Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I saw a man get his throat slit this past weekend

I saw a man get his throat slit this past weekend

I was at work, and like any typical saturday, I stood in the aisle looking all intimidating and awesome, like I normally do. Around 2am I was handling an issue at the far side of the floor, near the bar, then cleared the aisle out, as there were at least 100 people in it... so many that I couldn't see what was going on on the other side of them. Once I got the aisle clear, a woman standing next to me says "they need you by the middle bar (we have three of them on that floor) quick"

I run and push through the crowd in time to see a fight coming to an end and a guy laying out on the floor with a 3.5 or so inch gash in his throat. He was losing blood pretty rapidly, but I could see that the flesh underneath his skin wasn't cut. We kept the crowd away from him and made space for the cops and paramedics to get to him. The guy is gonna live, and we caught the idiot that cut him.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Unfortunately, that is the reality of the blade on the street.

It's not the "I broke his arm before he could touch me" BS that so many people's fantasies perpetuate.

The fact is, a person who gets attacked with a knife will never even know there was a blade involved until they have been stabbed.

true. I know several people who have told me they didn't even realize they were being cut until it was too late.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I have heard that too, it's really tricky to tell someone has a knife until it is pulled.We do knife defence in class but I'm not sure it would actually be much use if trying to de-knife an attacker.

Doesn't help much if the attacker knows what he's doing, whether it's formal training or street training.

Another thing my brother-in-law told me about getting knifed (he lost a lung) is the sharper the knife the less you feel it. He was stabbed a bunch of times before he realized what happened.

Anyhow, that's still no reason to stop training the defenses. You might get lucky and get attacked by a clueless knifefighter.

The whole idea is to increase your odds and giving up ahead of time just doesn't cut it.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Something I used to do when I wound up in scuffles- after things had settled down and I got to somewhere safe, I'd take my shirt off and check in a mirror for wounds, or have a buddy look me over, then go hit the bathroom and drop trou and check my legs. Never found anything, but a useful bit of paranoia. One of my bros got in a situation in Amsterdam a few years ago with some folks, and did well for himself. He was walking home and after about a mile felt that his leg was cold, then he noticed it was wet. He got a nasty cut (2 weeks in the hospital) while he was kneeing a guy in the head (he thinks- makes the most sense going over events). Never even saw the knife.

Andrew

Crazy!

Question: when did we get a hot female kung fu poster?

Ray, 7* is not a female.

g

strike!

Disclaimer:

Even though KF seems to butt heads a lot around here I think he knows a lot about what he is saying and brings up many good points.

That said, Yao, I think you just wrote your new sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    You might get lucky and get attacked by a clueless knifefighter.
    -David

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Crazy!

(In case you refer to me been here a little while but not posted for a while.And if you weren't referring to me apologies for my big headedness.)

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin View Post

(In case you refer to me been here a little while but not posted for a while.And if you weren't referring to me apologies for my big headedness.)
    somebody is full of herself *points at su lin*

haha just kidding.

See, I told you I apologised
    *runs off and hides in the corner*

No, I was referring to you

They don't grow them like that around here... one of the reasons I'm packing my stuff and bouncing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Crazy!

did you check out yao sing's website? Did you see his daughter?!

no offence mr yao sing sir. If you did takr offence to this, I'll delete it.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

yeah i heard the same. don see the knife and dont know you are getting stabbed. its the reality of it.

well im glad the guy is gonna live and you caught the guy. he is going to get a nice attempted murder charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.