Edit: Opps sorry the Link would Help!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMaVncqefps

---

1st Thanks for sharing!!!

question:

who is this person at:

2:50 mark

thank you~
    Last edited by 5thBrother; 12-14-2006 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Opps - The LINK would help! :D

???

Oops. I originally put that there is no one at the 2:50 mark. I was watching the "revised version".

It's funny, Sifu and I were just discussing this yesterday. I believe it's the gentleman in the black doing a powerful version of Ping Kuen. Sifu mentioned his name several times but I guess it just didn't register. If no one chimes in with an answer soon I'll find out from him tomorrow afternoon.

k
    Last edited by k-no; 12-14-2006 at 03:49 AM. Reason: error in post

:)

Hey K-no!

no probs.. i forgot to post the link!! hehe and just came back and saw ur quick reply.

thanks~

cant remember correctly

i think he's name is wong kwai tsoon

need to see his name in chinese

but its something along the lines of that

its the same game 2:40 and 2:50

juss one was in guangzhou and the other was in singapore

Blog Entries
    hey folks,

he is one of my favorite CLF teachers, his movements remind me of how my sigung (Jew Leong) would perform. very very similar.

his english name is carey wong. I think he is in guangzhou, or hong kong, either one.

he is also in the white short sleeve shirt in and grey slacks doing the running uppercuts. then around 2:50 he is there again.

Sifu carey wong was at the 150th celebration of Fut San Hung Sing CLF, he guided my sifu in the ceremonies as well.

frank
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Thumbs up

Personally, I don't know a whole a lot about Choy Le Fut.

Out of all the CLF clips Ive seen on the internet, This one here is the real deal. Its good to see real skill being demonstrated/ taught out there. These days its not so easy to come by.

Thanks sharing the clip

wonderful clip! would be nice if we could share it with younger people and older people, but the music might shy them away from the beauty of the clip. i'm feelin the hip hop, but maybe we can use somethin clean? (there's enough negative hip-hop imagery hype and imagery already, no need to make another bad impression). jus my thoughts, but wonderful video.
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

thanks everyone!

Blog Entries
    Misteri & Juan Nowon,

thanks for the comments on the CLF Sam Sing Yat Gar video i put together. I did it to honor CLF as a whole, but it was one of my first video projects and the musice i chose (for me) set the mood i wanted to get across.

You don't mess with CLF.

However, CLFNOLE made me see the light about appealing to a broader mass of people instead of maintaining that street level mentality. so I began to use instrumentals instead of the music with lyrics.

I'm not sure if 5000 + hits for a gung fu site is good or not, but it's nice to see that it's been viewed at all.

thanks again for the kind words.

frank

ahhh, that's a great idea! there's so many great instrumentals that u can use, minus the lyrics. straight up, i'm really feelin the mood ur setting. but instrumentals lets them use their own imagination
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

Wong Sifu

Does anyone know what line Carey Wong Sifu is from? Just curious, I love the preformance. Is he doing Ping Kuen or Kow Da? Looked more like Kow Da to me is all.

I ask because I like to compare openning movements from my lineage to others in the cross fist patterns.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Since this thread has been brought back to life I'll ask a question too. Who is the person doing the broadsword + shield form at 1:55? He moves like LKH but I don't think it's him. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    Does anyone know what line Carey Wong Sifu is from? Just curious, I love the preformance. Is he doing Ping Kuen or Kow Da? Looked more like Kow Da to me is all.

I ask because I like to compare openning movements from my lineage to others in the cross fist patterns.
    he's doin kow da

Blog Entries
    yeah Wong Sifu is doing Kau da, and i believe he is somehow connected to the Kong On Buk Sing Kwoon lineage.

Blog Entries
    oh, and the guy doing the Shield with the butterfly knife on the clip at 1:55 is Sifu Leung Wai Wing, one of the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon Sifu's.