Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: chi vampirism

christianity is such a militant religion that why it is so succesful.
    "its ok if you dont believe what we do,as long as you dont mind burning in hell for eternity." LOL
    if you were born in the middle east you would be muslim,if you were born in India you would be Hindu,born 2500 yrs ago in Greece you would be worshiping Zeus ect.
    I know you have been programed since birth with these beliefs but try to get some perspective dude.

Post Chi Vampires

Quote Originally Posted by Charles T Rose View Post
    christianity is such a militant religion that why it is so succesful.
    "its ok if you dont believe what we do,as long as you dont mind burning in hell for eternity." LOL
    if you were born in the middle east you would be muslim,if you were born in India you would be Hindu,born 2500 yrs ago in Greece you would be worshiping Zeus ect.
    I know you have been programed since birth with these beliefs but try to get some perspective dude.
    Hey Charles T Rose..nice to meet you,

I dont know if I would agree with you that "militant" is the right term for True Biblical Christianity in the way you mean it...but Webster's Dictionary agrees that True Biblical Christianity is militant, in that we are engaged in combat..and commanded to be agressive in our Faith.

We are agressive in prayer. sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ..and in helping needy people have have no savior or hope.

We are NOT aggressive in Bombing Countries, Shouting out slogans and Billboards that say for example purposes.. DEATH TO IRAN! DEATH TO CHINA!
    DEATH TO ISRAEL...ETC...
    Nor do we kill or dismember our women for having 5 inches of flesh showing through their Burka...or tie-up the feet of our Young to not allow them to grow, so that with smaller feet as adults, they will have choice but to walk ina subserviant manner ( China) nor send Tanks into Washington DC to kill and arrest peaceful demonstrators. ( Tianaman Square)

As far as HELL is concerned...I do not know exactely what hell is like...nor do I wish to find out, since Jesus described it as "not a nice place to be"

But I think many miss the point about Hell....the real eternal tragedy of hell is the fact that one becomes forever seperated from God ..our Creator. Pu t aside the descriptions of fire and burning for a second...and think about choosing in this Life not to accept His Sin Offering the Lord Jesus...His only Son...and simply saying Lord I am a sinner ...please save me.

Which brings me to Zeus, Buddah, Muhammad, Confusious,.etc..

There is one Major Difference.....they are all DEAD...have been dead, and their
    bodies remains ( except Zeus) are visited by thousands each years.

Jesus proved who he was by rising on the Third Day....and then showing himself over the next 40 days to as many as 500 people at once.

You may try and discount the Miracles, the eye witnesses, the healings, the raising of Lazarus ( and others) from the Dead....but HIS TOMB WAS and IS EMPTY

I am not brainwashed friend, I do have perspective...but I deal in facts.
    Please read Lee Strobel's Book The Case For Christ and you will read about an educated, avowed athiest who set out with a vengence to PROVE the claims about Jesus were made up.....

After a thorough, long, tedius Scientific Investigation that led him to many different places...this educated, highly intelligent anthiast scholar....became a convert, and accepted Jesus as Lord. the facts he discovered were undeniable..in his opinion.

http://www.leestrobel.com/

JD
    "It's not WHO'S right...its WHAT'S right" Truth Comes from many Sources
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Christianity is the Fred Villaris of Judaism

When I said militant I didnt mean politicaly I meant in spreading what christians perceive(socially programmed) as truth above all others.Sure they help the poor as long as they "convert".Sure its better than some of the more barbaric traditions but thats only in the last 400 yrs.
    Like my friend who is in a christian cult known as "soul winning soldiers"...the concept of winning souls through conversion is absurd,illogical and offensive at the same time....thats militant and thats wrong IMO.
    It is the polar opposite of Daoism.
    Your faith is a function of your social environment.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post

I dont know if I would agree with you that "militant" is the right term for True Biblical Christianity in the way you mean it...but Webster's Dictionary agrees that True Biblical Christianity is militant, in that we are engaged in combat..and commanded to be agressive in our Faith.

We are agressive in prayer. sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ..and in helping needy people have have no savior or hope.
    Your notion of your so-called Christian God is nothing more than a tribal war God version that gradually evolved into the presented blind faith worship farce. Please get some serious professional help. If you are indeed sane, please study theology for real. What you have said or claimed to believe in is not that different from any of the very same people (Muslim fundamentalists) you accussed of being evil. You really aren't that Holier that they from what you have been trying to pitch here.

