Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avatar or Naruto

When you compare Naruto in its original audio (Japanese!!!!) to Naruto, it becomes apparent that Naruto's voice actors put way more emotion into their work, which translates into the overall quality of the show. I think that Avatar could improve in that sense. I enjoy both in their own way.

BTW: Naruto's fillers are over - finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar by a landslide. i agree with people who say Naruto has that gay Japanimation drama thing going for it. can't stand that. The writing for Avatar is clever as hell in my opinion. it isn't perfection, but the story even though tailored to children has depth in spades. sometimes silly, but very interesting and pretty well written.

did you hear about the Avatar movie coming out thats being directed by M. Night Sha-sumthin-sumthin.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    did you hear about the Avatar movie coming out thats being directed by M. Night Sha-sumthin-sumthin.
    Like the movie info, hate the director info. He just leaves you hangin'
    Iron Bridge, Iron Horse, 1000 lbs sitting, Fist like Hammer, Finger like Sword, Palm like knife, Claw like Hook, Eyes like Lightning, Fist like shooting Star, Body as supple as a Snake, Body alligned behind punch, Horse Stance 1000 lbs., Strong, but NOT stiff... Fast, but NOT weak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    M. NIGHT SHAMALAN HAS BEEN DEMOTED! Ahahahahahaha, hillarious. I always thought his recent movies were total crap, especially the Villiage. It's ironic that he is taking such an offer .

As to the original topic, I will only say this:

Both of the TV shows you mention are composed almost entirely of Chinese Martial Arts concepts. There are even characters who are named after Chinese Martial Arts. The difference is that only one show admits the obvious influence.

4 U Avatar fiends

4 new episodes are available at your local Blockbuster on 1 DVD. Your "fix" WILL be satisfied... at least temporarily. Nick is screwwing up on this, Big Time!!!
    Iron Bridge, Iron Horse, 1000 lbs sitting, Fist like Hammer, Finger like Sword, Palm like knife, Claw like Hook, Eyes like Lightning, Fist like shooting Star, Body as supple as a Snake, Body alligned behind punch, Horse Stance 1000 lbs., Strong, but NOT stiff... Fast, but NOT weak!!!

Both shows have Ba Gua in them... and I think that's cool. Avatar's just more realistic in the movement portrayals.

I'm enjoying Naruto Shippuden more than Avatar right now, primarily because there's tons of new stuff for me to check out and Avatar's pretty much dead in the water right now. The writer's strike basically killed that show I think. There's new episodes but you don't hear a peep about them on Nick.

Talking avatar

Dont wait for nick in the us. I think that Canada gets them first. Anyway, try out

www.avatarchapters.org

Pretty good and free.

Another thread

Hey all. Just to let you know, there is already an "Anime" thread and this one would probably be better off over there (even though Avatar technically isn't anime).
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

There's also another Avatar thread where we're actually discussing both series. I don't think this belongs in the martial arts anime thread mainly because that's an extremely general thread and this one is specific.

I'm a fan of both but I have watched a little more Naruto than Avatar to date. I can see the CMA influence in Avatar and I like it a lot. Naruto, whilst in the realm of Japanese martial arts, has a lot of appeal to anime fans. The action and fight sequences still beckon us to watch (those that like that stuff anyways). Plus, any opportunity for me to watch anime in Japanese is always a plus in my book.

I must set aside some time to watch...

Whether specific or not, the "anime" thread was to make it so everything was in one spot. It was meant to be a general thread where specifics could be discussed. I guess this one's here for now until someone decides to move it.

Two or more threads discussing the same topic...why?

Be good all.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Final installment

I've never really checked out Naruto. Looks like I'm 15 years behind.
    Believe it! After 15 years of ninja action, manga Naruto is ending next month
    Casey Baseel 13 hours ago

What if we told you that Sunday was being discontinued? Like, the day’s just being removed from the calendar forever. You’d be pretty bummed, right? Sure, it lacks the excitement of Friday night, or the pure, 100-percent freedom of Saturday, but most of us still look forward to Sunday as a fun point in our week.

Well, something similar is about to happen for manga fans. Naruto, creator Masashi Kishimoto’s wildly popular weekly ninja series, is just weeks away from its final installment.

When Naruto made its debut in the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump in 1999, it’s doubtful that even the most optimistic editors at the magazine expected it to last as long as it did. Stories about a plucky warrior in training, who teams up with his friends (one he has a rivalry with, and the other he has feelings for) to face evil foes and overcome challenges had already been done by numerous other series before Kishimoto ever drew sketches of main characters Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

The devil’s in the details, though, and while readers may have seen the broad strokes before, the fine points of Naruto struck a chord with readers and drew them in. It has had such a strong hold on fans that the manga now stands at 694 chapters, with 70 collected volumes that have sold more than 130 million copies in Japan, and another 70 million overseas.

▼ The complete collection (so far)

And now, after 15 years, it’s all coming to a close. Kishimoto announced two years ago that Naruto would be winding down, and this week publisher Shueisha announced that the manga’s 699th, and final, chapter will be published in the issue of Shonen Jump that hits newsstands on November 10.

Given that Kishimoto is just 39, it’s likely we’ll more manga from the artist after he takes a well-deserved break. Naruto and company aren’t going to immediately disappear altogether either, as there’s a new anime movie, The Last –Naruto the Movie scheduled for release on December 6. Shueisha has also promised some form of “Naruto entertainment” is coming in 2015.

But even though November 10 isn’t going to be a complete and final good-bye, it still marks a big change for fans who have become used to getting together with their ninja buddies once a week for the past decade and a half.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart