Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Historical Breakthrough on Wanglang?

seriously perturbed at mantid1 and mantis108

You gentlemen should not have let out such secret information. I spoke to Shifu Taoist immortal Santa today and we are having mantis108 excommunicated for acknowledging the existence of said Christmas Kung Fu Sect and the E.L.F. Swat team. Therefore I am now the only living closed door disciple of Shifu Shanta and I have proof.

As per the 31 words, It is amazing how people outside the christmas family cannot figure this one out. Wang Lang chose 31 words because there are 31 days in december. I was there when it happened.

Sincerely,
    Santa's little helper

Jake

Would have been better to have been a personal email, but since this is a common question, I'll answer it here!

If you have problems, Write the Admin. I'm just a moderator that.
    In all fairness though, I've thought the board has been running pretty well the last few months.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Israel, you have been drinking irresponsibly again havent you!
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Christmas Cheer for Yushan & friends

Jim! just some ceremonial green tea eggnog with my santa shifu. LOL. Anyone interested in Santa Pai Kwoon just needs to go past the sea of swirly, twirly gumdrops!

Merry Christmas to you jim and the rest of the good-natured kung fu bums on this forum. Ho, Ho, Ho

Ironfenix

No disrespect but.....you are obviously trying to make people think you are a high level guy throwing around Santa Shifu's name like you know and train with him!

In case you havnt figured it out.....Santa Shifu (aka immortal wang lang) is more than likely 108 himself. Yellow knife my a$$ I think he is a little more "north" if you ask me. Its easy enough to figure out....he threatened to send the elves after me......only one person can give orders to elves......you slipped up 108....now we all know!

You did great on the 31 theory....but I think you may have read it out of an old manuscript thats all. (btw, if you have a copy of the manuscript and the video of them along with the forms could you send them to me? I wont give them out to anyone else )

Back on topic. I dont think anyone really cares much about whether it is twelve or 31. If someone is trying to make Lee kam Wing upset I wouldnt worry about it. I am sure he doesnt spend his time reading forums. He is propably to busy promoting mantis and teaching.

I do think it was a good question and I also think the GBL answered it very clearly.

Mantid1

There are more important matters now than the authenticity of said 31 key words... namely the validity of my claims to the Immortal Santa Lineage. You are right in saying that only one person can command the elves, but Mantis108 would have known that as well, and since he was just recently excommunicated from said Santa Pai, he might have disclosed all of the secret lists of information as well as the precious manuscripts written by my kung fu brother Rudolph about the 31 days & keywords. I am beginning to suspect that you sir are in fact a member of the rival Frosty Snowmen Clan. Frosty has always tried to disprove and discredit anyone who didn't belong to their lineage, even those who are busy promoting the arts instead of wasting their time trolling ... Are you from the frosty Clan? Here is the proof to end all questions to the validity of my lineage.

This thread makes me smile...

I'm glad to see a lot of the infighting has gone away. I was first here in 1997 / 1998 and there was plenty of poo being slung around, and it wasn't just from the kung fu monkeys. But it is unfortunate that some of the people that posted with their knowledge and insight back then are no longer around.

Ironfenix. Like doubling the length of the thread with posts about Santa after the moderator asks for it to be kept on topic isn't trolling.

Do you have anything coherent to say about the subject?

Well, now that you mention it...

I believe there have been a couple of discussions on keywords, but as far as this specific thread, I think GBL said it best man. Since there are many differences between branches of tang lang on the number of keywords or the very keywords themselves, it is difficult to prove that the whole thing didn't start off with 31. I personally believe it started with much less, and maybe master lee or his teachers added some more for training purposes. I don't see anything wrong with that. However, here is a question, most styles have Gou Lou Tsai as their first 3 keywords, and since these are written in the sonnet as belonging to another style/master, how could they be included in the 12 / 31 or whatever words? Are the 12 keywords what wang lang saw from the mantids, or was it what he mixed in with the other stuff that he knew? I personally started poking around at a mantis and had trouble finding most of the keywords ... Unless Shandong mantids are structurally different, i think there is more to tang lang than the 12 words. I think Kevin was writing a book on this whole thing. I believe he said he had a very old manuscript about praying mantis. Said the stuff there was different than the normal keywords. You might want to ask him about it.

p.s. Sorry about the thread man, but it was hard to resist ... Long Live Santa Pai!

Smile A Word About the Keywords...

I am glad to hear that Kevin is going to write a book about the Keywords. I believe the possibly "oldest" known Tanglang manuscript is the "Luohan Xinggong Duanda" which is about mid 1700s. In it there are about 3 places where "Keywords" like materials are mentioned.

First place is the Sonnet of the 18 families (at least Gou Lou Cai), the second place is the Short Strike Crucial (24 of them) and finally in Short Strikes 9981 (9 of them). There is not mentioning of 12 keywords but there is 9 keywords (5+4).

In the Greater Meihwa Line tradition, IMHO the 12 keywords has to do with Liang Xue Xiang (1810 - ?) earlier manuscript "Boxing, Staff and Spear Fencing Manual" (Quan Gun Qiang Pu 1842).

Mantis108

PS I got kick out the the Santa Pai because I have to meet the 300 lbs weight standard (I maxed at 120) and Ihave to found a Mrs. Santa, promto which means I have to end my single lifestyle for good. They wanted to demote me to assistant head elf (head elf is Santa of course, ) So.. I have to leave the Santa Pai. But I took the secret manuscript of Santa and gave it to the Principle of Volcano High for protecting the secret for now. BTW, Iron your pic is fake! There's not snowflakes hologram like the secret one that I have. Good try though. HO, HO, HO...
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Thanks for the replies. Interesting point about Gou Lou Cai being in the poem.

keyword/hologram

mantis 108,
    My question is do you think that the 12 keywords are the principals that wang lang learned from the mantis, or were they made up of stuff he had previously learned. Because I was originally led to believe that gou lou tsai and the rest of them were from the insect.
    By the way, Darn you Mantis 108 (curls his mustouche) for discovering my fraudulent Santa discipleship photo! I forgot about the blasted snowflake hologram!!!

Smile Mantis Catches Cicada

Hi Ironfenix,

the legend of Wang Lang got the 12 keywords from observing the mantis most likely came from the LHXGDD although it could also be a Shangdong local legend that got collected into the manuscript. It is found in the text of seventh road of the seven front road. Later in the explanation of this particular road it said that it is Wang Lang who taught the Mantis Hands (Shou Fa). It then expanded on the idea of the mantis catches cicada with lightening speed. In the text, no keyword is given but it suggests the readers to intuitively rather than "verbally" understanding that "observation".

IMHO Legends are sometime used for the purpose of redirecting the attention of the audience so that they will not ask difficult to answer questions such as why and how something comes to be.

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum