Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: happy festivus

happy festivus

not sure how many of you are familiar with this time honored tradition. but one of coach ross' posts made me think 'hey, i should enlighten everyone' so here ya go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

dec 23rd is the traditional date but it isnt set in stone. i just wish my wife would let me put a festivus pole up in my living room. she doesn't celibrate it though. i think its bc shes afraid to match skill with me in the feats of strength. but regardless that shoudln't stop you all from haveing a happy festivus.

cjurakpt Guest
    my personal favorite is the "Airing of Grievances" - I have a lot of problems with some of you people!

well as far as the feats of strength go festivus isnt over until the head of the house is wrestled down and pinned. so i guess since this is a forum that would make gene the 'head of the house'. watch your back gene.

George Castanza's father would love you for posting this.
    "If you practice praying mantis, women will like you."--Shi Zheng-Zhong

Thumbs up

Well, I for one had an awesome Festivus!

The Feats of Strength was won by me because my rents are in their 60's, although my mom sure gave me a run for my money. She almost beat me in "See who can pin the other the longest", but I pulled a kimura on her, broke her arm, and she conceded!

The pole never went up because dad decided he wanted to show off his sword/spear/staff forms prowess, and promptly shattered the sliding glass door and then proceeded to break the pole over my head. It was very reminiscent of the Star Wars kid vid. Luckily, I saw it coming and chi-blasted it just at the right moment in order to avoid injury.

The airing of grievances didn't go so well either. Grams decided today was the day she was going to tell us we all sUck because we took away her car keys and she's been stuck in the house for 6 years with just her 13 cats and nothing else to do as a result.

We didn't get to any of the other events after that because Uncle Dave got high and started a food fight, which somehow ended up turning into naked twister. Don't ask, I have no idea how that happened.

All in all, I have to say, this year's Festivus was certainly one to remember.

Can't wait til next year! Hope you all had as good a time as I did.

TuG.

Last edited by tug; 12-23-2006 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Blah.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by tug View Post
    Well, I for one had an awesome Festivus!

The Feats of Strength was won by me because my rents are in their 60's, although my mom sure gave me a run for my money. She almost beat me in "See who can pin the other the longest", but I pulled a kimura on her, broke her arm, and she conceded!

The pole never went up because dad decided he wanted to show off his sword/spear/staff forms prowess, and promptly shattered the sliding glass door and then proceeded to break the pole over my head. It was very reminiscent of the Star Wars kid vid. Luckily, I saw it coming and chi-blasted it just at the right moment in order to avoid injury.

The airing of grievances didn't go so well either. Grams decided today was the day she was going to tell us we all sUck because we took away her car keys and she's been stuck in the house for 6 years with just her 13 cats and nothing else to do as a result.

We didn't get to any of the other events after that because Uncle Dave got high and started a food fight, which somehow ended up turning into naked twister. Don't ask, I have no idea how that happened.

All in all, I have to say, this year's Festivus was certainly one to remember.

Can't wait til next year! Hope you all had as good a time as I did.

TuG.

Oh what a nice normal sounding family!

Quote Originally Posted by syn View Post
    Oh what a nice normal sounding family!
    Yeah, but I'm used to it. Been like that for most of my life.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

I still have many problems with you people
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    I still have many problems with you people
    You are a disappointment. Happy Festivus.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I do not celebrate it.

sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Fhv0u0nRk

a song about not celebrating X'mas.

I do celebrate X'mas but not fest deviant or festivus.

happy holidays and happy new year

religion or not.

I think you should resolve to getting your thoughts into one post and then not post anything else unless you are responding to someone who follows.

Kung Fu is good for you.