We are NOT aggressive in Bombing Countries, Shouting out slogans and Billboards that say for example purposes.. DEATH TO IRAN! DEATH TO CHINA!
    DEATH TO ISRAEL...ETC...
    So what do you call the Iraq war?

Nor do we kill or dismember our women for having 5 inches of flesh showing through their Burka...or tie-up the feet of our Young to not allow them to grow, so that with smaller feet as adults, they will have choice but to walk ina subserviant manner ( China) nor send Tanks into Washington DC to kill and arrest peaceful demonstrators. ( Tianaman Square)
    Wow, your ignorance of other cultures never fails to amaze me. Muslim like Judaism believe that women actually are closer to God than men. That's why women can pray or worship on their own, while men need to be have prayer session together. Since women are "holy", there is no reason for them to display their bodies like those teenage idols wannabes in western culture. That's the reason why they cover up from a religious POV. Now for practical reason, middle eastern cultures (ie Arabians) finds women's hair "erotic" and could cause men to act inappropietly. So covering it up helps to reduce the chance of crime such as rape. A People's culture develops for a reason.

As for the binding feet in China, it's done for an ethnical aethetic reasons and it's a priviledge that is not affordable to all. Only the nobles and the well to do in ancient China can do that. The tradition or practice went back to Ha dynasty (2033 - 1562 BC) with the last consort of the last King of Ha. What so different were the Chinese women to other cultures that stuff the ear loops or stretch their neck to extreme measure? What so different are they from the women that go under the knife to make their boobs a whopping 40DD, or use botox. Even men here in the west do all sorts of plastic surguries even though there is supposedly no "class division" in America [except there is Christian hyprocracy]. How old is the American Evangelical culture really? When it gets to a few thousand years, old may be you can then tell other much much older culture what's right and what's wrong. BTW, foot binding had not been in practice since early 1900s . So you are at least a hundred years late.

Tian An Men Square? Don't make me laugh. You have no real understanding of politic not to mention you know next to nothing about communist China. Do you honestly think that the CCP would have given up their "ideology" just because a few students (nothing more than naive kids in their eyes) occupy the symbol of power and rule of CCP law? You do know that they have been given a 100 days before the "military operation" was ordered to cleanse the place? CCP don't come to power because it was a nice and friendly party. It came to power because they played dirty. Totalitarinism is nothing new in China. Chinese lived through that for thousands of years. It may not be right but that's just the lot Chinese had for ages. The Kids weren't smart and weren't that well prepare for the consequence. Too bad for them, but they got schooled in Chinese politics 101. My advice is there are 3 things that are dirty - Women, Money and Politics/religion - if you are not ready to get your hands dirty, don't touch them. Okay?!

As far as HELL is concerned...I do not know exactely what hell is like...nor do I wish to find out, since Jesus described it as "not a nice place to be"
    Did your buddy, Jesus, revealed that to you in person or in a dream? Or you just read it in the good book.

But I think many miss the point about Hell....the real eternal tragedy of hell is the fact that one becomes forever seperated from God ..our Creator. Pu t aside the descriptions of fire and burning for a second...and think about choosing in this Life not to accept His Sin Offering the Lord Jesus...His only Son...and simply saying Lord I am a sinner ...please save me.
    You know as good as the point that you made, I have no doubt that Jesus saves, or at least he tried when he was alive. But I am equally possitive that it is organized religion that withdraws. Salvation is a big business and it doesn't come cheap in America.

Oi.... The fact the Cofuscius, Buddha and even Muhammad (the prophet) didn't embellish the fact that they were mere mortals but they spoke the truth and have the well being of the masses in heart is good enough for me to respect them all. What's wrong with human remians? It is energy that's almost ran out of energy. Nothing bad about that being a natural part of life. Denying your body is denying your very own humanity. Please don't tell me that you are the long lost brother of your lord Juses and you human form is an illusion.

Jesus proved who he was by rising on the Third Day....and then showing himself over the next 40 days to as many as 500 people at once.
    That unfortunately is another Pagan myth like Christmas.

You may try and discount the Miracles, the eye witnesses, the healings, the raising of Lazarus ( and others) from the Dead....but HIS TOMB WAS and IS EMPTY
    The real miracle is that you are sold before you even start researching the investment. But that's your right. So...

