Thread: Zhang Ziyi

Zhang Ziyi

While she's mentioned on several threads, which at some point should be hyperlinked into this thread, she doesn't have one devoted just to her. And this is a bad way to start, but I couldn't find another thread that fit well.

Updated Wednesday, May 30, 2012 0:17 am TWN, The China Post news staff
    Zhang Ziyi denies alleged interactions with Bo Xilai
    In this April 23 file photo, Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi (章子怡) poses during the red carpet event for the 2nd Beijing International Film Festival. Zhang yesterday denied sex scandal ...

The China Post news staff--Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi denied yesterday media reports that she had allegedly “interacted” with Bo Xilai, the former Communist Party boss of China's Chongqing City in exchange for “huge” monetary gifts.

Zhang, who is currently shooting a new film in southern China, said on her personal microblog that many people “can take wind as rain” using their imaginations.

Her statement was taken as a denial of the media allegations about the sex scandal.

U.S.-based Chinese-language news website Boxun, the Apple Daily published in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and other Chinese-language media reported that the 32-year-old actress slept with Bo at least 10 times between 2007 and 2011.

Zhang was allegedly under investigation by the Chinese government for being paid to have sex with Bo, who was removed from his powerful political position after coming under investigation after the incident involving Wang Lijung, a former Chongqing vice mayor. Wang allegedly “defected” to the U.S. Consulate in Chengdu City, of Sichuan province, in February.

The media reports said that Zhang and Bo were first introduced by Bo's associate, Xu Ming, 41, who is the founder and chairman of Dalian Shide Group when Bo was party boss in Dalian City.

Unconfirmed reports said that Xu confessed to paying Zhang 6 million Chinese yuan in 2007 to personally have sex with her for the first time.

Xu later negotiated a deal for Bo to have sex with Zhang for 10 million yuan.

The Chinese media reports estimated that Zhang's sexual transactions with various rich and powerful figures have netted her 700 million yuan over the last 10 years, including 180 million yuan in cash from Xu alone.

Her wealth accumulated from prostituting herself was not taxed mainly due to intervention from Xu and some senior Chinese government officials, said the reports.

In 2009, Zhang was accused of cheating a married businessman of a huge sum of money, with whom she was alleged to be sexually involved with, while still engaged to an Israeli billionaire.

The Chinese media also reported in April that wealthy businessman Xu introduced more than 100 women to Bo for sex and that the women included household-name celebrities
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

if she has/had a billionaire fiance...wtf does she need to have money for sex? story is SUSPECT!

And they say money can't buy happiness.

EX-fiance

There are a few more frolicking pix if you follow the link below.
    Frolicking on the beach with her billionaire ex-fiancé, Chinese actress at the centre of high-class prostitution scandal Zhang Ziyi
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 10:37 EST, 31 May 2012 | UPDATED: 10:53 EST, 31 May 2012

Actress Zhang Ziyi has vehemently denied extraordinary Chinese reports she warned £64million by prostituting herself to a string of powerful Chinese men.

During the period in question she was alleged to have slept with disgraced politician Bo Xilai, she was happily in a long-term relationship with Aviv 'Vivi' Nevo.

In these photos taken four years ago, the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon star, 33, is seen holidaying with her former fiancé in St Barts.

The actress is seen frolicking with her then-fiancé on a towel, with him fiddling with her bikini bottoms.

At one point, she removes her bikini top to avoid getting unsightly tan-lines.

While Vivi remains on his towel, Zhang goes into the water for a swim and is spotted doing some stretches on the sand.

The couple originally dated from 2007 until late 2010, but remained very private about their relationship.

They confirmed their engagement in 2008, but never made it down the aisle.

Happier times: Zhang removed her bikini top as she sunbathed on the beach with ex-fiancé Aviv 'Vivi' Nevo

Who wants tan-lines? Zhang relaxes on a towel topless in a bid to avoid tan-lines on her back

Nevo, now 47, is an Israeli-American venture capitalist, who is a major shareholder in Time Warner.

