Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Van Damme!!!

Hybrid View

Exclamation Van Damme @ the Olympics!!!

So... according to Yahoo France as well as Allocine.com Action Hero Jean-Claude Van Damme will play Roman athlete Cornedurus in the third film version of the classic comic Asterix, titled "Asterix at the Olympic Games."

Gerard Depardieu is expected to return as Obelix & Alain Delon is playing Julius Ceasar.

DISCUSS . . .

that's SO WRONG!!!

Not because Van Damme is in Asterix...
    Not because Van Damme is co-starring with Gerard Depardieu
    Because he's co-starring with Ash.

If he gets Ash's first onscreen kiss, I'll have to commit seppuku...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ash is a girl i hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Oh come--ON you don't know who ASH is!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Design Sifu
    Oh come--ON you don't know who ASH is!?!?!?

dude, everyone knows who that ash is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Oh you don't know Asian cinema...

Bollywood is the largest movie industry in the world and it's reigning queen, considered by many to be the most beautiful woman in the world, a former Miss World, is named Aishwarya Rai.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Van Damme!!!

Spike TV today: Van Damme! it's Vandammme-tastic! Double Impact, Wake of Death. I'm in hog heaven! There is no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than watching $hitty Van Damme movies!!! I'm just a little sad that Bloodsport isn't on, but I guess you can't have everything....
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Craptastic!!

It's like one of those most horrible visions one can't look away from.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

actually, wake of death wasn't all that bad. i was even entertained in parts--maybe because jcvd wasn't trying to do splits, or flex, or super high spinning roundhouse kicks throughout the movie. but what's up with the lump on his forehead? does it have any movies out?
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Wake of Death is new (relatively?)? Been slacking on my JCVD lately...

Interesting you brought up the mountain on his forehead - I read somewhere that it's a cyst that he has decided to not do anything about for health reasons.

...or maybe that's his gimmick...
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

or maybe mt. van damme will be used as a secret kill move in a future movie--
    just as jcvd is getting his a$$ kicked, he reaches up, gives it a good squeeze, and a caustic stream of goop shoots into the badguy's eyes, blinding him and allowing jcvd to finish him off in slow motion with much groaning and eye bulging and flexing of muscles. (are you listening, hollywood?)

On the Muppets!

EXCLUSIVE: Ricky Gervais, Emily Blunt Sneak Into Muppets Movie
    6:33 PM 12/1/2010 by Borys Kit

Ricky Gervais and Emily Blunt are the latest high-profile celebrities to join the growing list of cameos in Disney’s new Muppets movie.

The duo are joining a lineup that includes such names as Alan Arkin, Jack Black, Billy Crystal, Zach Galifianakis and Jean-Claude Van Damme, all of whom have bit parts in the story which sees the Muppets reunite to put on a show in order to save their movie studio from a developer.

James Bobin is directing the pic, which is currently shooting in various locales around Los Angeles. Jason Segel, who wrote the script with Nicholas Stoller, is the human lead while Amy Adams, Chris Cooper and Rashida Jones are among the human actors in key roles.

The roles the duo are playing are being kept under wraps.

Gervais, repped by WME and United Agents, was last seen in Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonium.

Blunt, repped by CAA and Ken McReddie Associates, next appears in Gulliver’s Travels with Jack Black.
    Katy Perry would have been better. Or Somluck Kamsing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Katy Perry would have been better. Or Somluck Kamsing.
    Zach Galifianakis does not deserve to be with muppets.

I mean, he's funny in a " Hey, I'm a drugged up halfwit trying to get a BJ from a senior citizen in an elevator" kind of way, but he's not muppet material.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Green Ranger vs. JCVD

Jean-Claude Van Damme and Green Power Ranger Throw Down After Decades-Long Beef (VIDEO)
    The Blast staff
    November 5, 2017 at 11:18 am PST

In a scene that sounds more like a movie plot than reality, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Green Power Ranger/MMA fighter Jason David Frank got into a heated altercation at Comic Con on Saturday.

The two stars have had an ongoing beef since Van Damme and Frank exchanged words back in 1995 at the “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie” premiere. Frank tried to settle their score by publicly challenging JC to a fight in 2010, but nothing ever happened … until yesterday.

Here’s what went down:

Frank tells The Blast he was asked to share his green room with JC and his 20-person entourage at La Mole Comic Con in Mexico City. Despite their checkered past, Frank agreed.

Frank says he grew suspicious when Van Damme’s handler approached him and asked him to take a photo with Van Damme.

Thinking Van Damme might just want to bury the hatchet, Frank went to meet up with him in the green room.

That’s when the Power Ranger says he realized it was “all a setup.” Frank tells us JC approached him with cameras rolling and demanded Frank apologize for calling him out in 2010 and said if he wanted a fight, “Let’s throw down.”

You can see the aggression in the video as the two stars beef up on each other, waiting for someone to throw the first punch. Frank even name drops his buddy Chuck Zito, who legendarily KO’d Van Damme at a topless bar in the 90s.

