Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninjas!

Hi Gene

It could be me .

lol Fh4!

Because I was going to say that posting on the forum here that you are a ninja is akin to telling people you are a secret agent. The very stating of such a detail invalidates the statement.

I reward your reply with news of the purple ninja radish.

Babé Farms launching new Purple Ninja radish
    by Christina DiMartino | September 29, 2015

It takes an innovative, broad-minded company to stay at the leading edge in the specialty produce arena, and Babé Farms Inc., a grower, packer and shipper of specialty vegetables, headquartered in Santa Maria, CA, is known for doing just that. The company continually adds new and unique products to its already vast line of colorful, flavorful and highly nutritious products.

Ande Manos, marketing and new business development director, said the company’s latest addition to its line is the Purple Ninja radish.

“This is a perfect fit with Babé Farms brilliant rainbow of gourmet radishes,” said Manos. “Torpedo in shape, and aptly named for its spicy kick of flavor, the Purple Ninja has a purple exterior with a light purple interior flesh. The beautiful color of this radish makes it the perfect edible garnish. Julienned it’s perfect for ceviche, or slice thinly and garnish seared scallops.”

She noted that the Purple Ninja radish will be featured at the Babé Farms booth, No. 3438, at the annual Produce Marketing Association Fresh Summit in Atlanta on Oct. 23-25.

Early November, Manos noted, will mark the close of the local baby squash season in the Santa Maria Valley.

“But, starting in mid-November, Babé Farms will be offering baby squash from the Baja growing region for the late fall and winter season,” she explained. “The squash varieties will include baby green zucchini and baby yellow and green summer squash. These are packaged in cello perforated bags and will be available in two, five-pound bags to the case and one, five-pound bag to the case.”

She stressed that advance orders are required for these items and encourages those interested to contact Babé Farms Specialties sales for more information.

The creation of Babé Farms Specialties can be credited to its visionary founder, Will Souza, a third-generation farmer from a pioneer farm family in the Santa Maria Valley, CA.

With over 600 SKUs and growing, it is one of the busiest specialty vegetable farming operations on the West Coast.

“Babé Farms was one of the first companies to introduce packaged European salad mixes, or mesclun, hand-selected specialty greens and a colorful array of baby vegetables into the United States and Canada,” said Manos.

Today the company is owned by founding partner Judy Lundberg-Wafer and her son, Jeff Lundberg.

Jeff Lundberg is the president and chief executive officer, and he oversees all aspects of the farming operation and business. Judy Lundberg is the chairman of the board and remains actively involved in the day-to-day operations. The company has maintained its family style business culture over the years. Many of the employees from the field, administrative and sales staff have been with the company for well over 20 years.

“Babé Farms welcomes customers and chefs to come visit our colorful farm fields in the Santa Maria Valley,” said Manos. “We strongly believe in educating and engaging our customers and end-users in our unique farming program, to see firsthand how our over 70 varieties of specialty vegetables we grow from seed, to sale and to the plate.”
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The Ninja Council may just need its own thread here soon.

Newly established Japan Ninja Council promises to be your one-stop website for all things ninja
    Master Blaster
    16 hours ago

When you think of “cool Japan,” it’s hard to overlook ninjas, those stealthy spies and assassins with more tricks up their sleeve than a magician in a parka. And yet it seems these timeless icons of Japanese culture have largely been overlooked by the national government’s Cool Japan in favor of AKB48 spin-offs and abacuses.

So instead, a band of 11 Japanese governors and mayors have assembled to create the Japan Ninja Council (JNC) with the sole aim of reminding everyone how cool ninjas are. Having officially launched on 9 October they aim to collect every bit of information on ninjas, including their history and culture, and provide it to anyone who wants to learn more about these elusive figures.

All 11 founding fathers of the JNC took part in an opening ceremony last Friday to celebrate its birth. They include the governors of Kanagawa, Shiga, and Saga Prefectures along with the mayors of Odawara, Ueda, Iga, Koga, and Ureshino. The council will be led by its president, Mie Prefecture Govenor Eikei Suzuki, and vice-president, former Japan Tourism Agency Commissioner Hiroshi Mizohata. Rounding out the group is prominent kabuki actor Ichikawa Ebizo the Eleventh in a supporting role.

▼ Most members decided to look the part for the council’s launch

Unfortunately since they decided to launch on a Friday before a long weekend, nothing much has happened yet. The JNC website “ninja-official.com” is up but only has a brief history of ninjas and a video about a ninja weapons show in Iga. It is a fairly cool video though.

