Thread: So who else thinks Youtube winning invention of the year is absurd?

So who else thinks Youtube winning invention of the year is absurd?

it beat out a cancer vaccine? i been hearing this on the news and its irks the hell out of me. sharing videos online isn't new. youtube did put it on a wider scale, but comparing it to sumthin that can potentially save millions of lives?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Yes. It is just as absurd as Youtube trying to stop the illegal downloading, from their site, of illegaly posted videos.

Hmmm....

I didn't even hear about this.

But, they're probably more impressed with the fact that some regular joe's from the middle class sold a half-@zz website for millions to a colossal web engine.

It is a very good service that youtube host video and music made by little people and not corporate conglomerate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VszKDSDjMX8

it is a freedom of expression for a lot of little people with the desire to share or broadcast to friends.

the idea of internet sharing text info, image info upgraded to video/music or MV info.

youtube probably has the largest number of subscribers and viewers. I think.

it is not invention like cell phone or cable.

but it is a platform that people may share music video for the most part.

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpc1e...elated&search=

disco music, and general's order (Jiang Jun Ling) in pulsation. LOL

--

Last edited by SPJ; 12-10-2006 at 08:56 AM.

Last edited by SPJ; 12-10-2006 at 01:14 PM.

I wouldn't call it an "invention" but it is a pretty d@mn good idea. Wish I thought of it.

Youtube probably won because it was started and has grown so much so fast and makes an impact on a lot of people's daily lives.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

its a good idea but not an invention. i think the cure for cancer should have won. **** you tube i can build that site in a week if i wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

i can understand appreciation to youtube for bringing "people closer" so to speak, (i thought myspace did that) and also bringing videos to a wider audience that would of usually fell into obscurity. one person used the example of Iraq War soldiers personal videos straight from Iraq that shows life at a different angle than im personal news reports.

but you also gotta admit that roughly 98% of the videos are made by bored internet users for other bored internet users. it beating out sumthin of upmost importance, a medical innovation probably more useful than just about any invention anyone can create.....it just shows how shallow people have become nowadays. entertainment above all else. but even entertainers dont need a stated purpose nowadays.
    Last edited by FuXnDajenariht; 12-11-2006 at 11:37 AM.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

It is like some many other sites on the web.

we have to fish or hunt to find some rare gems or gold out of a big pile of others.

I like the sarcastic video. It is pure and "simple". most important of all, she meant it or is sincere about it. viewpoints are just viewpoints. right or wrong. If you are sincere about it, you may "move" people. She is actually being sarcastic about sarcasm. It is just hilarious and "cleansing". I laugh so hard.

my friends said youtube is full of weird stuff. I said yes. somehow, I find some good stuff from the pile.

the second video from Kung Fu Hustle. It is superb or brilliant. and paradoxical.

The boy was pulverized by the toad guy. before he "die" or "morph". since he may not speak, he drew the picture of the lollipop with blood. He was thinking about the girl and wanted to say sorry before he went.

The boy tried and robbed the girl. She was not able to speak. She was with tears. And showed the lollipop she saved all these years for him. Again, there are no words. Just gestures and symbolism. The boy refused by swaying the candy away. The girl still tried to put the broken pieces of the candy back together. These are powerful messages and no words were said.

--

A story with no words speaks louder than any words.

--

being sarcastic about sarcasm is being simple and straighforward.

--

Last edited by SPJ; 12-11-2006 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    It is like some many other sites on the web.

we have to fish or hunt to find some rare gems or gold out of a big pile of others.

I like the sarcastic video. It is pure and "simple". most important of all, she meant it or is sincere about it. viewpoints are just viewpoints. right or wrong. If you are sincere about it, you may "move" people. She is actually being sarcastic about sarcasm. It is just hilarious and "cleansing". I laugh so hard.

my friends said youtube is full of weird stuff. I said yes. somehow, I find some good stuff from the pile.

the second video from Kung Fu Hustle. It is superb or brilliant. and paradoxical.

The boy was pulverized by the toad guy. before he "die" or "morph". since he may not speak, he drew the picture of the lollipop with blood. He was thinking about the girl and wanted to say sorry before he went.

The boy tried and robbed the girl. She was not able to speak. She was with tears. And showed the lollipop she saved all these years for him. Again, there are no words. Just gestures and symbolism. The boy refused by swaying the candy away. The girl still tried to put the broken pieces of the candy back together. These are powerful messages and no words were said.

--

A story with no words speaks louder than any words.

--

being sarcastic about sarcasm is being simple and straighforward.

--

dude........................... DUDE!!!

you canadian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Thumbs up

the content providers from little people.

the audience are little people.

video or music sharing.

--