Van Damme and Frank both agreed to an MMA-style brawl and the Power Ranger grabbed the action star and put him in a headlock against the wall.

It was over before it even started — Frank says Van Damme froze up, seemingly surprised Frank was actually trying to fight him.

We’re told they argued back and forth for a few more minutes and, eventually, security stepped in and broke it up.

It’s unclear if Van Damme plans on releasing his footage of the altercation.

No respect. JCVD is 14 years older than Jason David Frank. And no one remembers Frank except us. Follow the link for a vid.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wonder if JCVD will bother to comment

Jason David Frank Speaks Out On His Fight With Jean Claude Van Damme
    by Matthew Mueller | November 7, 2017

Jason David Frank had a run-in with one of his idols over the weekend, but it did not go like he hoped, and resulted in an impromptu fight. Now he's setting the record straight on what happened.

Frank was appearing at a comic con event in Mexico, an event that Jean Claude Van Damme was also appearing at. The two weren't best of friends before, and as Frank details what happened in their crazy altercation, the two won't be hanging out anytime soon.

"The promoter contacted me and asked if Jean Claude Van Damme could borrow my green room and share the room," Frank told FloCombat. "The first thing in my head was yeah, he's a big star, he doesn't need to ask. I don't hold a grudge. So I said yeah, I'll share it no big deal."

Frank actually challenged Van Damme to a fight years ago, but Van Damme never responded. "I never expected us to talk about old times or anything because it was so long ago and there was no response [about the fight]," Frank said. "I didn't even think he knew about it. So they asked me to use the room and no big deal."

Those old issues though would resurface after Frank returned from his Comic Con duties. After spending several hours sighing autographs and taking pictures, he returned to his room to find it blocked off completely, despite it being his room. The promoter for the event got Frank a different room until Van Damme and his entourage left, but right after things went downhill.

Someone from Van Damme's group asked if Frank could come and take a picture with him before they left. Frank had no issue with doing so, but once he got in the room things changed.

"All of his crew comes out and everybody has their cameras out and he has this professional camera, I'm not sure if he's shooting a reality show or what, but all the cameras are on and he comes out of the room and straight up to me and he goes 'hey you like writing articles about people, you want to beat my ass?" Frank said recounting the altercation. "You gonna apologize for that?' and I said nope. He goes 'you think you can still beat my ass?' and I said yeah."

The Fight

According to Frank, Van Damme pushed for a fight. "He said 'OK let's do it right now'. I mean I thought it was all a joke but his security was all filming this and I heard them talking in the back and it was clear that he was trying to punk me. Either make me look bad or throw a punch first," Frank said.

Frank obliged and clinched him up. "I clinched him up and pushed him back, not in a violent way, in a respectful way that if you want to do this, let's do this," Frank said. "The whole time everybody is filming me and no security people are coming but everybody in his entourage is filming. So I clinched up with him and put him against the wall and he's talking and he froze up and I raised my knee and said 'do you want to this?' and he doesn't do anything so I let go."

That did not deter Van Damme from still talking. "I backed away and he starts saying 'well be careful what you say, you never know what I'm gonna do'. So that's when it escalated and his security guy came in and broke it up," Frank said.

Frank is positive that the whole ordeal was staged to make him look bad, and according to Frank Van Damme got aggressive again after security got in the room.

"Security came and broke it up and that's when he starts saying 'f*** you' and I told him come on. Why don't you come in the cage or the ring? Why are you doing this at Comic Con?" Frank said. "And then his security is trying to get my phone to take away the footage."

There were plenty of cameras around, so there is footage of the altercation. "My point is if he has all the footage and it's gonna make him look really bad. It doesn't belong at Comic Con," Frank said. "It belongs in a ring or a cage. I'm not bitter but he's acting childish."

Hit the next slide for more details!

The Aftermath

(Photo: Power Morphicon)

Frank was not looking for a fight that day, but he also is not about to back down from one.

"I was on edge thinking he's going to fight right now. He was trying to punk me so I got ready," Frank said. "I wasn't the aggressor but he showed no response. If somebody grabbed me behind the neck, I'd knock them out. I did that and he didn't do anything. Security didn't break it up. He's got his whole entourage around us and they looked hungry. But when I threw that knee that didn't even touch him and he cowered up."

Frank says the setup was to bully him, and that isn't something he will let happen. "When I let him go, he starts popping off and then when security got all around him he starts popping off even more," Frank said. "I just told him don't punk me. He was trying to punk me and bully me and I don't do that. I'm not going to get punked like that and I think he was shocked that I stood up to him," Frank said. "I was never bitter and I'm still not bitter but I'm a fighter."

Who knows, maybe this will lead to an actual Jason David Frank vs Jean Claude Van Damme MMA match down the line.
    More on JCVD vs.
    Jason David Frank
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips