Thread: "Heavy Handedness"

1. "Heavy Handedness"

I will put forth this question to my Sifu next class, as he had pointed this out, and some others in class have mentioned it, is there anything i can do aside from regular drills and practice to get more of a "light feel" ? I know the first step is to relax, as alot of the times i am pretty tense...
    thoughts?
    Suggestions?
    Drink Orders???
    martial arts and music share the same principles, both wrestle with complex chords and rare melodies.
    http://www.myspace.com/punkrockmantis

Talking

A young man was in Manattan for a concert at Carnagie Hall, but he had never been there before and got terribly lost and ended up in Chinatown.

He wandered in to a martial arts school, and there was Chen Zhenglei himself. "Sir," the young man asked Master Chen,"could you tell me how to get to Carnagie Hall?"

"Practice, young man, practice."
    Only love can break your heart, but one good hidden fist can cave your chest in.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Cheng-Sifu-one of the old guys in the park, taught me this-when you play toi-sao, just touch the hairs on your opponent's arms, or for lack of a better term, his aura. Have him "lead you" much the way someone leads a woman when dancing. Move all around and stay with him. This is what was shown to me and it seems to have worked.