▼ “Cool Japan” is people chucking ninja stars at each other.

The also have a Twitter and Facebook account set up, but so far nothing has been posted on either.

▼ Here we have a rare, unsullied Twitter feed. I love that new-account scent.

It should be interesting to see how the website grows as the JNC continues to network with ninja related businesses and organizations. The target is to reignite a “ninja-boom” in Japan leading up to the 2020 Olympics, when the world’s eyes will be on the country. Starting just after the hugely successful ninja-themed manga series Naruto ended probably wasn’t the best timing, but ninjas are cool enough that they can probably still pull it off.

With the goal of luring tourists and their lovely gold coins into ninja-themed attractions and shops, it would be a safe bet that English translations should hit the website in the not-to-distant future. But these ninjas are cagey, so you just never know what they’ll do next.

Meanwhile, the national government’s Cool Japan initiative (which has no connection to the JNC) will be holding a Wonder 500 exhibition in Toyama on 6 November. It will showcase various local products from around the country, including five kinds of umbrellas!

Japan Ninja Council
    Official WebsiteTwitter
    Facebook

Source: Narinari.com, METI/Cool Japan (Japanese)
    Top image: Japan Ninja Council
    Images: Japan Ninja Council, The Wonder 500, Odawara City Official Website
    Video: YouTube/Kunihiro Tateishi
    Ninja gear. You know where to get it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ninja Girl in Kansas

There's vid too, if you follow the link.

Anonymous ninja girl turning heads in Pittsburg
    Updated: Oct 28, 2015 3:14 PM PDT
    By Carly Willis, ReporterCONNECT

PITTSBURG, KANSAS -
    She frequents Pitt State's campus but can also be seen flipping off of dumpsters at local restaurants. Pittsburg's self-proclaimed ninja girl has been frequent on social media over the past few months.

"I've seen her inside of the student center, doing somersaults and I've seen her around the oval a few times," PSU student Kyle Hostetler said.

If she has an audience, she may even show off a bit of parkour: the act of flipping, running and jumping around obstacles.

"She actually showed up on my lawn one time and did some parkour and tricks for us then ran off to the stadium so it was pretty impressive," another PSU student, Shannon Mack said.

Because of her outgoing personality and anonymous costume, people think she's trying to get attention. Multiple times she extended a high-five only to get a shaken head in return.

"If it brings attention to my story and my anti-bullying, then its good and that's why I don't tell my name, because I don't want attention, I just want the story to be known," she said.

Her story is a sad one, of bullying and humiliation. Her ninja costume covers scars from being stabbed with pencils. Originally from Lamar, she moved schools frequently as a child and as a self-proclaimed "total ****", found that not everyone shared her humor. The end of one school day with her classmates is forever in her mind.

"They were sticking gum in my hair, then when I got off the bus, they were beating me in the back with sticks," she said, "I just felt unsafe going to school and I felt like there was no escape. I ended up being put in the hospital for attempted suicide."

The bullying got so bad that she finished school online to avoid having to see her taunters everyday. This mostly goes unknown, and once a few PSU students learned of it, their entire attitude about her changed.

"Some people just ignore her, or make fun of her. Knowing that now, it makes me want to say go for it and do it because bullying is still a very serious thing in America. And obviously in college it's still alive and well," Mack said.

Her flips and parkour around benches, trees and walls on campus is all part of her master plan.

"I'm training for America Ninja Warrior, and the prize if you complete the course is a million dollars. I want to donate half a million back to 'Stomp Out Bullying", she said.

But she has a few years ahead of her. Ninja Girl is only 16, making the hurtful comments and quips from passerbys sting even worse.

"It's like, you're bullying the anti-bullying ninja. I'm 16. This is pathetic," she said.

In the time being, her agenda is quite simple.

"I go out everyday and try to make someone's day," she said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ninja Festival

This looks so fun.

There's a Ninja Festival This Weekend in Japan
    Brian Ashcraft
    Filed to: NINJA 11/18/15 6:00am

Got plans, Tokyo residents? You do now.

While all most people know about ninja is probably “wrong,” this weekend in Tokyo’s Ueno Park, there is a Ninja Festa.

Recently, there have been ninja festivals in Japan (typically Mie Prefecture, traditionally a hotbed of ninja activity, but earlier this year there was one in Osaka).

What do you do at ninja festival? Here is a look at past festivals.

[Photo: bell0611]

Like at most festivals, there are food stalls. But that’s not all...

[Photo: yakoneco]

You can listen to ninja songs.

[Photo: konpota110]

Watch ninja moves.

[Photo: qess0515]

Make ninja friends.

[Photo: usagitv]

Good times.

[Photo: Ninja Festa]

One of those dogs is more ninja than the others.

Maybe, you can watch a deadly ninja marching band.
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

continued from previous

[Photo: yauko_o]

Blow darts.

[Photo: 77Amaou]

So cute, so deadly.

[Photo: kuronekodaisuki]

You can check out ninja cars.

[Photo: showchick]

This isn’t as stealthy as it should be...

[Photo: budou_nin]

Ninja booze!

Do not be fooled. Ninja baby will kill you.

[Photo: konpota110]

This really seems like a wonderful way to spend the day.

Goodness.

[Photo: yohsukei]

Precious ninja memories.

According to Random News, the Ninja Festa runs this Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in Ueno Park. You won’t necessarily be able to do all the activities pictured above, but you’ll probably have a good time, regardless.

Top photo: konpota110
    This must go on the bucket list.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ninja parade

Ninja squad parades in plain sight for Tokyo promotional tour
    December 07, 2015

By KOICHI IITAKE/ AJW Staff Writer
    They’re famed for creeping around in the dead of night, but nearly 100 “ninjas” were less than covert as they captured the attention of the weekend throng in central Tokyo.

The costume-clad “spies” took to the capital’s streets on Dec. 6 to promote the two best-known historical homes to ninja, Iga and Koka, both in Western Japan.

The tour in such Tokyo districts as the Harajuku district was part of an activities program endorsed by the Japan Ninja Council. The council was set up in October with the participation of 10 local governments, including Iga, Mie Prefecture, and Koka, Shiga Prefecture.

The program’s events are designed to promote the history of ninja in feudal society ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

“Harajuku is closely associated with Iga ninja,” said Yasaka Inagaki, managing director of the Iga-Ueno Tourist Association, based in Iga, which was also a founding member of the council. Inagaki took the initiative of organizing the excursion in collaboration with the Koka City Tourist Association.

"Are they ninja?” foreign tourists cried out and began taking pictures of the squad as they suddenly appeared in the Shibuya Ward district, a major fashion center in Tokyo packed with young people.

Yuji Yamada, a professor at Mie University and an expert on ninja studies, acted as a tour guide. He explained that what is now called Harajuku was the land given to a group of guards originating from Iga ninja who were assigned to guard Edo Castle in the Edo Period (1603-1867).

As well as people from Iga and Koka, ninja fans from in and around Tokyo participated in the event.

Other sites that the ninja squad visited included Hatonomori Hachimanjinja shrine, historically related to Koka ninja, in Shibuya Ward. Yamada said the descendants of Koka ninja were leading parishioners of the shrine.

The participants also paraded past Jingu Stadium, the home baseball park of the Central League's Yakult Swallows.

The area containing the stadium’s site formerly was a shooting range used by those originating from Koka ninja, who were also assigned to protect Edo Castle, said Yamada.

More pix if you follow the link
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This is dated but worthy of posting here

Not sure how I missed this one...

Female ninja the star at 'shuriken' throwing competition in Mie
    November 10, 2015
    By MASANORI HIUCHI/ Staff Writer

Junko Ryu wins the Iga-ryu Shuriken Uchi Senshuken Taikai (Iga-style ninja star throwing championship) held in Iga, Mie Prefecture, on Nov. 8. (Masanori Hiuchi)

IGA, Mie Prefecture--In just her first attempt, Junko Ryu became the first “kunoichi” female ninja to win the annual “shuriken” star-throwing championship here.

Ryu, a 21-year-old from Ureshino, Saga Prefecture, was tops among the 40 finalists at the seventh Iga-ryu Shuriken Uchi Senshuken Taikai (Iga-style ninja star throwing championship) held on Nov. 8 at the Ninja Museum of Igaryu in Iga.

Iga is famed as the traditional home of a renowned ninja clan in feudal Japan.

“I am so happy,” said Ryu, also known as Oryo, as she held the solid gold ninja star awarded as a trophy. “I was really nervous, but I threw my ninja stars with confidence. I hope my victory will encourage other kunoichi.”

Although it was her first participation in the competition, Ryu is no stranger to the practice.

An employee of Hizen Yume Kaido, a ninja-theme park in Ureshino, Ryu regularly performs in ninja shows and teaches visitors how to throw the ninja stars.

The competition has been held since 2009 by the Igaueno Tourist Association to promote tourism in the city and spread ninja star throwing as a sport.

This year, qualifying events were held from June through September in seven locations, including Osaka and Aichi prefectures and Tokyo, in which a total of 283 contestants competed.

Entrants throw a 47-gram stainless ninja star to a target five times at a distance of 6 meters for males and 5 meters for females.

In the final competition, contestants are required to wear ninja outfits. They are also judged on how they chant the Kuji Goshin-bo mantra and other aspects of the ninja tradition.

Takanori Kito, a 43-year-old office worker from Ichinomiya, Aichi Prefecture, took second place. In third place was Koki Noguchi, a 14-year-old junior high school student from Yokohama. The student entered the competition under the ninja name Yaen no Sasuke.

By MASANORI HIUCHI/ Staff Writer
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ninja Academy! For real!! IN JAPAN!!!

Believe it! Now you too can become a ninja at the Ninja Academy in Nara Prefecture
    Scott Wilson 3 days ago

There’s no sexy-no-jutsu training here.

The life of a ninja has to be pretty sweet. You get to sneak around on rooftops in the night, go on top secret missions, throw shuriken at bad guys, and, if Naruto is to be believed, you can even summon huge animals to fight for you and defeat people with the power of friendship.

Yeah, that’d be fun. Too bad it’s impossible to actually, become a ninja, right?

Wrong! If you want to be a ninja, all you have to do is go to the Ninja Academy in Nara Prefecture.

▼ There’s also shaved ice for sale! (Parking at the rear.)

Okay, so you might not learn how to summon spirit animals or anything at the Ninja Academy, but you can learn what actual Japanese ninja were like, and try out their weapons and training for yourself.

To see what the Ninja Academy was all about, we decided to visit for ourselves. It’s open every weekend with one- and two-day courses available. Since we weren’t quite sure how hardcore we were at the time, we decided to opt for the one-day course.

▼ A view of the inside of the dojo.

As soon as we arrived, our sensei immediately started our training. The one-day course was only five hours long, but he was determined to make it an extremely rigorous and thorough five hours.

▼ Most of our training consisted of learning how to use five different ninja weapons: sword, shuriken, blowdart, bow and arrow, and gun.

Yes, that’s right, gun. The academy leader told us that his ancestors taught the use of firearms all the way back until the end of the Edo Period. Ninjas had no scruples when it came to what weapons to use, and if a gun was the right tool for the job, then they’d use it without hesitation.

▼ First came sword training, with a very disappointed-looking sensei
    watching us in the background.

For sword training, we used an actual sword to try to cut through thick tatami mats. It took about a dozen swings each time to finally cut through it, but once we got over the fear of dropping the sword and cutting our toes off, it got a lot easier.

▼ “Take that Orochimaru!”
    “What?”
    “Uh, nothing sensei!“

▼ Next up was shuriken practice.

▼ We used targets to practice with, including a picture of Naruto for you to vent your ninja-frustrations on.

continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

continued from previous

▼ Then came blow-dart training, for when you need to assassinate silently.

▼ “That target kind of looks like the Uchiha family symbol….”
    “What?”
    “NOTHING SENSEI! STOP SNEAKING UP ON ME!”

▼ Next was archery…

▼ …and then finally came firearms. Because sometimes a shuriken just doesn’t cut it.

▼ Lunch was included in the 3,500 yen (US$30) price.
    We got a Ninja Udon and riceballs.

▼ After that it was time to go, but not before snapping a picture with our sensei.
    Man, he looks so much cooler than us. Maybe someday….

masami_1010 1 week ago

Follow
    きょうは忍術を習ってきた。にんにん✨
    Are you ready to practice for your chunin exam? Or to train so you can finally take down Akatsuki? Or just to try throwing a real-life shuriken?

If so, and you’re in the Nara area, check out the Ninja Academy. At 3,500 yen for a five-hour experience (ninja lunch included!), it’s practically a steal. And considering who’s teaching it, maybe it is….

Ninja Academy
    Address: Nara-ken, Nara-shi, Sakaharacho 2188
    奈良県奈良市阪原町2188
    Hours: Sat/Sun only (by appointment), 10:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.
    Phone: 06-6974-1186 or 090-8165-2488
    Website

Featured/top image: Instagram/Kino****a_Masami
    Insert images © RocketNews24
    Wait...no sexy-no-jutsu training?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gold Shuriken?

Who the heck is going to toss one of these away?

Japan Ninja Council fulfills wealthy shadow warriors’ wishes by selling solid gold throwing stars
    Casey Baseel 3 hours ago

Stylish shinobi seeking silver shuriken similarly supplied.

Last fall Japan’s Ninja Council was formed. While it’s still too early to give up hope that the organization’s real purpose is to protect us from an invading army of evil demons that have been sealed away beneath Mt. Fuji for the past 1,000 years, so far the group has been sticking to its publicly professed purpose of spreading knowledge about Japan’s famous shadow warriors and promoting ninja-related tourism.

For its first major project, the Council spearheaded the production of a mobile game titled Ninja King-Ninja Rises, but its newest endeavor is something more traditional. Through a campaign on Japanese crowdfunding site Crowdrive, the Japan Ninja Council is offering throwing stars made of pure silver or gold, crafted one of Japan’s oldest medal-making companies, Matsumoto Kisho.

Measuring nine centimeters (3.54 inches) across, the silver shuriken weighs 25 grams (0.88 ounces)…

…while the identically sized gold version tips the scales at 50 grams.

You might think that such conspicuous luxury runs counter to the understated subterfuge associated with the ninja, but their precious metal-construction has an upside from a legal standpoint. Possession and purchase of ordinary shuriken is heavily regulated under Japan’s Sword and Firearm Control Laws, but the two throwing stars being offered by the Japan Ninja Council are classified as art objects.

Aside from gold’s pliable nature making it a poor choice for weaponry, another obvious reason for the loophole is the cost of the throwing stars. The silver star is priced at 150,000 yen (US$1,340), and if you want to pretend you’re James Bond villain Francisco Scaramanga’s Japanese cousin, the Man with the Golden Shuriken, that’ll cost you 770,000 yen. In other words, no one with the cash to buy these is doing so with the intention of sharpening their edges and throwing them around while robbing the local convenience store.

The shurikens’ Crowdrive campaign can be found here. Since quantities are limited to just 10 stars of each variety, buying a spare probably isn’t an option, so you’ll want to keep yours safely stored and only use it for your most formal ninja social engagements.

Source: Grapee
    Feature image: Crowdrive (edited by RocketNews24)
    Top image: Crowdrive (edited by RocketNews24)
    Insert images: Japan Ninja Council, Crowdrive (edited by RocketNews24)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Chris O’Neill

A real life American Ninja.

Japanese tourism board hires American expat as professional ninja
    Casey Baseel 11 hours ago

Tokyo resident is the first foreign member of the Hattori Hanzo Ninja Squad.

A few weeks ago the Aichi Prefectural tourism board announced that it was looking for a few good ninja. Specifically, the organization posted job listing for new members of the Hattori Hanzo Ninja Squad, also called Hattori and the Ninjas, a shinobi-style tourism promotion team that travels not only around the country, but also goes overseas to give live performances showcasing the skills of Japan’s legendary shadow warriors.

The ninja squad was recruiting seven members for the role of Hattori Hanzo and six of his underlings. Interestingly, the tourism board had specified that non-Japanese applicants were welcome, and after reviewing the application packages that were sent in, 24 would-ne ninja, including four foreigners, were asked to audition before the board made its final selections. And while those eventually chosen to become professional ninja include five native sons and one daughter of Aichi Prefecture, there’s now also a non-Japanese member of the Ninja Squad.

Chris O’Neill is an American currently living in Tokyo, working as a model and television/movie extra, but he’ll now be able to add “ninja” to his increasingly broad list of professional experiences. The 29-year-old O’Neill lists freerunning and acrobatics among his physical proficiencies, both of which should come in handy in his new line of work.

When asked what prompted him to apply for the position, O’Neill spoke of a desire to put his skills and experiences as an entertainer to use in a way that can connect with the passion and dreams of young fans of the shinobi arts. It’s a fine sentiment, and we wish O’Neill all the best in this venture, plus congratulate him on having had the last laugh on anyone who ever mocked his decision to move to Japan with, “What, do you want to be a ninja or something?”

Source: Aichi Prefectural tourism board via IT Media
    Featured image: Aichi Prefectural tourism board (1, 2) (edited by RocketNews24)
    Top image: Aichi Prefectural tourism board
    Insert images: Aichi Prefectural tourism board
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Ninja: National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan)

Discover your stealth skills at THE NINJA exhibit coming to Tokyo in July!
    Kay 3 days ago

Who hasn’t been fascinated by the ninja and their legendary skills? Well, this special ninja exhibit should certainly help you learn more about their mysterious world!

We all love ninjas, don’t we? But how much do we really know about them? Although much about these “secret agents” of the feudal era remain a mystery, the academic world has been busy trying to uncover as much fact as possible about them. Happily for ninja fans, the public will get to share in some of the insights that researchers have gained into the world of the shinobi (literally “stealth”), as ninja are sometimes called.

The exhibit is based on scientific research on the ninja led by Mie University, and the exhibit hall has three distinct areas, each representing the elements of “mind, skill and body” (shin, gi, tai), in which the ninja were highly trained.

As you move through the exhibit, you’ll have the opportunity to practice throwing shuriken stars, improve your jumping power and learn secret operative skills, such as memory enhancement techniques and special breathing techniques as well as ways to send secret messages. You’ll also be able to see ancient ninjutsu manuscripts and ninja weapons on display. Now, that certainly sounds like a whole lot of secret agent fun!

THE NINJA exhibit will run from July 2 (Sat) to October 10 (Mon) at the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan) in Tokyo’s Odaiba area. If you’re going to be in Tokyo during that time, it could be an excellent opportunity for you to get a glimpse into what the true world of the ninja may have been like. We hope you enjoy testing your stealth skills!

Exhibit Details
    The Ninja
    July 2 (Sat) to October 10 (Mon)
    Venue: National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan)
    Tokyo-to, Koto-ku, Aomi 2-3-6 (Access information)
    東京都江東区青海2-3-6
    Admission: 1,600 yen (about US$14.50) for adults, 1,000 yen (900 yen on Saturdays) for children of grade-school age to 18, and 500 yen for preschoolers years old (*Free admission for children 2 years old and under)

Source: THE NINJA exhibit website via ITmedia
    Japanese ninjas are more fun.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ninjas!

Today (Mon 5th Dec, 2016) is...
    International Ninja Day

Dates
    5th Dec each year
    Other names
    Day Of The Ninja

Espionage, Assassination, Guerrilla warfare, and sabotage, these are the skills of the ninja. Clad in their signature black, they appear from the depths of the night like a hawk on stolen wings, striking their quarry and disappearing again without leaving a trace. They are rumored to be the masters of Kuji-Kiri, an eastern magical practice that made them capable of combining their natural ability to move like ghosts with supernatural powers. International Ninja Day is dedicated to remembering and honoring these ancient warriors of China and Japan.

History of International Ninja Day
    To truly understand the history of International Ninja Day, one must first understand the history of the Ninja. The original Ninja were warriors of the Iga Province of Japan during the Sengoku period. These warriors were raised from the basic people of the countryside, without access to proper armor, weapons, or training to use them. This is why so many of the weapons of the Ninja are drawn from agricultural roots, such as the Kunai and sickles, they were also weapons that disguised themselves. No sir, no infiltration focused assassin here, just a humble farmer working his fields.

The “traditional” black clothing of the ninja actually came about as a result of how Ninja were represented in theater. Being the everyday people of their province, they were invisible to the ruling class. You could not identify them by clothing or weapons, banner or nationality, they were the people of their country and therefor invisible. In Theater this was represented by the stage hands playing the part of the Ninjas, they wore black clothes that covered them from head to toe, and made them invisible against the black background of the stage. Also, those who frequented the theater were used to the presence of these stage-hands, and their sudden inclusion in the play came as a shock.

How to Celebrate International Ninja Day
    There are a thousand movies about Ninjas out there, and some of them are among the best pieces of cinema available in just about every genre. Start your celebration of International Ninja Day by compiling a much watch list and getting together with friends to watch them around a home cooked traditional Japanese or Chinese meal… Or at least order take-out.

To add to the madness of the Ninja history, dress up in the theater traditional uniform and take to the streets, but turn it on its head. As a Modern Ninja, appear unexpectedly to do great acts of charity for the common man. Never forget that Ninja were oppressed hungry commoners before they were the most feared warriors in the world. Give back to their roots to truly honor them.
    Not to be confused with February 22 is NINJA DAY! That's when Japan celebrates.

NINJA GEAR HERE!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ninjacket

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips