Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feng Shui

Andy Johnson Guest

Fung Shui

Anyone know alot about Fung Shui?

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Why do you ask?

Kung Lek Guest
    Feng Shui is the art of harmonizing all that you surround yourself with , with yourself and the environment you are in.

It's the little things, like where a lamp gets placed and it's big things like architecture and where a door is and where the stairs lead to and how high the peak of the roof is and whether or not the shadow of the building is covering another and all sorts of stuff.

It is essentially about harmony with the environment though.

why, you got elvis on velvet paintings in your house and you are wondering if they affect the Feng Shui of the room? hahahaha, well they do! kidding, if ya like elvis paintings, make sure they are in a room that suits them.

peace

Kung Lek

EARTH DRAGON Guest

Feng Shuii

I am rearanging my house in according to feng shuii principles.
    does any one else use this for their home or office and if so do you have any suggestions?
    also am I trying to speed up or slow down chi movement throughout the house or both? and How? thank you for your help

http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Mojo Guest
    Earth Dragon
    My good friend Dr. Roger West is one of the top Feng Shui guys in L.A.
    His web site is...
    http://www.westfengshui.com/
    You can contact him through his web site to ask questions if you want.
    I'm going to see him this Saturday and ask him about the WTC's Feng Shui.

Zhin Guest

Black Hat

Pay no attention to Black Hat Feng Shui. They are the people who push using the bagua as a map to re-arranging your house. Finding a reputable Feng Shui Practitioner can be very hard, since the historical legend is that one of the Chinese Emperors got all the best Feng Shui Masters together, and asked them to write a book summarizing their knowledge. He then killed them all, and memorized the book, burning it when he was done.

Black hat Feng Shui was created in Berkeley in the 60's or 70's, by some guy who is now a billionaire, surrounded by his devout female followers. I kid you not.

Feng Shui

I know someone who is very interested in learning about Feng Shui. There are apparently two schools of thought, one that is based around the location of the front door and one that is based on the house in relation to North and South. Is there a preffered method? Does anyone know the main differences of each?
    thanks,
    adam
    "That is because you are stupid"
    -Zorro

i think you'll find that they're both elements of the same feng shui, along with a lot of other considerations.

Schools of Feng Shui

The traditional Chinese Compass School of FS has a tool known as a Pa Kua which you place over your house plans on a North South Alignment, this then tells you which aeas of your house relate to which aspects of your life (e.g the north is your career, the south is your fame area etc.). This system is thousands of years old and originated in China.

The Black Hat school uses the same tool but refers to it as a Bagua and the career area (whch is north on the compass school) is aligned to the front door on the plan with the centre of the bagua in the centre of the house. This is a much more recent school (developed in the mid 1980s).

The location of the front door is important to both schools but the Black Hat School will actually turn the Bagua to the front door to set out the areas of the house.

Different FS practitioners use different schools, a traditional chinese pactitioner will use the compass school, the Black Hat school seems to be more popular with western practitioners.

In addition there is also the Form School which relates to the landscape around the house. As to which theory works best, I cant say (I have herd of some practitioners combining both schools) but I have herd positive and negative comments about both schools.

I hope this goes some way to explaining the basics but a good teaching academy would be able to advise your friend then I can here.

All the best

Outcast

I'm thinking of building a house soon, if I'm reading you correctly Outcast your take on Feng Shui would lean toward putting the front door to the North?
    Anyone have any good websites with some decent basic pointers for someone planning a home?

Hi Radhnoti

Putting the door to the north would get around the problem of which school of FS you use, but there are a couple of things worth bearing in mind:

The traditional chinese consultant will work out which are auspicious and un-auspicious directions for your front door from your own birthday (north may not actually be on of your auspicious directions). It just depends if you like to stick to the traditional school or if you feel more comfortable with the modern way of thinking.

Also putting the door to the north may not suit the site or your desired house layout.

I would be more interested in the site to begin with. This means getting to grip with the Form School. I wouldnt want to choose a site where I was overshadowed or overlooked, or where other environmental influences could cause problems (heavy traffic near by, overhead powerlines, high risk of flooding, too exposed etc). I am also a dowser so there are other unseen factors I would look for.

If you want further information I could come up with a few book titles which could help. I am afraid most FS web sites I have seen tend not to go into finding a location and building a home, more moving the furniture, astrology and applying FS cures. I will keep my eye open incase I see a useful one

Hope ths is of some use

Cheers

Outcast

Outcast,

First of all, thanks for bothering to answer. I'd be interested in a book title or two, if you don't mind making the recommendations.
    I decided not to PM or e-mail you in case someone else is following along or interested later.

Thanks again.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

I have a book by Stephen Skinner called "Feng Shui", this is a beginners book which teaches the traditional approach. It covers Compass school, the five elements, astrology etc. Its easy reading and not too expensive (I have found copies in cheap book shops for about Ģ6.00)

For a BHS book try Carole J Hyder "Wind and Water-Your Personal Feng Shui Journey"

There is a magazine called Feng Shui for Modern Living, I havent bought a copy for a while now but that covered the basics as well as giving you the usual interviews articles etc. It may be worth picking up a copy.

The magazine also released some Feng Shui software which is OK. I bought a copy and installed it at work, I quite enjoyed using that (the folks at work loved the chinese astrology and how it worked out what kind of day you would/could have). It also gave a good introduction to the basics and the FS schools. If your interested in this maybe see if Feng Shui fo Modern Living have a web site as you could order it from there.

It also may be worth taking a foundation course if there is a good school near you and your interested enough to spend a little more money (I found that the best introduction to be honest)

I hope these are useful, if I can be of any further help do feel free to ask.

14. Thumbs up Feng Shui (what about)

Any thoughts appreciated.

Going to do some study...

It seems everyone is not happy with this kind of oriental art either http://www.qi-****.com/
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

15. Thumbs up

Oh great,that link was infected somehow...

http://www.qi-w-hiz.com/

(just delete the "-")
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-