Thread: My Liver?

My Liver?

I met with a Chinese Medicine Doctor from Brazil last week. After closing his eyes while taking my pulse he said "It's your liver" how would it be possible for him to do that? Now it would be cool if he was able to diagnose the cause of my condition when no US Doctor and thousands of dollars worth of tests can figure it out, but i'm skeptical. Not skeptical enough not to focus my health practices towards my liver though. Could he be correct?.........stupid liver

He was not referring necessarily to the physical tangible organ, the actual liver; rather look at it as more a series of functions of the body. A good pulse reader can determine a lot about patterns in your body by feeling the properties of your pulse. Im surprised you did not ask this to him and him not explain it to you...?

Its no wonder TCM seems so mystical and bupkus in the west; perfet example here of using similar words with entirely different meanings, and its so easy to misintepret whats being said into a magical wonderland...

Of the many schools of TCM treatment approach, the spleen, liver and kidneys are the 3 most common organs treated... the liver is the seat of the "Hun", and is responsible for maintaining the smooth flow of Qi thru the body. Anger and emotional constraint is reflected in Liver Qi stagnation - and vice versa.

I'm not sure of your condition, but a course in meditation, taijiquan and simply trying to look at the world in a more positive light are all ways to smooth the liver qi. Usually, when a practitioner refers to your "liver" it is actually the "Qi" of the Liver which is of concern, not necessarily the physical lump of brown tissue we call the liver organ.

best

herb ox

traditional chinese medicine

traditional chinese medicine is very good, a good doctor can see you skin your finger, your eyes, your tongue, and so on, can Judg if you are ill and where. http://www.daoistkungfu.com

traditional chinese medicine

traditional chinese medicine is very good, a good doctor can see you skin your finger, your eyes, your tongue, and so on, can Judg if you are ill and where.

always if you are ill, you should do more training like taiji quan is good for you.

http://www.daoistkungfu.com
    Last edited by pdf108; 08-14-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Well I took the advice of the Brazilian Chinese Medicine Guy and found a Licenesed Acupuncturist. I had my first treatment yesterday and I'll keep you posted to my progress. I did ask him all the stuff that I neglected to ask with the other guy and He had the ability to explain so I could understand it.
    Last edited by Egg fu young; 08-15-2008 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdf108 View Post
    traditional chinese medicine is very good, a good doctor can see you skin your finger, your eyes, your tongue, and so on, can Judg if you are ill and where.

always if you are ill, you should do more training like taiji quan is good for you.

http://www.daoistkungfu.com

Maybe it's because I'm at work but your link doesnt work.
    Last edited by Egg fu young; 08-16-2008 at 08:17 AM.

hehe, are you ok these days?