Several reports in China this week, alleged Zhang had earned millions by sleeping with wealthy businessmen, including Bo Xilai, who was ousted from China’s powerful politburo amid allegations he and his wife were involved in the murder of Old Harrovian businessman Neil Heywood last November.

According to reports in China, she slept with Bo at least ten times between 2007 and 2011 in exchange for ‘huge’ monetary gifts. The secret trysts are alleged to have taken place in Beijing and to have netted the actress around £1million each time.

Flexible: Zhang showed off her skills as she did the splits on the beach

Super skinny: The 33-year-old looked content to work out on the beach in front of fellow holidaymakers

Zhang confirmed on Wednesday she had met with lawyers from Hong Kong law firm Haldanes and sent an official notice to Apple Daily following the allegations.

She said in a message of her Weibo page (the Chinese version of Twitter): 'I met with my lawyer in Hong Kong in the morning to discuss legal measures and just arrived in Hainan. The truth is bound to come to light. And since I have the support of my fans and the law, this will not be a lonely battle.'

Zhang was outraged when Apple Daily picked up on the story, which originated on Boxun.com, a Chinese-language site operated in the United States.

Loving the view: Zhang gazes out over the sea

Boxum alleged Zhang was introduced to Bo through a billionaire friend, Xu Ming, who is said to be worth £444million but is reportedly under investigation by the Beijing government over alleged corruption.

Mr Xu, 41, has reportedly claimed to authorities that he paid Zhang £600,000 to have sex with him for the first time in 2007 and that he later negotiated a deal for a similar liaison with Bo.

Following the reports, her publicist sent a lengthy statement to English-language newspaper TodayOnline reading: 'We read this outrageous report in the Apple Daily. It sent stone-cold chills down our spines and has left us with a feeling of deep sadness. Friends have advised us to release a short statement and not take this seriously.

'The more you argue, the more you will stir up. It would be better to step aside until people lose interest and the lies disappear. The innocent will always be innocent.

'We just want to help her get rid of this disturbance and seek justice. Then she will be able to shoot her films in peace and quiet and present you, her fans, with more and better films in return.'

Zhang is currently filming a new movie in southern China so missed her latest film première Dangerous Liaisons at the Cannes Film Festival.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Z is retiring from martial arts films

Wait....what? Where have I heard this before?

Zhang Ziyi Retiring From Martial Arts Films

Zhang Ziyi (章子怡), having been in the entertainment industry for 15 years, has already won multiple acting awards, attended the prestigious Oscars and made a household name for herself. In a recent interview, Zhang gives everyone a closer look at her inner world, revealing much more than a pretty face.

“While filming a fight scene for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon <臥虎藏龍>, I didn’t have much martial arts experience back then, so I didn’t know how to relax my muscles. As a result, I injured a tendon in my neck. Then while filming House of Flying Daggers <十面埋伏>, I was fighting with a heavy stick, but I used so much force on the stick that it flew backwards and knocked me out cold. When I woke up, all eyes were on me,” Ziyi recalled humorously.

“No matter how much the injuries hurt, I had to listen to the doctor’s orders in order to recover. I was afraid that I would suffer from permanent damage! If that happened, I don’t know how I will cope with that. It was finally after suffering from several injuries while filming The Grandmaster <一代宗師> that I decided to not to star in martial arts films anymore. It’s been 13 years since Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and it was the right time to close that chapter in my book.”

When asked how she deals with the pressure of being a public figure, whether it is to compare against another actress or the criticism of the general public, Ziyi said, “When I was still new in the industry, those words would really hurt me. I’ve cried behind closed doors and then realized that nobody will be able to help me no matter how much I cried. As long as you are still relevant in this industry, your every action will always be scrutinized, so you must be strong enough to face all the rumors and controversy. Before I would feel bad about it, but now, I just laugh it off because it can’t hurt me anymore.”

“There was a period of time where I was really afraid of facing the media, afraid of what they will write to hurt me. There were times where the things I said in an interview were taken entirely out of context. As a result, I’ve learned to protect myself. That’s also why I love to act in films, because I can be away for a long time and not deal with the media. But now, I have realized that the media makes their own assumptions of me because they don’t understand me. They only see me at press events and when I’m walking down the red carpet, so now I have a whole new appreciation for the media.”

