You wrote;
First: never did I ever say that anyone sucks! so lets get that clear!

No that's not right.... not right at all. You where referring to people who questioned other peoples skills as being somehow wrong and egotistical. Right?

And since the masters I cited did the very things you say are wrong and egotistical, we can only deduce from your comments that you did indeed thought they sucked!

Yea. I'm stretching on this and I know I sound ridiculous.....but this is how you sound to me when you think it's not right for someone to question someone’s skills (if that person is new to a school)

You wrote:
Second: the master and people that you posted are not living in today’s society!

What do you define as today's society????

Wang Shu Jin died in the early eighties and I think Chen Man-ching died slightly before him. As far as I know the Gracies are alive and kick’ in

You wrote:
if you want to get technical in the olden days one could not open a kwon with out fighting every school owner in the surrounding area first! they would burn a candle in the window to tell of a match the next day of a new sifu/new school and a old sifu/established school. If his fighting was worthy he was allowed to open!

True.... true.... but According to my Sifu they also just showed up at your door and demanded a match if they thought you weren't legit.

You wrote:
this is modern day and with law suits and insurance claims, (that one has when they are a school owner) it is hard legally to strike a person off the street that has not signed a silly waiver, how ever without the obvious leagal problems you have more to lose than just money! to be a school owner you are asking for trouble to hit some person that walks in to your place of business just to show them how tough you are!
your point of view is not from a point of owning a business so please be a little more liberal in you comments!

Wait......hold up..... Didn't you respond to my post first? Hmmmmmm..... seems you have a case of sellected memory also.....

You wrote:

also If someone feels that they need to prove something by challenging me then my school is not the place to show them my abilities, but out back in the alley I would lock, break, rip, pull and tear.

Again and again and again and again......I wasn't talking about the "old school, hey you suck! I'm going to kick your ass mantality"
Was I?

No I wasn't!

Seems you and GLW are parinoid that someone is going to come into your school and show you up.

Which will never happen if you have developed proper relationships with your students.

I understand what you are saying about running a school. Yes! In a business sense you have to watch how you proceed, but again I wasn't talking about starting a fight with someone off the street, and if you have to defend yourself in your school I don't think that there is a court of law that will find you gultiy for defending yourself at your place of buisness

By not taking the time to investigate or understand where somebody is coming from... You (yes You!!!!!! show how narrow minded you are_

heck.... your orginal response shows this.....

Let's really take a look at your argument.

You wouldn't spar with someone new who just came into your kwoon asking questions. Right?

Right! Ok now

What if he/she had a lot to offer you (as a new student, he/she was highly motivated, but needed a little proof) you would have just lost him/her to another school.

You might ask "well how am I to know if that student is motivated or not?"

That's just it, you don't!

What if that person was highly skilled and was capable of showing you things you haven't seen before?

You just lost out again! "big time"

All because of what?

I get hit by my students all the time.... they know I'm no superman.

To me martial arts are about honesty and realism, two things a true martial artist can not do without.

Also, Sum Guye Yea.... I was streching responses to my post. I was trying to take their arguments to the point of breaking. I think it was a failed attempt.

They just don't get it, and never will.

Your last post is exactly what I would have written.

Thank you for writing it. Sum guye