Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Van Damme!!!

Craptastic!!

It's like one of those most horrible visions one can't look away from.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

actually, wake of death wasn't all that bad. i was even entertained in parts--maybe because jcvd wasn't trying to do splits, or flex, or super high spinning roundhouse kicks throughout the movie. but what's up with the lump on his forehead? does it have any movies out?
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Wake of Death is new (relatively?)? Been slacking on my JCVD lately...

Interesting you brought up the mountain on his forehead - I read somewhere that it's a cyst that he has decided to not do anything about for health reasons.

...or maybe that's his gimmick...
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

or maybe mt. van damme will be used as a secret kill move in a future movie--
    just as jcvd is getting his a$$ kicked, he reaches up, gives it a good squeeze, and a caustic stream of goop shoots into the badguy's eyes, blinding him and allowing jcvd to finish him off in slow motion with much groaning and eye bulging and flexing of muscles. (are you listening, hollywood?)
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

WOD wasnt too bad. simon yam was in it. van daminator looks like he is getting old. he looked horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

sure, he looked old--it's been how many years since bloodsport? but i think he looked right for the role he was playing--the old, tired mob enforcer out for vengeance. the hill on his forehead, however, looks ten years younger!

I would put Wake of Death as favorite Van Damme movie. He wasn't very good in it and the ending was very unspectacular, but it was still his best movie IMO.

Also here is a good Van Damme thread from another message board. http://p081.ezboard.com/fkungfufando...cID=1482.topic
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

hey, thanks for the link! the VanDancing clips were awesome! the best VanScene for VanFashion has to be from lionheart, where he's fighting in the swimming pool, wearing that spandex one-piece thingy.
    my VanFavorites:

bloodsport
    kickboxer
    wake of death
    hard target
    lionheart

WOD, his best movie? NAhhhhh......

All around, Sudden Death was the best movie....but Bloodsport was his best fighting movie.

Speaking of Bloodsport--what the hell is up with that little French kid who plays JCVD in his early years? Is he retarded?

"What kind of a deal?"----Oh my god--who was interviewing that kid for the part? Was it some kind of sick joke?

Haha....but it still makes me laugh every time. "OK USA".....

So many gems.

Sudden Death was retarded but fun. "Alright kids, you stay here while I save everybody in the stadium".
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Jean Claude Van Damme Suffers Heart Attack

According to this report. May not be true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rt-attack.html

More Stories

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=11926295

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/397490...entertainment/

Is the Muscles from Brussels down for the count?

Just one day after his 50th birthday, sources have told E! News that '80s relic Jean-Claude Van Damme suffered a heart attack while shooting his latest all-kick-boxing (we assume) extravaganza, "Weapon."

The production was running smoothly in Romania until last week, when the cast and crew flew to New Orleans for three days of filming. Shortly after setting up shop, unspecified complications put the entire shoot on hold.

Well, those complications have since been specified: JCVD is said to have suffered a minor heart attack.

According to TwitchFilm.net, which first reported on Van Damme's condition, the star was briefly admitted to a hospital, where he was joined by his wife, Gladys Portugues. The duo reportedly flew back to Belgium after his release, and he is expected to make a full recovery. Get well soon!

Or maybe not!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-new-film.html

'Hours ago, I read a rumor online about me suffering heart attack!!' he wrote on his personal page.

'Please, do not believe all what you read from rumors on any unofficial JCVD sites. Jean-Claude Van Damme is 100% healthy, training well for taking the fight and sending his fans & friends much love. — JCVD.'

It had been reported that the star was hospitalised after suffering the attack while shooting his latest film Weapon.

Production on the film had been taking place in Romania until last week when the cast and crew flew to New Orleans for three days of filming.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz12zXnimob

i was wondering, as the source puts the latest movie as an 'all kick boxing movie' which it isnt.....made me wonder

its about an assassin that kills with blades and an ex MI6 agent.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Did he or didn't he?

I'm tempted to peek at that JCVD forum, but it sounds like such a time suck. Hopefully the web news will sort this out soon enough.
    Jean-Claude Van Damme says he didn't have a heart attack
    October 20, 2010 | 2:29 pm

What heart attack? Jean-Claude Van Damme says he's feeling fine, thank you very much -- but that might not be all there is to the story.

"Hours ago, I read a rumor online about me suffering heart attack!!," the actor's Facebook page reads. "Please, do not believe all what you read from rumors on any unofficial JCVD sites. Jean-Claude Van Damme is 100% healthy, training well for taking the fight and sending his fans & friends much love."

TwitchFilm.net reported Tuesday that Van Damme had suffered a minor heart attack the previous week in New Orleans, on location for his film, "Weapon." A Ministry request for comment Tuesday from a Van Damme rep wasn't answered, but MTV News was told in an e-mail, "He is okay."

Now, TwitchFilm said its original information came off a Van Damme fan discussion board, where an administrator identified a minor heart attack as the "complication" in New Orleans that forced the crew to film scenes without the star -- and a look at the ongoing exchange at VanDammeFan.net is pretty interesting.

Sheldon Lettich, who wrote Van Damme's "Bloodsport," "Lionheart," "Legionnaire" and "Double Impact," participates on that fan board, according to his own website. In response to forum members who questioned the veracity of the site administrator's report, Lettich posted that nobody who'd been on location had mentioned it "because we were asked -- by JC and his agent -- to keep it quiet until they could release a statement. Guess the cat somehow got out of the bag before they could do that."
    Lettich also posted, "JC felt some tightness in his chest just hours after he'd arrived in New Orleans, and checked himself into a local hospital for tests." He noted that Van Damme's wife, Gladys, had flown in and stayed by her husband's side for the duration.

Discussion of the story and how it had blown up was still going strong Wednesday in that thread, which you can read for yourself here. Warning: It's a lengthy chat.

An e-mail inquiry to Lettich's rep for comment was not immediately returned. We'll update if we hear back.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart