Thread: Best way to lose half a Stone? (7/8 pounds)

Best way to lose half a Stone? (7/8 pounds)

Hey,

I have recently started a new job where I am much more sedentary, there are also long hours involved, therefore my training has reduced significantly over the last 5 months.

I have put on some weight, abs have disappeared, I am now the proud owner of some small but definite 'love handles', and I have put on weight round my face.

I was looking through some old photos, when I really noticed that I was going through a slightly 'heavier' stage.

so I want to do something about it, and cut about half a stone, I am currently 13 stone, and 12 1/2 would better suit my frame.

Obviously I don't want to loose the muscle, just shift the fat.

I was going cut the fatty foods, increase fruit veg and water intake, and do lots more skipping, cycling, running as well as what I used to spend most of my time doing, which was press ups, sit ups and chin ups, with a few dumb bell moves thrown in.

Will that do the trick?

Any advice much appreciated,

W

Weight Loss

Your plan is pretty sound William.

Weight loss is really very simple in most cases ( not all cases)...simply burn MORE calories than you TAKE IN.

Your plan appears to do just that.

*A sidenote* you can't really "shift" fat. Muscle and Fat are 2 distinctly different types of body tissue. Muscle is heavier for instance...and fat is reduced proportionately from the entire body as a whole during weight loss. Fat doesnt "turn into muscle nor visa-versa'

Our bodies are designed to stay in balance...so when you lose or gain weight..you will do so EVERYWHERE on your frame.

"Spot Fat Reducing is a myth." You will lose weight from your face, stomache, arms, legs, etc....as you reduce your caloric intake..and increase your exercise...the weight wil come off from almost everywhere .

Good luck and again...sounds like a great plan~

JD