Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Erle Montaigue decent?

khinbu Guest

Yang Shaohou's TRUE descendant

For all of you who want to know,

There are still TRUE descendants of Yang Shaohou Taijiquan. I will name one for all of you, Tian Yingjia, son of Tian Zhaolin (Tian Zhaolin was the student of Yang Shaohou) is still alive and well in China. I got this from very reliable source. And I will assure you that his teaching doesn't even close to what Erle teaches. FYI, Yang Shaohou's students are mystery in the west, but NOT in CHINA. So, anybody who follows Erle Montaigue, I hope all of you can go to China and see whether Erle Montaigue's teaching is even close to YSH TRUE descendant or not.

Wish for peace

Braden Guest
    Actually, there's a surprising number of Yang Shou-Huo taiji descendants in the west. For example in Vancouver one of the more famous taiji instructors was Tchoung Ta Tchen whose taiji came from Yang Lu-Chan -> Yang Shou-Huo -> Tian Zhao Lin -> Shi Tiao-Mei.

Despite having made significant alterations of his own to the forms he recieved, his curriculum is remarkably similar to Erle's, including the fast form and the stick form.

khinbu Guest
    Is his fast form similar to Erle's? And does Erle have any fast form set apart from what he calls Sanshou A&B which actually is not THE Yang Shaohou fast form (Kuaijia) which has the same way of arrangement with the common Yang form, e.g. Qi shi, Lan Que Wei, Danbian etc.? And do you know that there is still some claim in Southern China on the original Yang Luchan-handled-down set and practice methods?

About Shi Daomei, I know from very reliable resource that Shi only learned for about 5 years.

Wish for peace

Sam Wiley Guest
    Wish For Peace,
    Those kind of responses are exactly what I am talking about. Don't make assurances to anyone about what his art is like when you haven't seen it yourself. And don't give second and third-hand information (ala, "I heard from a very reliable source," or so-and-so said"). Not only does that take the credibility out of the statement, it makes whoever made the statement seem immature in several areas.

A week ago, I had a Xingyi and Taiji practitioner come to me to see what the Old Yang Style I teach is like. That's the way to gather information: to get it from the source.

Braden Guest
    "Is his fast form similar to Erle's?"

It is not the same arrangement as the 'common Yang form,' and he teaches a paired sanshou A&B form. I have not done a comparison of postures between his and Erle's forms.

"And do you know that there is still some claim in Southern China on the original Yang Luchan-handled-down set and practice methods?"

I didn't specifically know this, nor did I think otherwise, nor do I see how it relates to the current discussion.

"About Shi Daomei, I know from very reliable resource that Shi only learned for about 5 years."

If this is supposed to be a ****ing statement, I hope you're comfortable throwing out babies like Sun style Taiji and Cheng Ting Hua's bagua with that bathwater. And that's assuming you're right.

diego Guest

depends if hes changing

and you have a crush or not :p

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

patriot Guest
    Tchoung Ta Tchen studied with Shi Daio-Mei for only 2 years as a total beginner after a seriours illness. After he regained his health, he studied push hands with Cheng Meng Ching. Therefore Tchoung is hardly, or claimed to be, a representative or ackonwledged descendant of the Yang Shou Hou branch.

IronKim Guest
    I think Erle Montague is fraud. Get a hair cut dude!!!

"Right or wrong does not come from your personal judgement. Your personal judgement always favors you. Favoring yourself is not the right answer, the right road. Favoring the other side is not the right answer either. Right and wrong were their before you were born. Personal beliefs of right and wrong bring with them the confusion of your own thoughts. This is the worst way to make a mistake. "

-Grandmaster Iron Kim

Braden Guest
    Patriot - I'm just going with what was said at the memorial service for his funeral.