Thread: Differences in Mantis Styles

Differences in Mantis Styles

Hey does anyone out their have experience in more than one mantis style? I am curious what the differences (the major ones, vs the subtle ones) between style like seven star and eight step, etc… I have seen websites on all of these and seen 7 star people at competitions, but I am curious what someone who has trained in more than one style has to say about the others…

As I study a branch based in Wah Lum I can see the huge difference for me(from watching, I have never tried 7 star or any of the others) is the foot work and the amount of mantis hooks in the forms… of course Wah Lum is a hybrid which I understand, so the foot work is bound to be diff…

Also what about application? I also focus a lot on application (cant speak for certified Wah Lum practitioners as I have never really had the chance to compete against or spar against any), how do the different style compare/contrast in actual application….? So yah anyways anyone with experience between the styles(specifically seven star, eight step, and Wah Lum) have any insight?

Similar post

Another person just posted a similar question.

You can see the thread here:
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=44387

You can private message me if you have other questions.

Thanks,
    Jim

mantis styles

your best bet would be to talk to Kevin Brazier, he has trained in various mantis styles.

His website is:
    www.plumflowermantisboxing.com