I recently picked up the newest copy of this informative magazine and read through all the sword articles. I'm an avid kung-fu practitioner for a good year now and just can't seem to get enough. For quite some time now I have had great interest in the traditional methods of blacksmithing but in swordsmithing in particular. I just graduated college last year and am contemplating whether i should go back for graduate school. Most schools I have looked into on the subject of sword-smithing have it only as a 1 semester specialty added onto their welding and metalworking departments. Seeing as how you guys at the magazine must have an immense list of contacts and references, I was wondering whether perhaps some of those would be able to enlighten me on the path I should take to get into such a career. The education needed and possibly places to get it. I understand it is mostly apprenticeships since there are so few interested in it anymore. Would I have to leave the US? If so any places abroad? Any info would be greatly appreciated by anyone.

Peace