Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The biggest loser (the challange you don't want to win)

The biggest loser (the challange you don't want to win)

I have an average of 1.32 posts per day. Who has the most (the biggest loser)? I don't want any excuses like "I post when I'm at work and bored" and I am going to look at all the regulars so you might as well fess up.
    Bless you

Believe it or not - 'Total Posts: 4,005 (0.30 posts per day)"

so you're a way bigger loser than me
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

lkfmdc and MerryPrankster both less than one post per day.

Ray Pina-1.88
    GunnedDownAttrocity- less than one
    Gene Ching- .53 (the only one who has a legit excuse)

Golden Airhat-1.03

A HUGE LOSER Masterkiller -5.01
    Bless you

The Xia-4.82
    Bless you

1.18 i guess i lose. but at least i am not the biggest lsoer on here.

Coach Ross' buddy beats them all I think.

Lunghushan has 6.83 posts per day

-David

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    A HUGE LOSER Masterkiller -5.01
    HELL YA! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

MK cheated!

He deletes his posts. No fair. Btw, I just figured out how to view deleted posts. This freakin' forum stores 'em.

OK, I'm going back to my legit excuse. Thanks for playing everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yay, I'm the biggest loser! I was trying to get up to 7 per day but I didn't have enough time.

The current top three.

lunghushan-6.83
    MasterKiller-5.01
    The Xia-4.82
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    He deletes his posts. No fair. Btw, I just figured out how to view deleted posts. This freakin' forum stores 'em.

OK, I'm going back to my legit excuse. Thanks for playing everyone!
    Strangely enough, MK's habit seems to be rubbing off on me. I find myself deleting threads more often these days. This forum stores deleted posts? No fair! That violates the natural rules of the KFM forumsphere. I mean think about it. That means the Falun Gong thread is being preserved!
    What happened to "All things are impermanent"?
    Last edited by The Xia; 01-19-2007 at 01:16 PM.

If the join date says 1970, though, does it figure the posts per day from there?

If so, then this thing is kindof wrong. Not saying I'm not winning or anything since I've only been posting since like August or something, but the #s are wrong.

And yeah, I've been deleting my threads too ... especially since everybody usually just runs on there and starts dissing me. LOL They're just jealous they don't have the posts per day that I do.

forum weirdness

Forum technology is pretty weird. There's still a lot of functions about this forum that I don't understand. If I did, I could probably find a much more lucrative career in IT.

To answer lhs: I believe the forum calculates posts-per-day based on the number of posts divided by the days since we moved the forum. If you go back in time, back into the archives, you'll find that all the dates vanish at a point where our search engine cannot reach. The previous archives exist, but they have to be searched the old-fashion way, by going through every page. Sometimes, you can trick it by using another search engine like google or yahoo to plumb the ancient archives, but you have to have good search engine fu and know how to phrase your question well. I don't believe the forum recognizes dates before the move. But who knows? It was a sketchy move. We almost lost the whole beastie.

To answer TX: I just discovered that can access the deleted falun gong thread in its entirety. Absurd, huh? And here noble MK was deleting to save bandwidth. When I do a search as an admin, the search pulls up the deleted threads too. In that window, there's a button that says 'view'. I'm not sure what your experience is as a member. Try it. Search 'falun gong' and see if you can see it and then let me know here. I'd be very curious to know.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    I'm the biggest loser!
    I didn't even have to edit that one.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

To answer lhs: I believe the forum calculates posts-per-day based on the number of posts divided by the days since we moved the forum. If you go back in time, back into the archives, you'll find that all the dates vanish at a point where our search engine cannot reach. The previous archives exist, but they have to be searched the old-fashion way, by going through every page. Sometimes, you can trick it by using another search engine like google or yahoo to plumb the ancient archives, but you have to have good search engine fu and know how to phrase your question well. I don't believe the forum recognizes dates before the move. But who knows? It was a sketchy move. We almost lost the whole beastie.
    It calculates based on posts since your join date. So, if your join date is 1970 (about 13,505 days), and you have 4,005 posts, it will average to about .029 posts per day (hence, LKFMDC).

If you calculated it based on, lets say 5 years (1826.25 days), then LKFMDC would have 2.2 posts per day.

To answer TX: I just discovered that can access the deleted falun gong thread in its entirety. Absurd, huh? And here noble MK was deleting to save bandwidth. When I do a search as an admin, the search pulls up the deleted threads too. In that window, there's a button that says 'view'. I'm not sure what your experience is as a member. Try it. Search 'falun gong' and see if you can see it and then let me know here. I'd be very curious to know.
    Only admin can see the deleted threads. That's a common function of any BB. However, I do not delete to save bandwidth. I delete threads once I think they've outlived their usefulness. I do the same thing with DVDs. If I haven't watched it in 2 years, it goes on eBay.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 01-19-2007 at 02:42 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Nope, the Falun Gong thread doesn't show up in a search. That’s good in my book since I’d rather not have to see that thread come up in my searches lol. It must be your admin privileges or something. So I guess deleted posts are gone to the general public but not to you. It doesn't bother me that I can't read deleted posts. It's only fair. That's how it is supposed to be, although the fact that they are not really gone completely seems to go against the concept.