Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninjas!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    You know Japan is a first world country. They do have modern technology and...oh my gosh! People smart enough to develop and use it Who are those guys? Oh yeah, scientists and engineers. **** and I thought only Americans had those.

You would be one so presumptuous to think that others could not be so far along on thought to even question their own society and wonder if it is truly the correct way.

This bit of utterly irrelevant nonsense is not helping your case, champ.

Oh I'm well aware that stats show 80-85% of the Japanese populace practice either Buddhism or Shinto. I'm also well aware that its one of the national religions, or at least was. World War 2 did a number on it though. But again, that still doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of people which are questioning those beliefs and yes believe them to be at times extreme, archaic and in this case cultish.
    LOL! He not only provides evidence against his own case, but he then proceeds to reveal a fundamental misunderstanding of the issue itself. Well done.

There are a lot of reasons that could go into this aside from the Atheists...Most people identify themselves as Buddhist even if they practice Shinto traditions. Why? Look it up yourself I'm not Shinto, personally I think Buddhism at times can be a bit gloomy for my taste. And its about impossible to seperate the Buddhist from the Shinto in a persons life as it has become so interwoven in culture..most people do practice both. Also Buddhism despite being imported, is much more standardised in its structure. Shintoism doesn't (or at least historically didn't) have a defined doctrine. There isn't much known about its origins. Shinto practices weren't standised until the 19th century. And even now actual practices can still vary by location.

Wiki-interesting, professor...

But you know what, even more the problem with that 85% statistic is that it doesn't take into account the human element. A lot of people there aren't any different than here. They aren't really religious but they say yeah, I'm a Buddhist or Shinto or whatever.
    Now, in addition to misunderstanding the issue, he is just flat-out guess about things. LOL!

I'm not going to question everyone between Osaka and Tokyo just so you can get your suitable sample.
    ...admitting that his previous comments were unfounded...

A person can only base of their own experiences. Anything other than that and they are just taking someones word for it.

Oh? Is that how it works, professor?

Now for the people denying ninjas existance. I don't know what to tell you about that...its pretty cut and dry. Some do some don't.
    I'm sure you could find some people in the US who don't believe the Minutemen existed, but that means nothing. You fail again.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    Bujinkan sucks big time. I studied it for 9 years got my shodan in 96. I wish I had spent that time doing judo instead. First off they don't spar only do out dated partner fake fights. There is no kind of conditioning. So all Bujinkan members are out of shape. There are no solo form to practice. No competition you can enter.

So you can't fight with it. It doesn't get you in shape. It's not a art form. But it's cool to play ninja.

Also when you are training with a partner they start giving you correction. Makes you want to just start beating the guy and say **** all this kata bull****.
    First of all the way you train differs from dojo to dojo, i know at mine we did a lot of Randori ( sparring) and sorry man but if you spent 9 years and only got to shodan......well it may not be the art that's the problem.
    "You have sought out a sacred life, a Way that is immovable achivied only from the pure heart. You should seek humiliation, rather than glorification, annominity , rather than fame, the humble mind, not the beautiful mind. As the peddles of a cherry blossem fall, so shall you"

I can prove I trained 9 years and got my shodan from Ny Budo under John Peir Seibel In 96. My first teacher was Brain Stein in Long Island. I have my rank from Japan right in my dressor here in Beijing where I live and train in Shuai Jiao under Liu Xue You at the Chao Yang Sport Center and Bagua under Zhang Shen Li.

So many Bujinkan people talk about randori. Do you mean that exercise when one guy throws a punch at you and you do whatever you want. Out of maybe 10 dojos I have been to only one sparred.Do you have any videos of your group doing randori.

If you still don't believe I am a shodan ion Bujinkan you can go to e-budo and ask around or I will find a way to copy my rank and post it here. This is a video of me sparring in Beijing Shuai Jiao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCPuk-mfWXA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiefVcI2TbU

O I see I should have got my 15th dan and then I really could kick some butt. The fact is a blue belt in Bjj would kick any 15th dan ass in bujinkan. I'm willing to put money on this.

Really if you have mats and training partners why not just work your techniques and then roll or do randori. Why would you waste your time doing all that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    O I see I should have got my 15th dan and then I really could kick some butt. The fact is a blue belt in Bjj would kick any 15th dan ass in bujinkan. I'm willing to put money on this.

Really if you have mats and training partners why not just work your techniques and then roll or do randori. Why would you waste your time doing all that nonsense.
    okay look i never said i don't believe you're a shodan. i was saying it really shouldn't take 9 years to reach your level. you should've been WAY past that. that is something to be said about your sensei. secondly about the bjj guy......this is my take , all martial arts are the same.....meaning they are based on the same principle ie; don't get hit, and hit back inflicting the most about of damage, with the least amount of force. pretty much any martial art has this core. so given that all martial arts have this core (except maybe for a few odd balls) if they are excecuted CORRECTLY they will be effective self defense movements. therefore the Tae Kwon Do fighter, Shaolin monk, Muay Thai fighter, Ju jutsu fighter, and Ninja are all effective arts, the difference is on the fighter and how well he understands the anatomy of combat. also how well the information was passed down. i don't care if you're the greatest martial artist ever, if your teacher is......ME you'll lose in a fight every time. Itcomes down to you, how well do you know what's happening when you're in a fight. In conclusion don't make the mistake of thinking one art is more superior than another, if that's your thought then there's an art out there bertter than yours, it's the fighter. Can a bjj guy take out a Ninja....sure, can a Ninja take out a monk...sure and on, and on......
    "You have sought out a sacred life, a Way that is immovable achivied only from the pure heart. You should seek humiliation, rather than glorification, annominity , rather than fame, the humble mind, not the beautiful mind. As the peddles of a cherry blossem fall, so shall you"

Lol at Kungfuninja - he's taken you all for a ride.

LOL at resurrecting a thread that's been dead for nearly 2 years.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I can't believe i read through that post. I feel dirty all over now and 10% more dumb. I just felt my IQ drop. Wow, just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Lad View Post
    Lol at Kungfuninja - he's taken you all for a ride.
    this guy lives near me

i challenge him first
    hahahahah at leeds united (should get him going)

anyways i challenge everyone anywhere ever ........ever
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Andy View Post
    Oh student Mega_Fist, you have learned well but the spiritual is still not complete within the "Zoul". More training required methinks. Chinese judo is rubbish, send the chins back to chinatown and I'll judo-kick them.
    i challenge you to an interperetive dance off

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    I can't believe i read through that post. I feel dirty all over now and 10% more dumb. I just felt my IQ drop. Wow, just wow.
    u have realised the true power of tiger spiritual shaolin-ninjutsu-boxing-judokick fu

THE IQ DROP

quickly look away from the screen
    like now

no
    sertiously

NOW
    stop reading all the time i'm saying NOW

see why did you look at that just NOW ?

i fear for your mind
    stop seriously

RIGHT NOW

ok youve looked at it for too long i'm immune but by now i suspect u are brain dead

**** you mega-fist-foot-kungfuninja-johntakeshi-fightinglad

HOW MANY MORE MUST FALL LIKE THIS ?! BEFORE YOU END YOUR REIGN OF TERROR
    **** YOU AND YOUR MASTERS DEGREE

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuninja View Post
    Also, i am currently studying ninja boxing wiv my mate john
    You aren't even trying anymore, are you?

The tiger of the mind is the spiritual of the mind of the essence of the enlightenment of the tiger of the spiritual.
    Last edited by NJM; 09-03-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    I took Budo Taijutsu lessons for about a year from someone who learned in the Genbukan system, It's a split off from the Bujenkan Dojo. The founder is one of Hatsumi's old friends until they had a parting of the ways.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    There is a Genbukan Dojo about an hour away from where I live. It's in a very rural area (area called Burgin, Ky), nothing but horse farms and open country around it. It got to expensive driving an hour each way twice a week. Classes were fun though. It was taught in a real relaxed manner. Not real formal and only a small group of student (5 students in all).