Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One's Martial Art and One's Writing

One's Martial Art and One's Writing

Is there a relationship between one's proficiency in one's chosen martial art and the "way" one writes?

I hear that for those that practice Kendo, with training, the pen really is mightier than the sword - boom-tshhhh!

But, no I don't think there is a correlation. Perhaps there is a link between how articulate someone is and how likely they are to hit first though.
    Your strawman is strong, but my cross-dressing allows me confuse AND disorientate my opponent.

Mook Jong Construction Diagram

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Is there a relationship between one's proficiency in one's chosen martial art and the "way" one writes?
    jeez uki, you already asked this. albeit in a bloated and long winded way, but in short, no.

Many great masters of old couldn't even write their own name.
    The same is true of many moderns who are also able to fight with veracity.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pob View Post
    I hear that for those that practice Kendo, with training, the pen really is mightier than the sword - boom-tshhhh!

But, no I don't think there is a correlation. Perhaps there is a link between how articulate someone is and how likely they are to hit first though.
    kendo is play time with bamboo. It has completely deteriorated as a martial art form and in it's current format has little value to martial artists beyond the age of 5.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

What about those that are quick to anger through the pen?

What about those that are quick to anger through the pen?
    how do you know they're angry?

Maybe they're just trolling.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    kendo is play time with bamboo. It has completely deteriorated as a martial art form and in it's current format has little value to martial artists beyond the age of 5.
    I only used it for reference to make my pun work.
    Your strawman is strong, but my cross-dressing allows me confuse AND disorientate my opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    how do you know they're angry?

Maybe they're just trolling.
    I know what you're saying. But sometimes it seems fairly obvious. Then again, a highly skilled Troll.

Troll-fu is not a martial art.

wtf is a highly skilled troll? lol

is that someone who isn't sitting in their own filth while they drive their computer with their overinflated ego seeking some thrill in their otherwise worthless existence?

bwahahaa. Being a pain in the ass to a regular community doesn't take any skill at all. It takes a half wit with a computer and a poor ability at interacting socially in anonymous environments.

trolls are often angry small minded people who were more than likely abused as children or regarded with indifference by their own family. They have a sociopathic outlook on life and think that they are someone who is somehow more special than any other potential organ bank out there.

we're all meat piles and some of us talk. 100 years from now, none of this will mean zip. Including everyone who is typing here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Troll-fu is not a martial art.
    I've seen it used as such to draw the person out of his/her stability into a state of anger where fuzzy headedness overcomes clear thinking.

I've seen it used as such to draw the person out of his/her stability into a state of anger where fuzzy headedness overcomes clear thinking.
    pfft. You've seen people typing out hateful things towards each other.
    Again, forums on the internet have no tone, no emotion. They are like heavybags.

Pound away at it, it feels nothing.

I think it is the troll who wishes s/he is inciting some emotion. i think they try and try and try to see if someone is angry but they are forever unsatisfied because in reality, they have no courage to actually do what they do in an anonymous forum.

There is no skill in being a prolific windbag and coward.

that's just what it is to be a troll.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Then surely the person lured in has learned nothing from their martial arts?

Then surely the person lured in has learned nothing from their martial arts?
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

pretty vague in regards to writing. my MA knowledge makes (i do write fiction) my action scenes more specific. such as someone who knows nothing of MA wouldnt describe a turn back kick, knife edge of the hand, as well as many other things.

so in my situation, yes MA knowledge does effect my writing.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.