Thread: An Award!

An Award!

The World Ving Tsun Association has awarded Sifu Gary Lam with "Sifu of the Year" for 2006. I for one would like to congratulate Sifu on his receiving of this award and would wholeheartedly like to state that I think he more than deserves the title. He is a true teacher of the Martial Arts and we in the WC/VT community should be thankful for that he chooses to share his knowledge with all of us on this great continent.

http://www.vingtsun.cc/ (look under the Hall of Fame section)

James

Oh No !
    he might make me call him Sifu now ! AHHHHHH
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

me think thou protest too much, Sifu Barrios.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    me think thou protest too much, Sifu Barrios.
    Me thinks Paul will soon be meeting with ''Knuckles 2 DA Grill''

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Be nice or I'll tell Sifu on you!

Would you two fellas behave, please? Oh, and do be sure to pass on my CONGRATULATIONS to Sifu Lam - it's about time that he was recognised in such a way for the outstanding contribution that he has made to the Wing Chun Family and for preserving the Wong Shun Leung Legacy
    DMP

I think Ernie would look fabulous in a pair of silk pyjamas and a bobble hat!

Hey thats great. Well done to Gary.

I was taught by the Sifu of the year, this year

i just wanna know how many airmiles gary's picked up this year.......
    well done sifu lam, thanks again for the uk seminar

CFT I think Ernie would look fabulous in a pair of silk pyjamas and a bobble hat!

E-Not even on holloween ! No pretend shaw bros silk suit dressing up here
    unless all my Adidas suits count

mad101dan Hey thats great. Well done to Gary.

I was taught by the Sifu of the year, this year

E- Shhhh dont tell him it might go to his head

Dan_chi_sau i just wanna know how many airmiles gary's picked up this year.......
    well done sifu lam, thanks again for the uk seminar

E- dude wait till next year ! he is so booked he might be tossing things my way just to fit it all in ! [ so far Canada , a few in Germany , Holland , Greece .maybe UK and talk in Peru ]

Not to mention the flood of live in guys coming from around the world tp stay and train with him , he goes to pick them up and drop them off from the airport ,,he will be living in the airport haha

David Peterson Would you two fellas behave, please? Oh, and do be sure to pass on my CONGRATULATIONS to Sifu Lam - it's about time that he was recognised in such a way for the outstanding contribution that he has made to the Wing Chun Family and for preserving the Wong Shun Leung Legacy
    DMP

E- David I nominate you for next year be well brother we have allot of work to do yet

Monterey Park, CA

November 29, 2006

On behalf of the WORLD VING TSUN ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION, Sifu Gary Lam was awarded Sifu of the Year 2006 and received an award for the World Ving Tsun Athletic Association Hall of Fame for his contributions to Wing Chun/Ving Tsun. The award was presented by Robert Chu, WVTAA Vice President - USA, Founding Member and Life Member.

Lam Sifu was very happy to receive this honor and sees Ving Tsun/Wing Chun as one big family. He stated that everyone loves Ving Tsun/Wing Chun and we should all work together and research the system together and that no one is best! His intent is that we should all work together for the best of Ving Tsun/Wing Chun.

Lam Sifu was presented this award for his numerous DVD's instructing on various aspects of Ving Tsun/Wing Chun which are available at his website at: www.garylamwingchun.com. His approach to the Ving Tsun is that of a simple and practical system.

Master Lam would be happy to meet Darrell Jordan and other WORLD VING TSUN ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION members and looks forward to working and researching with them in the future.

"Even though we may have different Sifu, we all share the same intention and love for this art" say Master Lam.

About the: WORLD VING TSUN ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION Be it announced that World Ving Tsun Athletic Association, (WVTAA) has been established in order to propagate the scientific-based martial art of Ving Tsun. The means by which WVTAA intends to do this is through seminars and teaching activities, Internet promotions, on line learning, video/DVD recordings, and aggressive expansion of its instructor certification program. FURTHER, be it resolved that WVTAA shall recruit members as feasible for the pursuance of its mission above and shall continue with regular and systematic training of Ving Tsun.

More information is available at http://darrelljordan.moyyat.com/index.html

Robert Chu, L.Ac., QME, PhD

Congratulations to Gary on a well deserved award
    It's time to turn it on! This is what i train for, this is where i want to be. Fear is not an option it's time to release the rage!