Please read Lee Strobel's Book The Case For Christ and you will read about an educated, avowed athiest who set out with a vengence to PROVE the claims about Jesus were made up.....
    other than reading other's work have you walk their walk and do some field researches yourself? Do you have a theology degree? So if someone gave you some book, some tape and some website on BJJ that tell you BJJ wins everytime, you would believe these material and ignore all the loses BJJ people have?

After a thorough, long, tedius Scientific Investigation that led him to many different places...this educated, highly intelligent anthiast scholar....became a convert, and accepted Jesus as Lord. the facts he discovered were undeniable..in his opinion.

JD
    Sure, whatever floats your boat. Money is money. Contribution to your "ministry" is contribution ... so at least you got one more sheep in your flock. It's okay to live in a fantasy and feed on false information but it's quite another to assume everyone else is simpleton.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

DEATH TO ISRAEL...ETC...

JD
    one thing--siddhartha gautama (the buddha) didn't die. he realized that there is no birth, no death. the flesh is impermanent, tied to the physical world, conditioned, and therefore illusory--not real. in other words, you are not your body. he left the physical plane, but he did not die.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

Greetings..

Religions represent various cultural interpretations of simple spiritual awareness.. i.e.: that we are parts of a whole..

Now, some cultural "parts" have have united themselves into a mini-Whole, declared exclusive rights to THE Whole, and even elected themselves as the "Chosen People".. The book used to justify the Chosen People's agenda is a nicely crafted and well marketed manual for stabilization and control of ignorant masses.. but, it fails miserably in the scrutiny of its inconsistencies.. it is the only religious philosophy that conjures-up a "get out of jail free" card, Jesus.. while other religions and philosophies hold the people accountable for their deeds, the Chosen People perform the contrived ritual, ask for forgiveness, pay their membership dues, and do as they please for another week.. i can see the attractiveness..

What is more concerning, is that of the writings attributed to the messages of Jesus, only the ones that enforce heirarchy, control and proselytizing (converting others, you know, more revenue) were approved for inclusion in the Bible.. The Bible is a document designed by a committee with self-serving interests in presenting the version widely used today.. other books omitted have much more to do with individual spirituality than crime and punishment.. i am of the belief that IF "God" intended man to be able to discern "truth" from the writings about Jesus, ALL those writings should be presented, each person should draw their own conclusions, and live their lives accordingly.. i distrust the "man behind the curtain", the "learned ones" that interpret meanings from the words and tell us what "God" meant when it inspired "men and women" to write the Bible.. It would be a travesty if some almighty, omnipotent, diety couldn't simply write what it meant to say in plain language for plain people.. no crytptic riddles, no ambiguous references.. just plain words for plain people..

This is not an attack on all of Christianity, but an indictment against those that have taken a message of Love, tolerance, and social responsibility and crafted a manual for the stabilization and control of ignorant masses.. Then, in their fabulous wisdom, they try to force Love through the promise of rewards (heaven) or fear of punishment (hell).. none of which holds up to the reasoned logic of the mind so generously created by the real "God".. the collective consciousness of the Universe..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

JD

OH PLEASE -Strobel?! Are you F8king kidding me?! A newspaper reporter, with no formal education of history or religion interviews 13 evangelical preachers - who make Millions if not Billions of dollars by fleecing the ignorant and the metally ill - takes them at their word for everything and then cashes in on selling his book to the same group of idiots is your EVIDENCE!? You ARE totally insane! Or did you just think that people on a MA forum just don't read anything else and you can sucker them?!

ps

If you're going to start quoting xian apoligists at least do it with SOME class
    someone like John Shelby Spong. Who actually shows a level of intelligence and
    deserves respect even if one does not agree with him!

In regards to the original post about chi vampires, the answer is dependant on the level of awareness.

Chi, Prana, Qi, ka or universal energy exists within and outside all of us. As there are animals that prey on other animals, comparatively there are those whom prey on others. This can be energetically, physically, mentally, emotionally, etc....

As an individual you have the choice to decide where your Chi may go, and to whom. Martial arts were originally used primarily for cultivating the physical body to engage with superconductive chi. As it is used for protection of the individual physically from a would be attacker, much is the same with the energetic variety.

We have the right to protect oneself, as life is sacred.

There are various protection techniques out there regarding chi preservation. Your instructor would be the best one to talk to about this.

Hope I helped.

Love and Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Five animal View Post
    In regards to the original post about chi vampires, the answer is dependant on the level of awareness.

Chi, Prana, Qi, ka or universal energy exists within and outside all of us. As there are animals that prey on other animals, comparatively there are those whom prey on others. This can be energetically, physically, mentally, emotionally, etc....

As an individual you have the choice to decide where your Chi may go, and to whom. Martial arts were originally used primarily for cultivating the physical body to engage with superconductive chi. As it is used for protection of the individual physically from a would be attacker, much is the same with the energetic variety.

We have the right to protect oneself, as life is sacred.

There are various protection techniques out there regarding chi preservation. Your instructor would be the best one to talk to about this.

Hope I helped.

Love and Light.

OH for the LOVE of Light - ANOTHER ONE!

Oh please tell us where this marvelous energy is located in the human body and the universe. How can we measure such energy? How is it that the most intelligent minds dealing with physics can never locate this energy and the most cursory doubt of such is ALWAYS answered by by well if you doubt you can never see it?

PS, there IS a Million US dollars avaialbe to anyone that can prove such

Greetings..

LOL, "life-force" energies have been measured, since the mid 1990's.. the "millions" being offered have, as their criteria, certain stipulations that lend themselves to the most outlandish of claims.. but, good old-fashioned science has measured bioelectricity extraneous to the bio-chemical processes.. it has measured visible light originating from within the human body.. and it has measured electrical and magnetic fields at a distance of greater than 15 ft. from the body.. what is interesting is that once it is measured and quantified, then it's no longer Qi, it's just science..

One of the primary motivations of science is to investigate the realm of the unknown or the quasi known.. rejection of such processes is contrary to the science many skeptics rely upon to discount Qi and other such phenomena that they fear..

Be well..

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyn View Post
    Oh please tell us where this marvelous energy is located in the human body and the universe.
    Every square inch of space-time.

How can we measure such energy?
    Aside from the bioelectricity version, there is also emotional and mental types. To record these with technology of today would be analogous to taking astronomy measurements with a turkey baster. It is ill-equiped to do the job.

How is it that the most intelligent minds dealing with physics can never locate this energy
    See above. Plus, 'the most intelligent' is a very small number of people and it is arrogant to think that if a small number of a particular type of people can't do something or think of something, then it can't be true or done.

and the most cursory doubt of such is ALWAYS answered by by well if you doubt you can never see it?
    If you know someone is repressing a bad memory and really can't remember something that happened to them, does that mean the one repressing really didn't go through/experience the events they are repressing?

PS, there IS a Million US dollars avaialbe to anyone that can prove such
    Prove to who? There are many that refuse to believe given historical events didn't happen, while many others believe them, including those that went through those events.

typical

Woo BS. I just got a large project dumped on me that has to be done by Friday so I don't have time to address the last 2 posts item for item today, but will come back to do so if you like,

BUT 5animals WHAT the flying fig is "Life-energy" can you even put that into anything that even remotely resembles scientific as in Physics or Chemistry?

I didn't think so!

RonH - RIGHT It's that FAMOUS "science is just not smart enough to understand" this stuff, but some illiterate holy man from the temple of IRippOffTheStupidWhiteMan has ALL the answers to the universe.

NOTE the moving of the goal post - a typical tactic of the woo crowd when confronted by anyone who is unwilling to drink the cool aid. Change the subject! "bioelectricity version, there is also emotional and mental types"
    WHAT Oh I suppose emotional type is where ghosts come from

But BACK to the original claim - Chi Vampirism was the concern and 5animals claim that one can defend and attack people with this imaginary power.

I call BullSh8! If I came on this board and said that I could beat all the sifus that visit this board with one hand tied behind my back because I invented the newest and best MA that is unbeatable, my finger couldn't make it from the enter button posting that message to scratching my ass before at least 5 people called me on it.

Well, what you are claiming - that some universal power which is undetectable, invisible and unaffected by the ordinary world and to science yet YOU have not only access to this power but can control it in the physical world well enough
    to even KILL people with it - is far more RIDICULIOUS!

5Animals - I don't know what rules you are talking about, but the one I was referring to is listed here
    http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

It is ALL of 12 rules WOW I know that is just WAY TOOO much to handle,
    BUT WAIT

like 6 are nothing but legal mumbo jumbo that deals with who covers expenses and who owns the resulting info - I know THAT'S just SOOO complicated.

3 of the rules YOU get to set! That leaves, what? All of 3 rules you have to follow?

RonH - To whom do you have to prove it? To anyone who asks or be prepared to be called a lire or a fool! If you make extra ordinary claims you should be able to back it up to those who have doubts about your claim. And saying that those who question you are just "closed" minded is just the same thing as if
    after making my claim about my superior MA ,some of the Sifus here challenge me and I say "I just don't think that you're good enough, so it would be waist of my time to try to teach you something." What would happen to me on this forum if I did that? I, for the life of me, can not understand WHY we let people slide with these kinds of crazy claims to the supernatural all the time. I guess people just feel like they shouldn't pick on the village idiot

"One of the primary motivations of science is to investigate the realm of the unknown or the quasi known.. rejection of such processes is contrary to the science many skeptics rely upon to discount Qi and other such phenomena that they fear.."

I had to quote the above because I read it 3 times and I am still not sure if it makes any sense! But as best as I can get it out of it, you MADE precisely the point. I asked you to show me EVIDENCE which can be verified by some OTHER means then "well, I felt SOMETHING" or "my sifu's brothers cousins uncles sisters master once"

Skeptics are not afraid, - well they may or may not be, it is TOTALLY irrelevant - what they demand is proof which can be independently and objectively verified.
    Your comment stinks of an ad hum attack which is nothing but the cowards/delusionals way out when confronted by reality.

Greetings..

Corwyn: The following are excerpts from cutting-edge "scientists", the same science you wish could debunk Qi.. it is simply not so..

Meditation masters speak of an inner light that pervades the physical and energy bodies, and now science investigates it as biophotons, and through quantum physics we can watch that matter/energy/information devolve back into the void from which it emanates. Masters have often equated this pervasive Light with primordial Consciousness and the source of life as well as matter.

Alan Aspect set up a physical experiment that showed that photons previously entangled continue to inform each other even after separation. They do this instantaneously, so are regarded as "non-local" Is the photon conscious too? They certainly are aware. If so, then the seat of consciousness is at a different/deeper self luminous hierarchal level just as the ancients say.

Consciousness is more than simple conscious awareness or self awareness. It’s ALL in your mind, but not necessarily merely in your head. Consciousness is distributed throughout the entire body. Though the brain is associated with the nervous system it is embedded in body consciousness and coupled to it.

Body and mind mutually inform and condition one another as mindbody, or the psychophysical organism. The connective tissue of the body has its own form of coherent communication by conductance. The connective tissue acts a dynamic liquid crystal array, which conveys information many times faster than the nervous and hormonal systems. It is the basis of gut feelings and holistic responses.

The universe is literally holistically contained within the mindbody and is the context of mindbody. Both physicists and mystics now tell us that there is noTHING “out there.” The Vedas said centuries ago that it’s all “mindstuff” and modern science is now confronting that. Wave forms and particles derive their energy from the inside of space. That self-illumined energy is dynamic, always interacting from the cosmic to subquantal realms

Space is more than an unreactive void. The vacuum energy or Zero Point Energy (ZPE) can be viewed as the Qi energy field according to the ancient Chinese Qi theory or worldview. In the very beginning there was Wu (Nothing or Void), then there was "Hun Tun" (the Great Chaos), later formed the "Tai Chi", then formed the "Tai Shih" (the Great Beginning) permeated with Qi.

The Qi then split into two, the Yin and Yang complementary Qi forces. The interactions of the Yin Qi and Yang Qi evolves all things including Life. To the Chinese, Everything has Qi. Everything functions through Qi. It is the Qi that keeps us alive. To the Chinese, Life is not the end product of an evolutionary process, rather Life Force Qi's existence necessitates Physics and Chemistry being what it is.

You demonstrate a closed mind's pathetic grasp at its comfort zone.. educate yourself, do yourself and others that favor.. whether it is described as an ancient concept such as Qi or by quantum scientific terms, it is what it is.. and your denial of it has no bearing on its existence.. there is an undeniable truth, science cannot explain all that IS.. simply because we can't explain it, does not make it invalid..

Your juvenile attacks on the beliefs of others is a clear indication of your mind-set, i wish you well in overcoming that handicap..

Be well...