Mantis players such as yourself, but until then I wish you the very best of luck with your school and teachings. Glad to see Lai Laoshi represented in so many different countries!

Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Dear Mr. Jake,

thank you very much for your message. You are welcome in my country in any time. Brazil is a tropical country and right now we start summer time... It is really good for training and my teacher got a very good time here and all my students and myself are grateful for his teachings.

Best wishes,
    Samuel Mendonça
    黎達沖巴西北螳螂武術學院
    www.brendanlai.com

Best Wishes!

Dear Sisook Samuel Mendonça,

On behalf of Tony Chuy's Martial Arts Student Association, Congratulations on your 7th Anniversary celebration. It is great to hear you are continuing to spread the teachings of late Sigung Brendan Lai in Brazil. May you have many more years of success!

Sincerely,

Vance Young
    Last edited by Young Mantis; 11-28-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    朱 超 然 螳 螂 武 術 學 院
    Tony Chuy's Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute
    http://www.northernmantis.com

Congratulations!

Samuel,

Very happy to hear of your celebration!
    Be true to the art, never forget why it was created.

Best wishes for a long future,
    ~Roy Baker
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Dear Mr. Michael Dasargo and Mr. Roy Bake,

thank you very much for your message.

Best regards,
    Samuel Mendonça
    黎達沖巴西北螳螂武術學院
    www.brendanlai.com

Dear Vance Young,

please send my greetings for all students from Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute in special for the Tony Chuy's Martial Arts Student Association for help my skills when I visit your kwoon for training, in special your Sifu... I hope you will be able to come to Brazil soon.

All the best,
    Samuel Mendonça
    黎達沖巴西北螳螂武術學院
    www.brendanlai.com

Brazil

Best wishes I have alot of respect for your lineage.
    I am posting late due to my tight schedule (i have little time to come here).
    I am sure that (if heaven permits me life) i will get to Brasil someday soon.
    There are tournaments there my Master has brought to my attention. I am all for the perfect weather you have and from what i here, some of the most beautiful scenic views in the world.

James M Rodgers II

Mr. James M Rodgers II

thanks for your message and I understand when you say that come over here not often as myself. I am sure you will find a way to come to my country and you will enjoy. What competition did you mention about in Brazil and I am sorry for ask about who is your Master? Does he use to come to Brazil for a tournament or just listen about in US?

Best regards,
    Samuel Mendonça

Hello again

Well My Master's Name Is Yang Xiao Dong (Tony Yang) you can see him at www.wutangcenter.com. i have not had the chance to talk about the tournaments in depth (due to finals week in the university) but perhaps my elder Gung fu brother who reads the forum on occasion will be of help. if not i plan to see my Master as soon as my School semester is over

James