Thread: HFY Wing Chun updates

HFY Wing Chun updates

Massage from Allen Kong

In the year 2007, the World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association will be conducting public workshops and training sessions domestically in Arizona, Ohio, Texas, and New York. The annual workshop at the World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association Headquarters in San Francisco, California will again be in March. The World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association will also be conducting public workshops and training sessions internationally for the first time, in Brazil and Ireland. For those interested in public workshops, private training sessions, etc. can contact me directly.
    In the next few weeks, Grandmaster Garrett Gee will be taking his annual trip to Hong Kong/China. During his stay, one of GM Gee’s main goals is to continue to promote Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kuen through different resources. In the past, martial artists from Hong Kong/China had visited the Hung Fa Kwoon (headquarters) in San Francisco. They inquired about the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kuen lineage and had requested that Grandmaster Gee bring the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kuen back to that region of the world. Grandmaster Gee is dedicated to preserving the art of Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kuen for the future generations. GM Gee’s plans are to travel to Hong Kong/China twice a year to further promote Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kuen, with the possibility of expanding and opening Hung Fa Yi Clubs in that region. For those in the Hong Kong/China region that wishes to obtain more information regarding holding workshops, special training sessions, etc., you can contact me directly with the information provided below.

Allen Kong

Director - Hung Fa Kwoons
    219 Monterey Blvd.
    San Francisco, California 94131 USA
    (415) 589-2898

HungFaYi@aol.com
    HungFaKwoon@aol.com
    www.HungFaKwoon.com
    World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association Kwoons
    http://www.hungfayiireland.com/24html.

p.s. For those martial artists who trained under Hakka Kueng Hung Suen (HFY) Lineage during the period, 1965-1970, you can contact me directly to obtain more information.

HFY-Vice

Allen

What is Hakka Kueng Hung Suen (HFY) is this a branch of Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun ?

ChangHFY Guest
    Hey Firehawk,

Check out this link from Meng Sigung.

http://www.hfy108.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=1947

This is a quote from Master Benny Meng from the HFY 108 thread.

Based on what I know from Grandmaster Gee. There are many students that study under Dr. Wong Ming. Some in Martial Arts, some in Qigong, some in Buddhism. But there are only four that are considered disciples under Dr. Wong Ming. Two of them are Buddhist disciples and two of them are Hung Fa Yi disciples. The two Hung Fa Yi disciples are Hakka Keung and Grandmaster Garrett Gee. Hakka Keung is a lot older than Grandmaster Gee, and is known that he has a large group of followers that study under him in Hong Kong. But most of the practitioners study Martial Arts for self protection. And not being a disciple they probably did not study the deeper theories of Hung Fa Yi. Hung Fa Yi the name itself is not an openly used name. Most people that study under Hakka Keung use the name Hung Suen rather than the name Hung Fa Yi. Grandmaster Gee was the first Hung Fa Yi disciple that brought the name out to the public. Hung Fa Yi is a complete and very sophisticated system. There are many layers in learning, and the purpose and methods of teaching is based on the students needs. For example if Hakka Keung only wanted to teach people how to defend themselves he would only have to show them techniques and mechanics but not the theories. So those students can fight with the system but are not necessarily able to preserve the system for future generations. I could be wrong but based on what I know there are only two people that have the complete inner knowledge of the Hung Fa Yi system in reference to the 8th generation practitioners. There are many students in that generation, but only two disciples. Coming from the revolutionary boxer societies, Hung Fa Yi has always had a large number of practitioners for each generation. Just because the public is not aware of it doesn't mean that there are only a few people that practise it.

Grandmaster Gee brought the system ( not only San Sau ) out to the public in the U.S. as I believe it would be a matter of time before we met up with some of our Kung Fu family within Hong Kong and China.

Master Meng

ChangHFY Guest
    Hey Firehawk,

Also Ive heard that Hakka Keung's nickname on the street was the bone crusher.
    This should testify to his skills as a Hung Fa Yi practitoner and a Martial Artist in general.

p.s. I wish I had a cool nickname like that.

take care,
    zach