Thread: OT: Song from a little angel

Thumbs up OT: Song from a little angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVFF98kNg8Q&NR

with some off key here and there.

It touches millions. A 6 year old sis missing his oldest brother away in a war.

It is most viewed, most commented, most favorites ---

--

I am from a family with many relatives in services (military, police etc).

I knew what is like to be away from family.

I served in the Army for 2 years myself.

--

It was too staged - the tears in the beginning, the salute etc. There is a little bit of exploitation by her mom. Don't forget her bro dropped out of school before volunteering to a very controversial and unnecessary war.

now we need a little arab kid to sing about her paraplegic grandmother and dead family that were destroyed by jdams in an unprovoked attack from the great satan.

sorry, but everything aside, sentimental bullshit is all that little piece of junk was. Kid is likely a nice kid, mom's probably a real nice person and yep, she misses her bro.

Im sorry that you live in a country that practices a doctrine of pre-emptive strikes and I'm extra sorry when the continued rewards of that doctrine are reaped upon her and her family.

sorry sweety, but propoganda is all you are despite the sappy sentimentality.

poor kid. just doesn't get it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I like the music and the lyric.

I think mom is behind this all along.

Moms would always do what moms do, worry and take care of her youngs especially the first born.

In each war, there will be stories of the angels.

people will try to make senses out of something that is totally chaotic or random.

some people believe that peace is only a transient state/pause between wars.

people will also try to give a purpose for whatever they are doing.

war itself is costly(hardware and human) and destructive.

During the warring state periods in China, it is estimated to fight one year war will take 25 years of peace and production to prepare or re-coup.

--

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    now we need a little arab kid to sing about her paraplegic grandmother and dead family that were destroyed by jdams in an unprovoked attack from the great satan.

sorry, but everything aside, sentimental bullshit is all that little piece of junk was. Kid is likely a nice kid, mom's probably a real nice person and yep, she misses her bro.

Im sorry that you live in a country that practices a doctrine of pre-emptive strikes and I'm extra sorry when the continued rewards of that doctrine are reaped upon her and her family.

sorry sweety, but propoganda is all you are despite the sappy sentimentality.

poor kid. just doesn't get it.

it doesnt matter why someone is there when you bring it down to an individual level like that. the war is not the soldier and the soldier is not the war.
    where's my beer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wifCOrtJJE&NR

use of chemical weapon especially agent orange in vietnam.

"war is an act of terror and a crime against humanity" unknown.

"war is an instrument of grave danger. one may not be too careful." Sun Tzu.

Bin Ze Xiong Qi Ye.

--

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    it doesnt matter why someone is there when you bring it down to an individual level like that. the war is not the soldier and the soldier is not the war.
    what you say here is very true, however, this sentiment is reversed when one broadcasts it to the world on youtube.

as an individual, I do feel for the child.

as a piece of propaganda with an agenda, it's as goofy as any.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    what you say here is very true, however, this sentiment is reversed when one broadcasts it to the world on youtube.

as an individual, I do feel for the child.

as a piece of propaganda with an agenda, it's as goofy as any.
    i can't argue that. the sad little girl angle always gets right to me too ... its a weakness that's hard to guard yourself against once you have a daughter.
    where's my beer?