Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The myth of the standing arm break...

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Yeah, I sure am missing out on all those deadly and easy techniques that no one can talk about.
    I am sooooo disappointed.
    No reason to be disappointed. Whatever you're doing seems to be working fine for you.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 01-03-2007 at 08:00 PM.

Oh, yeah. The deadly "combat" SJ guys can do all kinds of techniques that mere mortals who practice their "safe" techniques against resisting opponents cannot do.
    well If you cop any cool super secret whip azz techniques...let me know...till then....I think I'll stick to my sprawls, snapdowns and old school wizzers etc etc...

Wow, KF has turned into the ultimate attention whore.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    - Understanding the opportunate,
    - Catching the right timing,
    - Move your body in the right angle,
    - Apply the correct amount of force,
    - Remain proper balance,

Just don't come without hard training.

I have done more and harder training in regards to takedowns than you are ever likely to do in your life. That is why I can say that defending a single by trying to throw a knee at the opponent's elbow is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    This works just fine for me. Don't know what it has to do with breaking bones...

You might want to read his description again...

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Nope. It's way too vicious and easy to break.

Ah, that was a joke right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    I have done more and harder training in regards to takedowns than you are ever likely to do in your life. That is why I can say that defending a single by trying to throw a knee at the opponent's elbow is unlikely.
    If you spend time to train it then it may work for you some day. If you don't then it will never work for you.

Bwhahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!!
    Ah, another deadly "combat" technique.
    It may not be "deadly"" but won't be a pleasant one ant that's for sure.

Have you seen anybody died from a broken arm? I haven't.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-03-2007 at 08:46 PM.

If you spend time to train it then it may work for you some day. If you don't then it will never work for you.
    You're missing the point. But, please feel free to keep thinking that whatever you can pull off against the McDojo spaz is realistic.

It may not be "deadly"" but won't be a pleasant one ant that's for sure.
    Yeah, my arm was sore for a couple of weeks after that.

I don't know what KF is so on about with breaks since even BJJ and Judo have a ton of breaks. That's why they usually tap, because if they didn't, something would break. (Duh).

If you spend time to train it then it may work for you some day. If you don't then it will never work for you. You guys just love to argue before even giving yourself a chance to try it.
    I'd say we've got better things to do that spending inordinate amounts of time on B.S techniques.

Let's see, I can spend my training time practicing proven techniques that have been shown time and time again to work... or I can do hundreds of repetitions of your questionable "combat" techniques. Hmm, wonder which route I will choose.

Tell you what... submission tourneys are open to all and all of these techniques are legal in them.

How about you enter one of these and show the video of you actually making this stuff work against a resisting opponent?

Then we can take your "combat" techniques more seriously and give ourselves "a chance to try it."

Yeah, my arm was sore for a couple of weeks after that.

I don't know what KF is so on about with breaks since even BJJ and Judo have a ton of breaks. That's why they usually tap, because if they didn't, something would break. (Duh).
    Have a problem with reading comprehension, do you?

Go back and read my original post about how you can purposefully break someone's arm.

How about you enter one of these and show the video of you actually making this stuff work against a resisting opponent?

Then we can take your "combat" techniques more seriously and give ourselves "a chance to try it."
    Because honestly we don't care what you think, and don't want to share the breaks. It's pretty much that simple.

I calmly concede defeat at your debating hands, that you are the better person, most awesome fighter and only your BJJ and Judo sport fighting are any good.

Blog Entries
    I calmly concede defeat at your debating hands, that you are the better person, most awesome fighter and only your BJJ and Judo sport fighting are any good.
    That will also be my last words. Long live MMA, BJJ, and Judo.

That will also be my last words. Long live MMA, BJJ, and Judo.
    Yeah... God forbid you would actually go into an open grappling competition and show this working against other grapplers instead of hypothesizing behind your keyboard and with your compliant partners
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 01-03-2007 at 09:18 PM.

I showed a couple breaks from Shuai Chiao to some of the Judo guys. Pretty much everyone with 15 or more years experience knew them, none of the other guys did. One was a basic arm break, the other was a leg break. Not only does this stuff exist, it exists in multiple grappling arts.

So much like Santa found out about he M&M's, they're real, they do exist!
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon