Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: chi vampirism

chi vampirism

Not sure if this is the right forum, but i gota ask

I have read a few thing about chi vampirisum, but the informations i got was interesting and a bit disturbing.

Can anybody give me a bit more info on this ?
    thank you

No such thing. You're thinking of "psychic vampirism," which is something only people who do Wicca-type silliness believe in.
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

thank you for the info.

was reading it on a website but i think thay got mix up 2

thanks again

No such thing

Well, a healer can give his qi away to heal other. Wouldn't it be possible to reverse the procedure to receive instead of giving.

Yup. It's a form of death magic you want nothing to do with.

There are such things as jing thieves and they are to be avoided.

Fighting on the Internet and competing in the Special Olympics have a lot in common. They are both exclusively for the Retarded. Anon

Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it. Moi

Qi thieves

I heard that there is in China, but they usually steal it from trees and they can only steal Yin qi. It would be a useless skill. Better off just doing qi gong practice since Yin qi usually makes peoples skill color off. Their skin looks like its a sick yellow, blue, or the worst gross looking pasty white.
    The best kind is primordial qi of the dan tian (which supposedly a great master can take it if his level is high enough).

Qi thieves

Practicing qi under a tree has a medical healing effect of utilising wood qi to improve the deficiency of wood organ (liver).

There are abundant of qi around us which is stronger than our own qi. So people make use of the nature to cultivate qi.

Qi will always flow from the strong area to a weaker area. Nature qi is stronger than our body qi.

If you have strong qi, your qi would naturally flow to your mate who is having a weaker qi. That is the nature of the law of equilibrium. It is like a stronger battery would charge up the weaker battery until both are the same voltage. Hence, the qi transfer.

Doesn't different trees have different qi. I heard something briefly about this. Like this tree has yellow qi and that tree has white qi?

I don't know about using specific sources of qi, I prefer energy that is free in the air. So I don't interfere in other peoples things. Even trees are a life.

Qi colour

Every living thing has a specific frequency which may vary even with the same species. When you are in deep meditation, you would see qi energy in the form of light (s) of a specific colour depending on the stage or level you are at the time of meditation. As your level of qi is changed so is your body frequency and hence the colour you see.

Meditation under a tree would be influenced by the tree (frequency) and hence the seeing of different colour which is depended on the type and size of tree. So people may say this tree has a yellow qi or red qi.

As you say, you prefer qi in the air, so let the nature harmonise yourself and make use of the freely available qi in the air or surrounding living nature.

I don't really understand why anyone would get into qi vampirism.

Sure its possible, you can draw in energy from just about anything - mountains, the earth, sky, trees, the ocean, etc.

But negative connotations of vampirism asside, are people even a good source of energy?

I don't see how it could really harm someone unless you were strong enough to drain them of an incredible amount of qi.

If anyone has first hand experience with this I'd be interested in hearing it...

It is a metaphor for anyone who seeks to impose their will on another for an advantage. Anyone who takes what doesn't belong to them. Whatever advantage that may be: financial or material, political (who's alpha male or female?), sexual, psychic, whatever.

So, politicians, salesmen (who lean in psychically to sell things to people they don't need), bullies, frauds (see Juna's Falun Gong thread), etc., are all trying to steal things people have invested their time and energy into. They are taking that which doesn't belong to them, and weighing themselves down with dread karma (to use the Buddhist terminolgy, Taoists called it "blame") in the process.

So, how do people who really do treat others well avoid this? First off, to mix metaphors yet more, turn the other cheek. Don't resent people who try it on you. That locks you into their cycle and it is a lot harder to shake them off. You still tell them to shove off, but without dwelling on it internally. Treat everyone you meet as if they were the Buddha, love your neighbour as yourself, etc. Feel sorry for them instead of getting angry, because the anger is what they want.

It is as simple as a decision. If you know who you are and what you are working on to improve yourself, then you can decide that no one can take your energy or spirit. You protect yourself by saying, "No, thanks" and meaning it. Very often you'll see statues of bodhisattvas holding the left hand up, palm outward, meaning just that.
    Last edited by scholar; 12-17-2006 at 07:55 AM.

Well said, Scholar.
    I dunno anything about the subject, but I thought your reply was just outstanding.

cheers
    Only love can break your heart, but one good hidden fist can cave your chest in.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    the Buddha said,"If someone offers you a gift, and you choose not to recieve it, whom does it belong to?"

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy View Post
    I don't really understand why anyone would get into qi vampirism.

Sure its possible, you can draw in energy from just about anything - mountains, the earth, sky, trees, the ocean, etc.

But negative connotations of vampirism asside, are people even a good source of energy?

I don't see how it could really harm someone unless you were strong enough to drain them of an incredible amount of qi.

If anyone has first hand experience with this I'd be interested in hearing it...
    When you take in someone's energy, you're taking in all the vibes put into that energy by the target. Most people are royally screwed up that by taking on their crap, even if you aren't that keenly aware of the specifics, it isn't good. Just because you don't notice some of the bad stuff you're taking in, that doen't mean that energy has zero effect on you or your surroundings. I prefer drawing from the universe itself, while it's in a more pure form and not connected to the crap a lot of people put in theirs. It's not very "energetically sanitary". Qi vamping is more suited to fighting circumstances, redirecting it elsewhere (like the ground), while you step out of the way and push their material body.