Regarding her love life, Ziyi shared, “I was never the type of girl to fantasize about romance, but I do place great importance on love, and family will always be my priority. If I were to get married one day, I will share the happy news with the entire world. There’s no point in letting the public play a guessing game because it’s a joyous occasion.”

“My birthday this year happens to fall on Lunar New Year Eve. After attending some promotional events for The Grandmaster, I hope to spend my birthday with my family. It’s a Chinese tradition to enjoy a reunion dinner with family and play with some fireworks.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hello Ching sifu:

*bows deeply*

I thought I read somewhere she and Donnie Yen were going to be in the CTHD sequel? Perhaps it was Michelle Yeoh and not ZZY.

Very truly yours in the MA,

~sg

How many pure MA movies did Li do after he "retired" ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

After Fearless, Jet said he retired from making MA movies.

3 come to mind - not sure if it fits his definition or not, hence him making them:

The Forbidden Kingdom (with Jackie Chan)
    The Sorcerer and the White Snake
    Flying Swords of Dragon Gate

Guessing Expendables doesn't fall within his definition.

Z is preggers

Z redefines milf.

Zhang Ziyi is 7 months pregnant and weighs just 58 kg
    The 40-year-old actress showed off her baby bump for the first time at a film festival this week
    by Alex Linder October 30, 2019 in News

Superstar Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi caused a sensation this week after revealing that she is pregnant — something that would have been rather difficult to discern had she not told us.

On Weibo, Zhang posted a photo of herself in a black dress showing off her tiny baby bump, adding that she is actually now seven months pregnant and weighs a mere 58 kg (127 lbs), though she noted that she is “still growing.”

Rumors had been circulating that the 40-year-old star was pregnant again. Zhang had been staying out of the public eye of late before making an appearance this week as president of the jury at the 32nd Tokyo International Film Festival.

This will be Zhang’s second child with her husband, 48-year-old rocker Wang Feng. The two got married back in 2015. Earlier this year, it was revealed that Zhang’s parents strongly disapproved of the marriage and refused to even say Wang’s name for a time.

Wang also has two children with his second wife, whom he divorced in 2013 when one of their daughters was only 8 months old. That wife went on to accuse Wang of having numerous affairs.
    THREADS
    Z
    Asian Film Festivals
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Z is free...

Z...call me!

Chinese celebrity couple Wang Feng and Zhang Ziyi divorce after 8 years of marriage
    By ANNDREA A. WEBBER
    ENTERTAINMENT
    Monday, 23 Oct 2023

9:00 PM MYT

Chinese singer Wang Feng and actress Zhang Ziyi have divorced after eight years of marriage. Photo: Zhang Ziyi/Instagram

Chinese rock musician Wang Feng and actress Zhang Ziyi have divorced after eight years of marriage.

The news was announced by Wang, 52, and Zhang, 44, in a joint statement on Weibo earlier today (Oct 23).

According to the former celebrity couple, both parties had reached an agreement to dissolve their marriage amicably with “careful consideration”.

“We’ve shared a blissful marriage. In the past eight years, we’ve taken care of our family, raised our children and built a happy life filled with love.

“There’s no debate about right and wrong between us, and this separation doesn’t mean betrayal or disappointment. We are choosing a different method of living so that we can each grow on our own,” they said.

Wang and Zhang added in their statement that they will be co-parenting their children and that the love for their kids won’t diminish because of the divorce.

The pair also stated that they won’t be responding to the matter any further to protect their family.

Wang and Zhang tied the knot in May 2015. They have a seven-year-old daughter and three-year-old son together.

Wang has been married three times. He tied the knot with TV host Qi Dan in 2003 but divorced a year later.

In 2004, the singer dated Chinese model Ge Huijie – who was 17 at the time. They had a daughter in 2005 but later broke up as Ge felt that she was too young for a serious relationship.

His second marriage was to a woman named Kang Zuoru in 2007, but they divorced in 2013. They have a daughter together.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips