Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm in my teacher's new Lian Bu Quan DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    KF, care to comment on the comment about different police in different cultures having to train differently
    I think MMA.TV probably has a LEO Ground forum. That would be the place to get the best answers for that. I'm betting most officers will tell you that all LEO unarmed hand to hand training is pretty limited unless the officers are training on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Before this gets any hotter... I honestly think you should all take it down a notch. Revere has a lot of training with military guys in China. Interesting stuff, stuff you don't see too often around here. For Hau and Revere, Knifefighter is no keyboard warrior. He's a legit BJJ black belt and a dog brother. He knows weapons, particularly blades. KF comes off harsh at times, but he's probably cute and cuddly in person (ok, maybe not)

KF, care to comment on the comment about different police in different cultures having to train differently
    It's great that he's a BJJ guy. His art style isn't of any consequence to me whatsoever. Also, I wasn't "challenging him to a fight to the death", obviously... If he's skilled then I'm even MORE eager to roll with him and see what he knows.

My point is that with 3000 posts (many of them inflammatory), it's an easy thing to sit back and be a ***** without knowing the first thing about the person you're being a ***** to. It's not like Dennis is some unknown or that his "lineage" or even his course material is questionable. It's a standard case of "I'm on the Internet and can say whatever I want with no fear of consequence and very little chance of ever having to back up what I say". Regardless of his real life skill, that STILL makes him a keyboard warrior

My offer still stands... If you're in Cowtown in the future I'm definitely up for crossing hands. At the worst, I get to see how it's "really done", right? So what's to lose?
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

Wait wait wait... you're posting a clip of you sport fighting?!?

Hahahahah... alright man. You sure showed me.

Cheers!
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Hau Tien View Post
    Wait wait wait... you're posting a clip of you sport fighting?!?
    Hahahahah... alright man. You sure showed me.
    Cheers!
    Anxiously awaits non-sport, full-contact "combat" fighting clips from yet more kung fu clowns.

Of which there are NEVER any.

Yawn...
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 01-11-2007 at 12:49 PM.

oh well, at least I tried.......
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Hau Tien View Post
    It's not like Dennis is some unknown or that his "lineage" or even his course material is questionable.
    How does someone being "known" or having lineage have anything to do with the fact that what was shown on that video was BS?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    How does someone being "known" or having lineage have anything to do with the fact that what was shown on that video was BS?
    You're the man, cool guy. See you at the beach. Enjoy your trolling

-- Chang Style Novice

From a non-expert:

Punching the knife hand I think would be fine if you're going to run. I would expect a slashed forearm from that groin shot. I'd prefer to grab if I could to control and so I know exactly where it is at all times.

The 2 handed knee block in the clinch can be seen in any number of UFC fights (notably Rich Franklin's latest). Personally, I try to avoid having both hands in the same place whenever possible.

The elbow after the knee block seems a little weak, can't see it having much effect. I would go immediately to a throw over the left knee.

All in all not what I would do but I guess it depends on what you're used to and comfortable with. I'm sure my way feels awkward or not right to others.

Interesting none the less. I'm always up for different perspectives.

As far as police training, at least in this country, based on the guys I know they don't seem to get much. I think most get their training outside the job or learn as they go.

Just a thought, instead of the insults, bashing and challenges how about analyzing the moves in the clip. Pros? Cons? Defenses?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Gene, I think I originally got that translation from Justin.

Anyway, to try to bring some productivity to the thread, I wanted to ask Knifefighter what he considers good knife defense. Obviously, it's a ****ty situation to begin with, but if you had to, what could we consider some high-percentage techniques? I'm going to assume that Knifefighter's screen name reflects experience with the weapon.

Also, this is a question for everybody: How do you practice weapon defense? I've never done much in CMA classes, only escrima. I'm interested in hearing some different methods...

Knife, you really need to lay off whatever drugs you're on dude. Holy jebas you are a negative hissy fit waiting to happen.

how does your liver feel with all that hatre and bile coursing through it?

If you really hate cma so much, why do you oput yourself into places like a kungfu forum?

your video clips that have been posted show you to be doing whatever it is that you think is good I guess. And that's cool, but your negative intionations are quite constant and all the time.

I am surprised at the amount of time Rovere has spent on this one form. kudos. you must really be comfortable with it back forth upside down by now. I've known this form for over 10 years now and still play it now and again. It indeed has good applications in it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

For those of us that aren't familiar with this set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-xTb73wB7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dndU6SzYAE4

Also, Knifefighters link is bad.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

I just want to know when posting video on the internet became the indicator of if something has happened or not.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshaw View Post
    Anyway, to try to bring some productivity to the thread, I wanted to ask Knifefighter what he considers good knife defense. Obviously, it's a ****ty situation to begin with, but if you had to, what could we consider some high-percentage techniques? I'm going to assume that Knifefighter's screen name reflects experience with the weapon.
    Head over to the training for the street thread... maybe we can get some good discussions going over there
    And hopefully the guys who don't train for real will stay out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshaw View Post
    Also, this is a question for everybody: How do you practice weapon defense? I've never done much in CMA classes, only escrima. I'm interested in hearing some different methods...
    Weapons defense should be practiced hard, as close to real as possible, and in a variety of situations from outside to close in to grappling to groundfighting.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 01-11-2007 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    For those of us that aren't familiar with this set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-xTb73wB7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dndU6SzYAE4

Also, Knifefighters link is bad.
    wow. although there are some similarities and some exact same moves, the version I learned is very different from those two and each of those is different from the other as well!

that's real interesting.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    And hopefully the guys who don't train for real will stay out of it.
    BawahahhahahahahahahahPrissy Cheerleader

Gimme a D.............Gimme a U.............Gimme a M................Gimme a B.

What does it spell!!

Knifefighter!!!! Yeay!!!!

Edit: Ross has a soul after all. Like 13 year old kids don't curse?
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 01-11-2007 at 06:29 PM.