Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw a man get his throat slit this past weekend

i got to the point where sevenstart was describing how intimidating and awesome he looks and i just kept reading that over and over again.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Unfortunately, that is the reality of the blade on the street.

It's not the "I broke his arm before he could touch me" BS that so many people's fantasies perpetuate.

The fact is, a person who gets attacked with a knife will never even know there was a blade involved until they have been stabbed.
    this is exactly why i carry a knife about 95% of the time.

on 3 seperate occasions, the mere visual of me holding a knife proved intimidating enough to warrent appologies from the aggressors. ( of course i was lucky enough that the jerks either a) didnt have a weapon, or b) didnt want to see if they had better weapon skills.)

i have only had to actually cut somone once. and all i actualy did was stab thier leading hand....end of story.

usually the sight of ones own blood or the realization they may be possibly facing a life ending situation, makes them decide they dont really want to hurt you all that bad.

even a cornered mangy dog has teeth...mine just come in the form of sharp steel.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Question: when did we get a hot female kung fu poster?
    Su Lin has been around for a while. In fact, she used to stalk me but then things got weird. Now we just pretend not to notice each other.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

B..b...b....but I thought you liked me stalking you.

I think I even had a stalker once too.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    this is exactly why i carry a knife about 95% of the time.

on 3 seperate occasions, the mere visual of me holding a knife proved intimidating enough to warrent appologies from the aggressors. ( of course i was lucky enough that the jerks either a) didnt have a weapon, or b) didnt want to see if they had better weapon skills.)

i have only had to actually cut somone once. and all i actualy did was stab thier leading hand....end of story.

usually the sight of ones own blood or the realization they may be possibly facing a life ending situation, makes them decide they dont really want to hurt you all that bad.

even a cornered mangy dog has teeth...mine just come in the form of sharp steel.
    PQ, what kind of knife do you carry?
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I once saw a man with his throat slit dead in the street. He was a scumball drug dealer killed and left out in a public way by other scumball drug dealers for trying to sell to "their" clients. This was in Colombia in an area frequented by backpackers. Nasty sight

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin View Post
    I have heard that too, it's really tricky to tell someone has a knife until it is pulled.We do knife defence in class but I'm not sure it would actually be much use if trying to de-knife an attacker.
    Actually its not that easy to cut someone with a knife. i tried going for a pedophiles balls/***** once and he blocked it, than he kept movuing back and blocked another one I think or his jeans were too baggy, anyway I ended up ahving to fake high and low and it took awhile ebfore I could slash him once in the gut, if he actually fought back or something it would have been even harder. What sucks is I only slashed him once and didnt accomplish what I wanted to and that was to castrate him or get his *****, all I did was put a tiny hle in his gut that now hes probably healed from. He kept beggina nd saying it wasnt him or something so I kinda became soft.

I've never stabbed anyone, but I've never brandished a knife to make a point either. I know that the only reason you take the blade out is if your life is in danger and YOU ARE going to use it. Knives are a touch and damage weapon and are used steathly, that's why it was the choice of the assassin.

What did the shanker get? I hope he gets a heafty jail sentance with Bubba the cornholer for thinking he's Johnny-Hard-Ass. Do you know why the man was cut?
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Quote Originally Posted by JetLi'sFearless View Post
    Actually its not that easy to cut someone with a knife. i tried going for a pedophiles balls/***** once and he blocked it, than he kept movuing back and blocked another one I think or his jeans were too baggy, anyway I ended up ahving to fake high and low and it took awhile ebfore I could slash him once in the gut, if he actually fought back or something it would have been even harder. What sucks is I only slashed him once and didnt accomplish what I wanted to and that was to castrate him or get his *****, all I did was put a tiny hle in his gut that now hes probably healed from. He kept beggina nd saying it wasnt him or something so I kinda became soft.

Uhh...actually it is very easy to cut someone with a properly sharpend blade. Problem is you were too busy trying to shank a pederast in the nuts with your swiss army knife to think about cuting in AND out. Watch Fearless a few more times then maybe next time you'll be able to Chi blast him instead of trying to poke his nuts with a knife, tool.
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 01-22-2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: witty quip addage
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I believe that witnessing a throat slitting is about +3 to street cred.

At 15 street cred you get to do the Chi Blast. Unfortunately this drops your street cred down to -5.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptinPickAxe View Post
    Uhh...actually it is very easy to cut someone with a properly sharpend blade. Problem is you were too busy trying to shank a pederast in the nuts with your swiss army knife to think about cuting in AND out. Watch Fearless a few more times then maybe next time you'll be able to Chi blast him instead of trying to poke his nuts with a knife, tool.
    yea I admit my blade was small and crappy and not too well sharpened but still he put his hand in the way almsot every time, and no I didnt sneak it out he saw it before I went at him with it, but still nto as easy as I thought it would be as people have a natural reaction or reflexes that arent as bad as I previously thought. For instance I also had an isntance where a guy with hsi hands down to his pants blocked a hook shot from me I threw out of nowhere (sucker punch). ALso its pretty much impossible tos neak it out and use it without them knowing it unless their back is turned or something cause theyll see you reaching into your pocket or pants for it.
    Last edited by JetLi'sFearless; 01-23-2007 at 12:34 AM.

If your happeh and you know it clap your hands!
    Bodhi Richards

ooookay...nooow i see what everyones goin on about....

so did you lose track of that ban button Gene?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

So...did I miss something?

If used like I would use it, it would be in a skirmish were I feel my life is threatened. When you are in the heat of a scuffle it wouldn't be too hard to discharge a blade undetected. Hell, several of my friends have been stabbed this way. Didn't even know it happend until it was over in their case (must of been on the Swiss Army tip like you ), but it goes to fact that when rolling around you can pull and cut someone.

I'm not the type to flaunt a blade to inspire fear or remorse, or to hurt someone. I carry a blade to protect my life or cut some shit up (boxes and the sort). When and If the time comes for me to pull my blade, then I'll be sure and use it when the time is just right. Meaning, when I feel it has escalated to a life or death situation.
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 01-23-2007 at 02:30 AM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest