Thread: Adams Blog

Adams Blog

I started marshal arts training over 30 years ago. Now I am 46 years old. When I was young I would get up at 3:am clean a restaurant for about 2 hours 7 days a week. Then I would train all day long. When I was in my 30's I worked full time 3rd shift. And then I would only train about 4 hours a day.

Sad to say 2 years ago my mother passed away. This affected me more than I would have ever imagined. I quit eating very much and went from a solid 180lb to 125lb. I laid in bed almost all day and night for about a year.

I started my training again. And I will post updates on my progress.

Doug

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dougadam View Post
    I started marshal arts training over 30 years ago. Now I am 46 years old. When I was young I would get up at 3:am clean a restaurant for about 2 hours 7 days a week. Then I would train all day long. When I was in my 30's I worked full time 3rd shift. And then I would only train about 4 hours a day.

Sad to say 2 years ago my mother passed away. This affected me more than I would have ever imagined. I quit eating very much and went from a solid 180lb to 125lb. I laid in bed almost all day and night for about a year.

I started my training again. And I will post updates on my progress.

Doug
    My condolences to your loss brother. When you loose someone close to you it can take quite a toll, cause a lot of sorrow. At the same time the ability to overcome these "hard- times" can make you stronger and more resileint than you ever imagined. I bet you already knew that though.

With a foundation as strong as the one you described, you will be able to suprise yourself with your own abilities.

Keep up the good work brother.