Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The myth of the standing arm break...

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Now you're confusing standing arm locks with a break.
    Either one- lock, break... the offer still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Poor misinformed Knifefighter. Don't you realize that if our Grandmaster pulled off a standing arm break 150 years ago we TMA people automatically get that ability just by doing forms or kata?
    Oh yeah... how silly of me.

Doo Wai and the white tigger style is now selling a DVD on 1001 effective standing arm breaks....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    LOL @ thinking the same guy couldn't have done the same thing with a sucker punch from behind while the guy was standing and exchanging with his opponent.

You guys are truly clueless.
    lol.....man you must love being a pit fighter...

I normally train every day... I'm sure I could fit him into a session.

BTW:
    200+ matches (not all MMA- learn to read)/25 years = 9 matches per year.
    Stickfigting and knife work for 25 years = somewhat of a high level.
    Trained with Dan for 8 years = know him pretty well.
    Dog Brothers gatherings 7 or 8 years: no confidant, though.
    3000 posts = much wasted time at work over too many years wasting much time arguing with idiots = idiot myself.
    You understood the context of my post. Wow, I am impressed

I think I’ve been coming here longer than you (not sure…though) I remember Ralek. I currently have 130 posts to my name.

You have almost 3000 posts denouncing **** near everything CMA on a site dedicated to CMA. Why?

Why would someone with your martial experience waste that kind of time and mental energy? I can’t comprehend this.

You can’t tell me that you haven’t walked away from your computer ticked off at what’s been said here…

Do you really care that much what unknown people (interment personalities) think about you or your words?

Does it matter that much that you had to post 3000 posts expressing your thoughts and beliefs?

I can see posting 3000 times if you are sharing good times and “no **** there I was stories” but you don’t.

Either you don't have the experience that you say you do or....you are pretty messed up in the head (.i.e. Priority wise …on what’s important )

and got no life....

I do not practice standing arm breaks (dislocations, locks, whatever) because I go into fights intending to use them. I do not train punching because I intend to hit people.

I train punching because I MAY have to punch someone and I train standing arm breaks because the opportunity may present its self in a fight. If someone is daft enough to leave their arm extended and hanging then it would be rude not to.

I do not train for fighting a specific opponent (sp) as people rarely give you a vid of them fighting to study before they mug you. I try to cover all area with my training and in my experience standing arm breaks occur.

I have used a standing joint break on the street when I was attacked with a knife. Luckily they weren't an MMA cage-fighting gorilla.

Who honestly goes into a real fight (except security peeps) with the intention of any outcome other than winning? I say except security as the onus may be on restraint. Who honestly starts a fight and expects to finish it with one predetermined technique?

Quote Originally Posted by laugarkuen View Post
    Who honestly starts a fight and expects to finish it with one predetermined technique?

i believe this is where the debate realy stems.

no one in thier right mind would enter a match, or if attacked try to pull of specific techniques. you do what you can, when you must, to the best of your ability. or you freeze and get MDK.

sometime it just so happens that the training for breaks/dislocations actually may come into play.

its an innevitability of statistics really.

now if we are talking premeditated standing arm breaks....not bloody likely, unless, as i have said before, you extremly outclass your opponent.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le View Post
    YWhy would someone with your martial experience waste that kind of time and mental energy? I can’t comprehend this.
    It's kind of like gambling. You know you're not going to win, but you waste a bunch of time doing it anyway.

I wonder if there is a 12-step program to stop arguing with idiots on a CMA forum.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 01-10-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laugarkuen View Post
    I have used a standing joint break on the street when I was attacked with a knife. Luckily they weren't an MMA cage-fighting gorilla.
    Wow! There sure are a lot of CMA guys who have broken arms on the street. And quite a few of them who have done it while being attacked with knives... not only that, but they never seem to even get cut. I guess those Filipino guys who specialize in knives really don't have a clue when they say that most people will get cut when encountering a knife wielding opponent. Of course, they have probably never seen a deadly kung fu knife disarm that allows all these guys to inflict massive damage without getting scratched.

One teacher even seems to specialize in having students who are attacked by thugs on the street and breaking their bones with brutal techniques learned only in forms. One of his guys even broke the arm, the jaw, and the ribs - all while being attacked by a knife wielding opponent... and this vicious barrage was all completed before the opponent even hit the ground.

I am surely impressed with all the deadly kung fu killers walking around... I guess they are better than those lowly sport trained guys afterall... boy have I been wasting my time with that stupid MMA type training.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 01-10-2007 at 11:49 AM.

Now you know why I don't worry about getting into a fight with Tito, he's afraid to leave his house.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

It's kind of like gambling. You know you're not going to win, but you waste a bunch of time doing it anyway.

I wonder if there is a 12-step program to stop arguing with idiots on a CMA forum.
    find it..... get it ...do it....

because you sound insecure......
    Last edited by hung-le; 01-10-2007 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Now you know why I don't worry about getting into a fight with Tito, he's afraid to leave his house.
    Now this is cool..

Knifefighter.... I didn't know you had a side kick.

or...

Rogue do you prefer to be called wingman...

just let us know...

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le View Post
    because you sound insecure......
    Of course I am insecure. I've been bombasting kung fu and I've just figured out there are all these deadly kung fu fighters out there who are probably going to break my arms, even if I try to fight them off with knifework- all while standing and fighting off all my MMA and BJJ cohorts who cannot harm them because they will remain standing (and of course they cannot be sucker punched from behind while attacking me) with all their superior rooting and mobility that comes from practicing their myriad forms techniques.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 01-10-2007 at 12:23 PM.

dont forget KF, you wont be able to cut us either
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!