Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Myth of the CMA forum

The only real problem is that most of the people debating are nitwits and haven't advanced the argument very much beyond more derogatory remarks, which is really too bad because there's a lot more intelligent discussion that could be made.
    My sentiments exactly. We need more meat and potatoes and less insults in these discussions.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    My sentiments exactly. We need more meat and potatoes and less insults in these discussions.
    People don't want that... just look at the non-responses to my thread about multiple opponents.

Either that, or they aren't training the way they claim to train.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    The Xia: It's hard to say if there's more B.S. today, but my inclination is to agree with you. There's certainly more noise, and less challenge matches, both would seem to foster B.S. But at the same time, we don't have traveling jianghu like the daze of old, and many of them were clearly full of B.S. Anyway, you've been on this forum long enough to know my soft spot for ninjettes.

hung-le: Our focus at the magazine is CMA, but it would be a grievous error for us to ignore the MMA phenomena. In all honesty, that's where the most money is in the martial arts now, not in terms of selling product
    Loved the Meaningless fluff of a response

One more time.......Who do you work for? PRIDE, UFC or Kungfu Magizine?

I was going to comment on your response but as someone with only 130 posts with little time invested here .....

why bother...

Gene..."marketing" might what to look into it...
    Last edited by hung-le; 01-11-2007 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    We need more meat and potatoes and less insults in these discussions.
    Discussions will never settle this. This conversation changes when someone from X-family fist, Y-Pai or Z-animal style goes out and starts doing something.

Talk in the kwoon or online, what someone has done in the past or plans to do in the future is irrelevant.... how does CMA compare right now? We all know the answer to that, there's no need for discussion.

What all of you CMA folks should be discussing as a whole, or privately amongst your own clans is what are you going to do to get better?

This is a discussion I always have with myself. I learn what I need to learn. Now me and my students have a mix of E-Chuan stand up and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu ground fighting. I did what I had to do to get what I needed to stay relevant. It works and keeps getting better. We are open to compare and learn and continue to grow.

Anyone who is a teacher and not instilling this principle into their students is doing them a diservice. Without that mind set one can not be a martial artists.

Meaningless fluff of a response?

Ha! Bring it on, hung-le.

I wish we worked for Pride & UFC. We could use the advertising $. If you really want to support Kung Fu Tai Chi, subscribe. If you want to keep trolling me, bring it on, xiaoren.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by hung-le View Post
    Loved the Meaningless fluff of a response

What do you want him to do, tickle your balls and tell you everything is fine?

This topic is actually starting to annoy me because it represents the thing that bothers me the most: people living in a fog-like state, seemingly purposely oblivious to the fact that their actions and choices create their outcomes.

Let's cut the $hit!

There's a reason a person joins a school that wears gold silk uniforms and swings fake swords instead of one that has a cage built into it and everyone is strong, fit and healthy.......

There's a reason why people choose to go to a point sparring tournament instead of going to a Throwdown....

Do you know how rediculous it is to hear people complaining about MMA having too many rules when CMA tournaments are a ****ing joke! You can't even strike the front of the face? You can't capture kicks and slam someone. You can't even pull off a combo without the action stopping. Give me a ****ing break .... the last place these people want to find themselves is in a cage with one of Matt Serra's students.

Everyone here knows this. Now, either accept it or change it. But don't insult people who have extensive experience in both traditional Japanese, Chinese and modern hybrid styles with nonsense like Ralph Macheo's character is going to destroy Chuck Lidell with an eye gauge when he can barely survive point sparring.

Gene..."marketing" might what to look into it...
    Gene- care to comment on the "hits" concept?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    What do you want him to do, tickle your balls and tell you everything is fine?
    Easily Ray's best post of all time, and a candidate for top post ever here... someone must make this a sig line!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Who do you work for? PRIDE, UFC or Kungfu Magizine?

Pride MMA event
    http://ftpnews.homei.net.ua/uploads_...Frame58065.jpg
    notice audience

your typical Chinese martial arts tournament
    http://www.stlukeparish.org/stluke/i...icular/Gym.jpg
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Ha! Bring it on, hung-le.

I wish we worked for Pride & UFC. We could use the advertising $. If you really want to support Kung Fu Tai Chi, subscribe. If you want to keep trolling me, bring it on, xiaoren.
    Lol……lol…..Xiaoren?…lol…lol…..

Resorting to name calling and from the moderator of all people…Nice…I see where the problem stems from…..

Xiaochou……did I hit a nerve? Try a little fanxing next time…….

Ta ma de!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this one is my favorite madarin insult:

Wo xi wang ni man man si, dan kuai dian xia di yu!

Huh huh, you said wang.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

That's administrator to you, hung-le

And everything is fine. But no tickling. That's just not my style. hung-le, if you think there's a problem with this forum, why do you stay? I'm certainly not keeping you here. Especially with no tickling. But if you wish to keep trolling me, please do. I'm at your service.

Knifefighter, I'd love to comment on that, but I'm not clear on the comment. ""marketing" might what to look into it..."?? I'm going to assume that 'what' means 'want' and take it from there. First of all, CMA isn't really big enough to support us having a marketing department. We're hoping that it grows to be so someday. To get more on topic, surely a lot of people are put off by the trolling here. Fortunately, our website doesn't rely solely upon the forum traffic. Our moderators do the best they can to keep things maintained, as do we administrators, but frankly, trolls are like weeds. Most eventually exhaust themselves and move on, but new ones will replace them. I suppose you could argue that we should spend more time tending the garden here, and I'll concede that might make our magazine look better if we only had supporters and subscribers on the forum, but it wouldn't be much of a forum then, would it? We once discussed only offering the forum to subscribers, but I think that would kill the golden goose, frankly. If we can't take a little negative criticism, even from web trolls, that doesn't speak very loudly about our character.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Knifefighter, I'd love to comment on that, but I'm not clear on the comment. ""marketing" might what to look into it..."?? .
    That was someone elses comment. I was assuming you already were doing marketing and had revenue coming into the website based on traffic here.

Sorry KF, I misread your post

Most of the income that funds this forum comes from www.MartialArtsMart.com, of course. We do have some outside advertisers, which you'll see under our KungFuMagazine.com navigational bar, but those don't appear on the forum and they are inexpensive, so they don't really account for that much of our budget (although every little bit helps). Our topmost banner we sell at about $100+ a day and at that price, the only takers have been major film and game promoters for the debut week of their product. That being said, we don't really market website advertising. It markets itself. That's the thing about the web - viral marketing is the most powerful means for web marketing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips