Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Femmes

I guess firepalm was right

If chinadoll left just because of firepalm's flaming (which was actually fairly civil in comparison to many others) she didn't have any forum fu. Looks like Kung Fu Femmes can't hang with a forum. That's disappointing. I was really hoping a Kung Fu Femme could hang here. I'd have offered them a shot at being showcased in our Make an Impression campaign. chinadoll was answering well, but never transcended this thread. Seems Kung Fu Femmes can only spam plugs for themselves.

I'll merge all the Kung Fu Femmes the threads, just to keep things neat and tidy. If you're going to read ads, might as well get the whole story.

I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed by chinadoll's farewell, or the disturbing revelation that firepalm doesn't like girls.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

KUNG FU FEMMES Welcomes All Input

Hi Gene and Forum,

I think Chinadoll signed off because she probably thought we were taking up to much time on this forum. We're happy to keep going if you'd like us to.

I just want to put it out to the forum that we do very much appreciate the constructive criticisms and suggestions that are offered.

Having run KFF for two and a half years, I gotta tell ya it's a lot harder than it looks.

Comparing us to KA and big budget actions films is like comparing a hot dog stand to a French cuisine restaurant, and I say that with relish (pardon the pun).

Yes, we've done a lot of stick work because the stick props are safer than using swords. I make them myself starting with plastic nylon rod or PVC pipe, 1/4" foam rubber, and a vinyl sheath.

Hey, maybe we should start a thread about making rubber weapons.

We are trying to move away from sticks now because it has become redundant. The problem is, it's hard to find seasoned swordswomen and we don't have the time to train them.

The biggest challenge is finding female performers who are skilled, stunning, dynamic, reliable and oh, yeah -- affordable.

You would think that there is an abundance of such ladies here in Los Angeles, but that's far from the case.

Most models are afraid they'll get their noses broken if they do our show.

We've auditioned women martial artists who either aren't pretty or refuse to wear anything but a ghi at our shows.

Also, we've had a couple of female black belts who weren't good performers and looked very mechanical onstage.

On the other hand, we've had women dancers with little or no martial arts experience who turned out to be terrific performers.

In addition, we get women who spend a couple of weeks with us and then drop out, forcing us to start all over again with new ladies. Lord knows we've had our share of flakes, slackers and divas.

I say sincerely that Chinadoll is one the finest performers we've ever had in KUNG FU FEMMES. She is beautiful, athletic, superbly skilled and a joy to work with.

Chinadoll's spirit and enthusiasm have been a lift to me many times when I felt like throwing in the towel. She is a gift to any director lucky to cast her.

What we're struggling to do now is get KFF up to the next level and quality that your members have urged us to achieve.

The difficult thing is I'm am not independently wealthy. Everything costs money and quality usually demands it.

I normally work two jobs, sometimes three, just to keep up with the costs of KFF (rehearsal space, costumes, press kits, postage, DVDs, Internet, bottled water, snacks, etc.).

During the week I make do with 3-5 hours of sleep.

Let me say though, it is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE when you're sitting in front of a stage at a club or convention and you watch the girls on.

The charge you get from seeing them out there, and knowing you had something to do with it, man, it's better than sex.
    Last edited by tonylaudati; 01-30-2007 at 02:58 PM.

taking up to much time on this forum

Such is the nature of forums, especially a martial forum. We're all here. Some of us train too. A few of us are quite good. It's a nooB move to run away and say "farewell" (it's a troll move to say "I'm gonna leave" and stay - if chinadoll is pulling that one, kudos to her). Frankly, sign offs are for losers, and that's the reality of netiquette, plain and simple.

If you want to play, you got to give a little more. You've got to earn respect. The only way you're going to do that is to keep on going. Honestly, it's the only real measure we have here in the blogosphere - persistence. The real world is another matter. A lot of people promote themselves here. The whole forum is really a promotion for MartialArtsMart.com and Kung Fu Tai Chi. But you'll see me here making plenty of comments on other subjects than things I'm trying to sell, like this thread. That's how I earn a readership. If I just posted ads all the time, it would detract from my validity as a member, even given the fact that I'm an Administrator here.

That being said, I think there is a past thread on making rubber weapons. Extra points if you can find it in the archive. Meanwhile, if you could elaborate on your "better than sex" comment, tonylaudati, I'm sure firepalm would be very interested.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Lol

PS - Shaolinsky / Sybil I liked your quote (up top) so much I had to add it to my signature. A gem really!!!
    Ok, that made me laugh.

KUNG FU FEMMES on USA Network

KUNG FU FEMMES Rehearsal Montage on YouTube

Last edited by tonylaudati; 06-18-2007 at 03:10 AM.

nice man. looks like the ladies are coming together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Now thats my kind of training right there bro!

A pity PHP is no good for hollywood, none of my classmates look good in pink shorts with a green sock tied around their chest.

Quote Originally Posted by HOKPAIWES View Post
    Now thats my kind of training right there bro!

A pity PHP is no good for hollywood, none of my classmates look good in pink shorts with a green sock tied around their chest.

yeah im sure neither of us look good in pink shorts with green socks tied around our chest.

if gene is reading this, it will bring back bad memories to the sports bra picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

KUNG FU FEMMES Anime Vegas Show on YouTube

Please watch the highlights of our show at the 2007 Anime Vegas Convention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCY7A2f7MOM

KUNG FU FEMMES - Go for the kill!

Regards,

Tony Laudati
    Producer/Director
    KUNG FU FEMMES

WTF, dude.

Could you please give some more information before I get too curious and recklessly click your link?

The guy they beat up is better than them.

oh boy

Here we go again. Coming to a high school or city sponsored event hall near YOU. ex strippers and retired( or fired from gyms cardio kick box instructors) performing in front of geeky animae guys who will drool and fanatsize about them for generations to come

STILL looking for sponsorship i see. I highly reccomend you go talk to Billy Blanks and get some top notch marketing ideas from HIM. Brotha cashed IN on the world of women wanting to get in shape.

Peas, TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

How did you find women with no rhythm?

c'mon, man just a little more practice please!
    Mr. T invented fools, then feeling bad about it, invented pity

http://www.cansfordan.com

http://www.fightfordan.com

Why did you pick such a despicable venue?