Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: internet, website question

internet, website question

So last year, when the hurricanes hit, my site went down. After a time the hosts main site came back up (Paramountwebhost I think), and I kept e-mialing them about my site. I never got a response, even when I offred to pay them.

Now, if I go to my old URL I get this

www.royaldragonusa.net

I tried e-mailing THEM, and I still get no response.

Does anyone know how to get my URL back?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Did you register that domain name? Did you fail to renew it?

Domain Name: ROYALDRAGONUSA.NET
    Registrar: DOMAIN ROUGE INC
    Whois Server: whois.domainrouge.com
    Referral URL: http://www.domainrouge.com
    Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Updated Date: 21-nov-2006
    Creation Date: 22-aug-2006
    Expiration Date: 22-aug-2007

Looks like someone grabbed the name on 8/22/06. Looks like you'll have to make them an offer to get it back unless they don't renew it next year.

Your site is probably still hosted at Paramountwebhost but you lost the domain name to someone else. I see royaldragonusa.com is available. Register that one and point it to your website.

Oops, looks like PARAMOUNTWEBHOST.NET is down and out. Hope you have a backup copy of your website.

Find another host and register royaldragonusa.com.

Paramountweb host does not return my e-mials either.

When the site went down, the name was still mine. The registration was comming due soon, but I was never able to do it because they were not responding to me.

Thier phone number is down, and i really don't know how to re register the name without the hosts help.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Well unfortunately it's gone now as you can see. Go to Network Solutions (or GoDaddy, whatever) and register the royaldragonusa.com and leave it parked there until you find a new host for your website.

I suggest you set it up for auto-renewal with a credit card so you don't lose it in the future.

I guess we posted at the same time.

I have copies of the pages, BUT I want to redo the site anyway.

Paramount never contacted me to say they were out of buisness or anything. just one day there was no access to my site, and no response from them.

I noticed they got it in 06? The site went down about a year prior (Whenever the hurricanes hit New orleans). I was due to re register the domain a few months after, and never knew how to do it.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Best to register with Network Solutions or another big name registrar that will be around for awhile. You can host the site there or anywhere.

Yes, thanks, That is a good idea.

I was poking aorund that site you linked to above. Minimum bid on my old URL is $200.00

Isn't that sick?

For the Women:

+ = & a

rd-

registering a domain is easy and you can get pretty cheap hosting services that are reliable.

to register a domain, visit a registrar, it's really a 1,2,3 step process to get your domain registered.

start with www.register.com

if you like, they will also provide cheap cheap hosting seervices for you. If you want to add a bulliten board with a backend then the prices ramp up accordingly.

if you want a decent cheap hosting service, here's a couple of very reasonable ones:

www.addr.com

and

www.doteasy.com

doteasy will give you a free 100 meg hosting solution and register your domain for you. I believe it will cost you 25 bucks a year at this time.

In all seriousness, it's not hard to do, just make sure you read the stuff so you can wrap your head around it.

addr.com has an online 24/7 support service.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Just get a frikkin' myspace. It's like the KFM forum and match.com all rolled into one. And it's free.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

I use omnis.com to host my sites. $8.95/month, or $89.00/year if you pay in advance. 15GB storage.

Also,
    There are lots of domain name scams. That page attached to your domain looks like a generic set of content fed to that domain. The owners may have had some reason to believe you may want it back one day and thus hijacked it. Its not the kind of domain most squatters would be after.

Also, different registrars try to scam your domain into their management by sending you offers to renew your domain, sometimes years out before they expire. The idea being some bean counter makes an executive decision without knowledge of the service and sends out a cheque.

Just find a one-stop-shop where you can host your site and maintain your domain, and ignore all the emails from other shops trying to get you to renew through them.

So it may be avalaible?

See, I did all that through Paramount, till they went under. It was nice, I had a good host, cheap. I even had the ability to host my forums there. I had planned to use "Anyboard" for the forums, but I never got around to installing the software. I do have several forums on Anyboard's servers though (Still active). All my emoticons, and backgrounds and stuff were on my site, and when it went down, my forums became a bit crippled.

For the Women:

+ = & a

rd-

get a doteasy account and you can run a phpbb off of it.

that would let you have a forum that is easily as nice or even better than this one if you take the time and energy to add to it.

if that's important to you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Anyboard is comparable to this forum. It's ultra configurable, so I could run it like this one, or a simple as an old wwwboard BBS.

For the Women:

+ = & a